Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(05-01-2021, 06:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: But why another edge?

and we had zero depth so we were signing people off the street to play in the next game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jay Morrison also had an interesting stat where Bullock was pretty bad, in kicker standards, in the 4th quarter. Basically said that he didn't have the clutch gene you want in a kicker.

Sheeeeeit. I've been saying that for years. Just ask Fred. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ultimately it looks pretty decent.

A big time playmaker at WR, restocking BOTH lines and the best PK in collegiate ball. With all these DL picks I have to think they are not giving Wren or Tupou a long leash at all and on OL that MJ is history (please)

We lost AJ, Erickson and Ross so only Chase fills one of those slots....Im hoping they bring in more speed to add to WR group.
The Drafting of 3 edge guys makes me wonder about Kareem. He didnt show me much last yr when he was playing  so maybe its restocking the pond and moving on from him. This Wyatt looks like a Clay Mathews type. 
Reply/Quote
Zac just said that they will be targeting some specific position groups in the UDFA group...my guess WR and TE

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: We lost AJ, Erickson and Ross so only Chase fills one of those slots....Im hoping they bring in more speed to add to WR group.
The Drafting of 3 edge guys makes me wonder about Kareem. He didnt show me much last yr when he was playing  so maybe its restocking the pond and moving on from him. This Wyatt looks like a Clay Mathews type. 

This made me think that they will keep one of the EDGE guys as a LB, on the roster, so that we can hold onto more Dline.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: We lost AJ, Erickson and Ross so only Chase fills one of those slots....Im hoping they bring in more speed to add to WR group.

I suspect they are looking at UFDA and possibly cuts to finish building out the WR room. The big thing is the 3 WR who will be starting in our 3 WR base set are right there. 
Reply/Quote
We monopolized the edge rushers so they couldn't sack Joe.
Reply/Quote
I’ve already made my order and am waiting lol
Reply/Quote
Now that it is all in the books I am pretty content.

Seriously, the Bengals have needed to do this type of draft for a while now (probably since 2016). They picked a couple of position groups (OL, DL) and approached them in an almost monomaniacal style. The PK was a nice gravy as well and Chase filled the need for a playmaker on offense on the outside.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:12 PM)Goalpost Wrote: We monopolized the edge rushers so they couldn't sack Joe.

That was funny
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Now that it is all in the books I am pretty content.

Seriously, the Bengals have needed to do this type of draft for a while now (probably since 2016). They picked a couple of position groups (OL, DL) and approached them in an almost monomaniacal style. The PK was a nice gravy as well and Chase filled the need for a playmaker on offense on the outside.

And they potentially found Gio's replacement as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The spin of the football and rotation of the earth come into play as well. Totally real unedited video.  Ninja

I would say it has more to do with the cap just sitting on top of the bottle and any kind of contact would spin it or knock it off. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Looks like we picked up a couple edge guys who would be undersized as 4-3 DEs and a massive NT. Definitely leaning into a more 3-4 and 3-3 base defense with these picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And they potentially found Gio's replacement as well.

I'm not sure he's the same running back but I was watching all or nothing I'm prime and that particular running back was pretty good if Chris Evans matches up to his athletic Ras  rating which was quite high he would be a steal
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm not sure he's the same running back but I was watching all or nothing I'm prime and that particular running back was pretty good if Chris Evans matches up to his athletic Ras  rating which was quite high he would be a steal

I meant as far as his pass pro and pass catching abilities.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 06:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: But why another edge?

Eh, we were the worst Edge team in the NFL last season Psych... Mellow
Reply/Quote

This is exactly what I thought when watching him. That would be insanely awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote

WRs are a dime a dozen, and not to mention that we could get a sleeper UDFA and that lots of solid vets are always surprising cuts.

Drafting so many edge guys makes me think that we'll be aggressive on defense, which I LOVE.

Keep the pass rushers fresh and say "give us two solid plays of going all-out and then you can come out and rest on third down."

I hope that's the plan!
Reply/Quote
I'm starting up the annual UDFA thread. So far we've grabbed a CB, P, and RB.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Draft over, thanks for the thread. It's cheap entertainment reading all the opinions!
Reply/Quote