Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
I like the doubling up on areas of need, OL, LB and RB.
Reply/Quote
Taylor is keeping his word on bringing in guys with high character and football acumen. Deshaun Davis might be our new Vinny Rey and that's not bad at all
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:09 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: My prediction of the last pick will be...……..David Sills, WR, West Virginia

I'd be cool with that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:09 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: My prediction of the last pick will be...……..David Sills, WR, West Virginia

Yeah, my prediction as well.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Brown from South Dakota St. Seems to be a fairly high ranked CB. We could use some help there. Not sure about who he is, but seems reasonable with the 7th.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Brown CB

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dude had a 3rd RD grade
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I didn't see that coming. At least they bring in CB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:13 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Brown from South Dakota St.  Seems to be a fairly high ranked CB.  We could use some help there.  Not sure about who he is, but seems reasonable with the 7th.

Yeah I saw his name on the screen as the pick as well.  Wink

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Now the UDFA scramble begins

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Another Team Captain. I like what they're doing here. Sounds like a decent player as well.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah I saw his name on the screen as the pick as well.  Wink

If I didn't have bad timing, I'd have no timing  Cry
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude had a 3rd RD grade

What is this guy about?  Is it because he is from small school?  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We needed Linebackers that can tackle and Deshaun Davis is just that and very smart.

Another leader and tackler. Great pick.

Rodney Anderson is crazy talented, good gamble if he can stay healthy. Impressed me when i saw him play and i am a RB evaluator more than any position. The injuries have been freaky but if the team was willing to take a gamble on him they must know that he is coming in healthy. We got some depth at RB with Trayveon and Rodney now, damn.

A+ Draft.

Bet Simmons takes a WR with the last pick for ST's.

Holy Homerism, Batman. Holy fried eggs in the pan without the pan.

Davis is terrible. Don’t take my word for it. Look around. Throwaway pick. He’s not making the team. And no team that takes Drew Sample in the 2nd round gets an A+, even if you believe he may be a starter someday.

This wasn’t even close to an A. It’s not even a B on paper. They made some nice picks and some silly ones. For the love of spicy brown mustard, at least try to be a little objective.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State.

Good pick. Graded higher than Kendall Sheffield, Kris Boyd and Isaiah Johnson and just under David Long. Boyd and Johnson went in the 4th round. Long went in the 3rd.

-Good hands.
-Prototype for height, weight and speed for CB.
Reply/Quote
Well unless the Bengals trade Andy for a late 7th rounder now that his has an obvious replacement we won't have any more picks. Big Grin Enjoyable draft.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What is this guy about?  Is it because he is from small school?  

Probably. He did start at South Dakota State as a WR too. That said, he's got all the measurables for a CB. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Holy Homerism, Batman. Holy fried eggs in the pan without the pan.

Davis is terrible. Don’t take my word for it. Look around. Throwaway pick. He’s not making the team. And no team that takes Drew Sample in the 2nd round gets an A+, even if you believe he may be a starter someday.

This wasn’t even close to an A. It’s not even a B on paper. They made some nice picks and some silly ones. For the love of spicy brown mustard, at least try to be a little objective.

We can't say what the grade is yet for this draft.. they took guys from THEIR board who they had ranked higher than most teams. I think they got a few impact players and Sample is one of them. I liked this draft by our team 
Reply/Quote
Obviously the class has some warts, but for the most part I think they did well. I also think they bring in some competition in UDFA and one or two might stick depending on where it's at.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Holy Homerism, Batman. Holy fried eggs in the pan without the pan.

FWIW, Kat Terrell reported that scouts from teams around the league were a lot higher on Sample than the media was and he was not expected to be around much longer.

It was a good draft, overall.  They filled their needs and they got some value picks to offset the reaches if you listen to the draftniks.
Reply/Quote