Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-24-2020, 01:17 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: 33 has to be the best Ol available.  They have to protect Burrow.  Slide the kid from Pittsburgh inside to guard, Have Jones and Williams our bookends, with Hopkins at center and let Price and Jordan fight for the other Guard spot.  Not to mention the kid from Dallas, forgot about him

Kevin Dotson is a good guard prospect we might be able to get later on for competition as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:17 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: 33 has to be the best Ol available.  They have to protect Burrow.  Slide the kid from Pittsburgh inside to guard, Have Jones and Williams our bookends, with Hopkins at center and let Price and Jordan fight for the other Guard spot.

. I prefer to trade back .. get an extra 4th.. take fill needs of LB and Tackle in 2/3s take WR/Guard/LB best available two picks in 4th
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:22 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: WR is tempting but where is he gonna play right now? Who are you going to replace? Green? no unless he gets hurt again. Boyd? No. Ross? No unless he gets hurt again. Tate? there's your 4th. There is no point.

You don’t draft a player for only one season. He’d be AJ’s or Ross’ replacement. And we could ease him in.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: . I prefer to trade back .. get an extra 4th.. take fill needs of LB and Tackle in 2/3s take WR/Guard/LB best available two picks in 4th

Well there's still the ever-lingering question about New England's QB situation.  They have a boat load of picks and basically acquired an extra fourth for nothing.

If I'm Duke Tobin I'm making a call tomorrow.  One last ditch effort.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I have fears of Cedric with Jones.. athletic but not great feet.. man sounds like Cedric, missed three games Senior year with injury and couple Sophomore year... I don;t think we need to reach at 33 for him.. I prefer to trade back if we don;t pick Baun.. get extra picks load in 3 or 4th round to fill more holes...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Well there's still the ever-lingering question about New England's QB situation.  They have a boat load of picks and basically acquired an extra fourth for nothing.

I think Miami will want to trade up for get a RB
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:22 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: WR is tempting but where is he gonna play right now?  Who are you going to replace?  Green?  no unless he gets hurt again.  Boyd?  No. Ross? No unless he gets hurt again.  Tate? there's your 4th.  There is no point.

The problem is Green is injury prone and has not played in a while, so you cannot plan on him playing 16 games. Ross is both made of glass and has yet to show he can play the position well on a consistent basis. Does ZT really want to risk a repeat of last season where Green's injury and Ross then going down (and not playing overly well except for one game) forced them to restrict the playbook a lot (per his own words)? 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:15 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: So just based on one board of prospects (CBS Sports) here is who is left to pick from to start Rd 2. Of course other boards are completely different and the Bengals' board may be as well.

Reminder: We interviewed Zach Braun, Curtis Weaver, Laviska Shenault, Denzel Mims, and I think we showed some interest in Yetur Gross-Matos as well. Or at least I know there was a period we said we were interested in an Edge rusher.

17...Josh Jones.............OL
20...Yetur Gross-Matos...EDGE
21...Xavier McKinney.....S
24...Kristian Fulton.....CB
26...Zack Baun...........LB
28...Grant Delpit........S
29...Ross Blacklock......DL
30...Trevon Diggs........CB
31...Jonathan Taylor.....RB
34...A.J. Epenesa........EDGE
35...Tee Higgins.........WR
36...Neville Gallimore...DL
37...Laviska Shenault....WR
40...Denzel Mims.........WR
42...Ashtyn Davis........S
46...Ezra Cleveland......OL
47...Lloyd Cushenberry...OL
48...Jaylon Johnson......CB
50...Terrell Lewis.......EDGE

I know the temptation is to go Oline though I think Josh Jones was a left tackle (on the other hand, these days supposedly they are interchangeable) and we're looking more for a right. I wouldn't hate getting a Corner but maybe that is my own weird obsession -- despite picking up 2 in FA and having 2 who could already start for me that isn't enough.

Yeah, that's not right. D Andre Swift is #15 Ranked player on many analysts boards. JK Dobbins isn't a Top 50 Player as well?? 

Either way, I think Bengals will be getting many offers tomorrow for a team like Miami or Seattle wanting their RB. 

I can't wait! 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Well there's still the ever-lingering question about New England's QB situation.  They have a boat load of picks and basically acquired an extra fourth for nothing.

True enough. New England acquired more draft capital and we could easily rework Andy's contract for the Pats. 
Reply/Quote
New England and Jacksonville still need a QB
Reply/Quote
I think Jones was voted top o-lineman at the Senior Bowl practices.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:18 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I want them to pick Josh Jones at 33. They might still get a good starting caliber WR in the 3rd. Either a LB like ADG or a good WR in the 3rd. Maybe they should pick LB in the 3rd this year and just wait until next year's first round for a WR, and hope A.J. Green stays healthy this season.

To me, depends on where aj is physically. If they think he's 100 percent, I'm ok waiting. But I think with a serviceable ol (it's likely much better than last year), the next best think for burrow's success is a consistently good receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:32 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Yeah, that's not right. D Andre Swift is #15 Ranked player on many analysts boards. JK Dobbins isn't a Top 50 Player as well?? 

Either way, I think Bengals will be getting many offers tomorrow for a team like Miami or Seattle wanting their RB. 

I can't wait! 

I actually pulled them off the list:

43...D'Andre Swift.......RB
44...Jacob Eason......QB
45...J.K. Dobbins....RB

I probably should have pulled Jonathan Taylor off too. I mean, I guess it is possible we take an RB given that Mixon is holding out, but it doesn't seem very likely. 

Anyways, I'll edit them back in just for sake of accuracy. 

Reply/Quote
We are going to get offers tomorrow err tonight. In fact the phone is probably already ringing and if it is Miami you definitely listen this time. A lot of good players still out there, and IMO we are still in year 2 of a 3 year project - although i won't be surprised if they surprise us this year ala 2011.

Reply/Quote
A lot of great players still available. Would be happy with any one of Josh Jones, Baun, Mims, Epenesa etc.

There are more too that I would be just fine with, great start to the Draft. Tomorrow is the exciting day where we can be
surprised a bit. We all knew the pick was Burrow, everyone that didn't was hoping for us to suck for years or was just meh.

Watched the first pick and loved seeing our brothers in Orange and Black. Rock On
Reply/Quote
The Bengals still need help on the O line. Burrow has a lot of potential but if he doesnt have a line that can protect him, its going to be rough. After taking Burrow with the #1 overall pick, I think you have to go with O line in the 2nd round to protect him.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:14 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals still need help on the O line. Burrow has a lot of potential but if he doesnt have a line that can protect him, its going to be rough. After taking Burrow with the #1 overall pick, I think you have to go with O line in the 2nd round to protect him.

You definitely don’t have to. Remember, they just took Jonah Williams last year in the 1st. I’d understand it if they do go OL at 33, but I honestly think WR or LB would be good picks there, too.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You definitely don’t have to. Remember, they just took Jonah Williams last year in the 1st. I’d understand it if they do go OL at 33, but I honestly think WR or LB would be good picks there, too.

Damn rights, don't reach cause you think you have to, that is what gets teams into trouble in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You don’t draft a player for only one season. He’d be AJ’s or Ross’ replacement. And we could ease him in.

Fair enough but if you want to replace AJ, trade him now, draft his replacement now. This is the draft to do it
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:37 AM)Benton Wrote: To me, depends on where aj is physically. If they think he's 100 percent, I'm ok waiting. But I think with a serviceable ol (it's likely much better than last year), the next best think for burrow's success is a consistently good receiver. 

I get that, but they'd almost have to hope that A.J. is healthy this year, because at this point nobody in the draft is probably ready to be a #1 WR if Aj is not healthy. And we really don't have any other WR1 on the team. They'd be better off picking holes on the roster elsewhere and just hope to kick the WR1 can down the road one  year, while they get a good year or two from AJ. Of course, once in while a 2nd round or later WR ends up being a WR1 like TO, Chad, or Mike Thomas or even AJ Brown for the Titans. But most of them, other than Mike Thomas and maybe AJ Brown still took a year or two to develop (also Antonio Brown).

For all I know Mims or Pittman could be ready to play in the NFL, but I think they will need a year before they can become the best receiver on the team if AJ is not healthy.
Reply/Quote