Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 05:59 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I like the fact they are focused on improving the running game and they did focus on the line.  I am just snake bitten by this organization with the Ced and Fisher fiasco.  I don’t know if I trust their judgement.  Please don’t say Zac is making the call because the Brown family still run the show and I am not convinced Mikey isn’t involved with these selections

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, this draft seems to indicate that Taylor is HEAVILY involved in the final calls.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:57 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'm fine with the Anderson pick. Could be a PUP or IR guy for the year, redshirt so to speak, and then you look at him fully healthy next year. Has some upside and clearly they didn't think much of the other players available here and believe in the CBs on the roster.

Guessing that there's a lot of UDFA movement for competition at some of those spots.

I would bet it's this. It might also indicate that they are preparing to move on from Gio soon.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should take a long look at Hall WR next.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They're talking up Davis and Anderson right now. Music to my ears.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Time to make your predictions: Bengals 7th rounder at 223.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:59 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I like the fact they are focused on improving the running game and they did focus on the line.  I am just snake bitten by this organization with the Ced and Fisher fiasco.  I don’t know if I trust their judgement.  Please don’t say Zac is making the call because the Brown family still run the show and I am not convinced Mikey isn’t involved with these selections

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go so far as to say the calls have solely been Zac's call.  The Brown family has their hands very deep in the organization.  I would tend to think that getting Sample in the second is a good case of probably being a pick in Zac's system.  I've been impressed with Finley's tape and the Goff comparisons are there.  It just feels to me like Zac is at least getting SOME say in what team he is fielding.
Reply/Quote
Pick a name and stand by it for Pick 223 by Bengals
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Derrick Baity

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:48 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Probably couldn't hear ya after Tyson bit his ears off. :troll:

Yeah he probably couldn't hear s***.
Reply/Quote
Hmm. I'm going to go with...Andrew Wingard, Safety, Wyoming.
Reply/Quote
My prediction of the last pick will be...……..David Sills, WR, West Virginia
Reply/Quote
Okay, I wanted to go with Hall, but I am going to stick with the unpredictable trend and select....

7th round pick 223: Penny Hart WR
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Hall from Mizzou
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Hopkins to center and Price to G if any moves are made. Jordan was a terrible center and caused multiple movement penalties thru out last season for the Buckeyes with his poor snap ability. He was by far the weakest link for the OSU line last season. I sure hope they plan on working him only at guard. This is the one selection they have made that I do not care for.

If guard and center don't work how about power forward?
Reply/Quote
Wisconsin G Beau Benzschawel was an All American last year. Crazy he is still available. He had some questions marks I guess, but still...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:10 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Wisconsin G Beau Benzschawel was an All American last year. Crazy he is still available. He had some questions marks I guess, but still...

I picked him for 6th round. ya, a great player in zone blocking schemes
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
We needed Linebackers that can tackle and Deshaun Davis is just that and very smart.

Another leader and tackler. Great pick.

Rodney Anderson is crazy talented, good gamble if he can stay healthy. Impressed me when i saw him play and i am a RB evaluator more than any position. The injuries have been freaky but if the team was willing to take a gamble on him they must know that he is coming in healthy. We got some depth at RB with Trayveon and Rodney now, damn.

A+ Draft.

Bet Simmons takes a WR with the last pick for ST's.
Reply/Quote
Jelks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We will draft another QB.. why not? Attitude
Reply/Quote