Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 02:46 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: So what picks do we even have left?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I spoke to Evander Holyfield in the Newark airport in 2000.

He did not speak back.  Must not have known who I was.

Probably couldn't hear ya after Tyson bit his ears off. :troll:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know nothing of him.

Very long Center. Pat Kirwan has been pimping him all off-season. Thinks he can actually play OT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not at all thrilled with the selection of Jordan. He was the weakest link on the Buckeyes offensive line last year. He constantly caused movement penalties snapping the ball. I certainly hope the plan is to work him at G.

Should have never played him at C.  Will be an upgrade for us at G.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: They gave Dallas their 5th

They said 2 6's

We have our 5th still (edit) NFLN lied it appears and we gave them our 5th

That shocks me if we gave up a 5th and 6th to move up 15 spots???
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Just got back from my kids' soccer games to find out we traded up for 2 studs. What a heck of a 4th round!

LOVE the Jordan pick. The guy is a team player. Took a hit to his draft stock by moving to center last year but he mauled people his first 2 years at guard. This will be Boling's replacement in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:45 PM)pally Wrote: Drafting Jordan to play Guard?  or move Price and Jordan plays center?  With Hopkins we have options

Hopkins to center and Price to G if any moves are made. Jordan was a terrible center and caused multiple movement penalties thru out last season for the Buckeyes with his poor snap ability. He was by far the weakest link for the OSU line last season. I sure hope they plan on working him only at guard. This is the one selection they have made that I do not care for.
Reply/Quote
Guessing one of those later picks will be RB. Wonder why some of these guys are dropping. Even if they're a little overrated by draft pundits, you still feel like they have the talent to have been taken earlier.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
3 6ths and a 7th left
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Very long Center. Pat Kirwan has been pimping him all off-season. Thinks he can actually play OT

Taylor said he wants OL that can play multiple positions, looks like he got another one

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They said 2 6's

We have our 5th still

I'm just going by what the draft tracker shows on NFL.com.  It shows we gave Dallas our 5th.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm just going by what the draft tracker shows on NFL.com.  It shows we gave Dallas our 5th.

Saw that too so I am confused as Eisen said 2 6th rounders to move into 4th

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm just going by what the draft tracker shows on NFL.com.  It shows we gave Dallas our 5th.

Yeah, Bengals gave up their 5th and a 6th.
Reply/Quote
Wouldnt surprise me if the Bengals trade one more time.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Oruwariye, Harmon, Boyd, Emmanuel Hall all options later on.

Crap. Really like Armstead.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not at all thrilled with the selection of Jordan. He was the weakest link on the Buckeyes offensive line last year. He constantly caused movement penalties snapping the ball. I certainly hope the plan is to work him at G.

This is an unfair assessment. He played out of position last year as a 6'6 center because the team didn't have anyone else. He's a guard that that may be able to play some at tackle. I'm thrilled to get him in the 4th round. I just wonder if he has some hidden injury that caused him to fall. When he declared, a lot of people expected him to be a 2nd-3rd rounder. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rfaulk's avatar is now appropriate for a Bengal fan.

It's always been there for that reason.  :andy: :andy:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Hopkins to center and Price to G if any moves are made. Jordan was a terrible center and caused multiple movement penalties thru out last season for the Buckeyes with his poor snap ability. He was by far the weakest link for the OSU line last season. I sure hope they plan on working him only at guard. This is the one selection they have made that I do not care for.

He only played one year at OC.

Looks to me like a great value pick that could possibly play multiple positions.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:49 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just got back from my kids' soccer games to find out we traded up for 2 studs. What a heck of a 4th round!

LOVE the Jordan pick. The guy is a team player. Took a hit to his draft stock by moving to center last year but he mauled people his first 2 years at guard. This will be Boling's replacement in 2020.

The Jordan pick confirms at least for me, that the Bengals really wanted Risner in round 2.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
Big fan of the pick!

[Image: D5LXEOiXoAEowRy.jpg]

https://twitter.com/JoeSteelerFan/status/1122195747028512768
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V