Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-24-2020, 11:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believed Jones was not a good fit.. as for Baun, I wanted him but i did not know he had some medical issues that seemed to push him down the board.. Wilson can cover better though than Baun

I feel Jones was a good scheme fit.  However, he had technique issues,strength issues, and didn't play in a power 5 conference and I don't think he would be a big upgrade as a rookie.  It would have taken a year or two for him to start really paying dividends.  I also think they really like Fred Johnson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: hope Peart from Conn.. slides to 4th.. I like him with Simpson also

I like Peart also but if we don't get him I'd rather have Cushenberry over Simpson
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:29 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If he makes it to 4, do we consider ADG and revamp the entire D? Or are we practically required to go OL from here out?

I don't get the ol appeal at this point.

First round,sure, we could've gotten an ol starter. That's about it. It's highly unlikely we would've gotten a starter outside the first, and definitely not the second. We pick up ol in the fourth, they most likely aren't contributing for a couple seasons.
Reply/Quote
I was having Bengal Board withdrawal. I was worried someone raged over no Jones or Baun.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Lucas Niang is the top of my board with Lloyd Cushenberry and Matthew Peart next.

Man, if they can land Niang, with who they've already added...  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Had to turn off 700WLW. Mo Egger and Tony Pike acting straight chicken shit toward the Ravens and it's annoying as ****.

The Ravens are crushing this draft. Is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:29 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Board crashed I assume?

Bengal fans brought the house down!

Reply/Quote
The beat writers did mention in the lead up to the draft that the coaches didn't view OL as big of a need as fans and national media made it. They may seem content to build the OL on hope.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Damn, I thought we were down for the count tonight. Glad I tried one more time!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, if they can land Niang, with who they've already added...  Mellow

Lol I'm wincing with every pick at this point. 

That hip is a serious injury though Niang might be PuP guy but still...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As UK season ticket holder I'm very pleased to see Lynn Bowden go to the Raiders in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:34 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't get the ol appeal at this point.

First round,sure, we could've gotten an ol starter. That's about it. It's highly unlikely we would've gotten a starter outside the first, and definitely not the second. We pick up ol in the fourth, they most likely aren't contributing for a couple seasons.
Probably the fact that we are all still afraid of "Carr"ing JB9. But with our tendency to do rather well with our 4th round picks, seems like a gold spot to pick on. Get a RG (ala Boling as OG prospect) and let the best OL fly or grab more skills? Personally would go ADG and round out the LB crew with coverage capable players and see what we can do  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm going to bed, unless someone thinks we may trade up and pick again tonight..... Cool
Reply/Quote
I loved the Wilson pick. I think that kid is a faster Odell Thurman without the baggage
Reply/Quote
Where is Moss likely to go? 4th? 5th? I wouldn’t mind him.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The beat writers did mention in the lead up to the draft that the coaches didn't view OL as big of a need as fans and national media made it. They may seem content to build the OL on hope.

Insert meme of me kicking a can down the road here.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Baun was a plug in starter also but heard medical issues pushed him down.. Wilson seems like a solid pick.. fits what we need well

I suspect that the drug test issue weighed him down some; and seeing how far he fell it says multiple teams decided to pass on him not just us. Wilson was rated my multiple sources as both a plug in starter and either the best or tied for the best cover LB. Even better he is a true MIKE. 

So, I guess LB is Pratt, Wilson and Bynes?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to bed, unless someone thinks we may trade up and pick again tonight..... Cool

Your drunk already?

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Insert meme of me kicking a can down the road here.

It is what it is. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your drunk already?

Got up at 5am to work.... and I'm old.
Reply/Quote