Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-24-2020, 11:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just adding more bodies/prospects to our weakest position group should create competition which will make our current guys better and best case scenario we find a gem that beats out a vet.

Yeah, but this class, they likely aren't competing against anyone already rostered.

But that's not the case with wr and lb, which are deep and could create some competition. 

I get people aren't happy with the line as is, but honestly, outside of a couple picks in the first, it's a dart board for upgrading that position in this draft. We could've thrown 3-4 darts with hopes of finding one guy, or we could've used the depth available to address other spots of need.

I get the frustration some people have, but there's just not a lot of ol guys in this draft that are likely to make an impact on any team next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bill o brien thinking of drafting Fromm and trading Watson?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:06 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Someone will have to teach me how to put multi quotes in box..lol

Hit multi quote instead of reply/quote.

Reply/Quote
Bill Obrien was just saying potty words to somebody
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:07 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, but this class, they likely aren't competing against anyone already rostered.

But that's not the case with wr and lb, which are deep and could create some competition. 

I get people aren't happy with the line as is, but honestly, outside of a couple picks in the first, it's a dart board for upgrading that position in this draft. We could've thrown 3-4 darts with hopes of finding one guy, or we could've used the depth available to address other spots of need.

I get the frustration some people have, but there's just not a lot of ol guys in this draft that are likely to make an impact on any team next year.

To be fair I think they might still attempt some moves for veteran lineman. I think they were waiting to kick tires or possibly make trades after the draft I case they had linemen they wanted fall down to them
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:07 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Bill o brien thinking of drafting Fromm and trading Watson?

Looked like he was mad about something.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Did we draft Vigil again?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Respect old man! I'm 52, so Im up at 6. Earned privileges Hilarious

Where the hell did my perioid go? Oh my, it's up here?.......  Good Post

Cool  I'm drunk!

As my father said many many MANY TIMES.."Wait'll you get to be my age." Well, I did get to be his age many times over from the first time he said it, but I'll probably never get to his age when he died. (91)  .............
I was going somewhere with this, but I forgot what it was.. See what getting old does for ya? You can ramble on endlessly and nobody seems to mind..  Go to bed.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, if they can land Niang, with who they've already added...  Mellow

My Guess it will be Niang, Pert, or Bartch.  But they may go with IOL instead.  I am thinking about Trautman with Burrow and become giddy.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Looks like Goodell will be announcing picks while laying on the floor in his underwear pretty soon.
Reply/Quote
Are Matt Hennessey and Tyler Biadasz still on the board?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:10 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Did we draft Vigil again?

I don’t remember anyone talking Vigil up like they are with Wilson.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:09 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Looked like he was mad about something.

WHY DIDN'T YOU ******* BRING ME MY *** **** MAYONNAISE DOUGHNUT?!?!??!

-Bill O'Brien probably
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:11 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Looks like Goodell will be announcing picks while laying on the floor in his underwear pretty soon.

Bearskin rug in front of a fire like South Park probably predicted.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Are Matt Hennessey and Tyler Biadasz still on the board?

Biadasz is...
Reply/Quote
I celebrated this draft by baking potato bread for the first time in a long time . I'm not sharing though. It'd be kind of stale by the time I sent it to anyone. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:11 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Looks like Goodell will be announcing picks while laying on the floor in his underwear pretty soon.

I'm anticipating him having a breakdown tomorrow announcing 4 rounds.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think Goodell been hittin the sauce
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Another great pick for Ratbirds...
Reply/Quote
[Image: john-simpson-dabo.jpg]

We need this big mfer here. John Simpson Guard
Reply/Quote