Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
Good pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Boring pick

Boring isn't always bad. At least it wasn't Haskins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This even beats a rain delay with the Reds ahead by 3! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I had Williams as my top linemen in my most recent mock ( 6 to giants) so getting him at 11 has me
Pumped.
Reply/Quote
I like this pick. Best OT in the draft IMO. Who feels the heat now? Hart or Glenn? Jonah is probably better than at least one of them right now. Do we pay a backup swing tackle 7 mil?
Reply/Quote
Very happy with this pick.
Reply/Quote
You know, we got our pick of the first offensive lineman in this draft. Might have been a couple better defensive line prospects, but overall it makes more sense to take your pick of the top offensive lineman in the draft seeing as that's a top need. As long as they get it right, it makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote

Williams slotted in already.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Folks were saying the only knock on Williams was arm length and Dillard was better suited at OT. I think Williams' arms are longer than Dillard's. Oh and kick rocks Lap.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Now trade up and grab Taylor.

How awesome would that be?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:34 PM)OSUfan Wrote: LMAO...…not even close.

Mack Wilson
Vosean Joseph
Emeke Egbule
Tre Watson
Cameron Smith
Ben Burr Kirven

You forgot the best one left: Blake Cashman, Minnesota
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Ha! Steelers thought Bengals were taking a Bush and made a big trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:38 PM)samhain Wrote: I like this pick.  Best OT in the draft IMO.  Who feels the heat now?  Hart or Glenn?  Jonah is probably better than at least one of them right now.  Do we pay a backup swing tackle 7 mil?

Hopefully this guy puts Hart on the ***** bench.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:36 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Taylor learned with the Rams how important it was to have Withworth in his team.

That’s what I thought. Let’s hope Zac Taylor found Andrew Whitworth 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:36 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Taylor learned with the Rams how important it was to have Withworth in his team.

Paul Alexander (yeah I know) said earlier today that Williams was the most mature, NFL psych ready player he's dealt with since Whitworth so at least we know he can properly squeeze a ketchup bottle

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure glad they dropped $21m on Hart just to use their first round pick on a T.

Odds that he is a backup this year and Glenn/Hart start?

He'll start somewhere even if he has to be a holder for Fat Randy.. They ain't gonna let williams sit.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was a big Williams fan I’m happy.

I put a lot of stock into your opinion so this makes me feel better.

Reply/Quote
Would Tayler have been a more likely LT starter moving Glenn to the right?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:37 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would take Pratt or the kid from WV over any of them.

Glad you are not selecting then. Guess you have not looked much at production stats in coverage. You may want to do that. Mack Wilson may very well be the best LB to come out of this draft and Tre Watson may not be far behind him.
Reply/Quote
So glad we didn't take Haskins
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote