Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
2 words for the Fields Family:

Window Treatments
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
CBS sports gives the Chase pick a B+. How the F is that only a B+?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2021-selections-grades-bengals-earn-a-b-for-taking-jamarr-chase-with-no-5-pick/?fbclid=IwAR1WR-34KzBPsQWlEmVo31zKlR5jDgH2CgLub4vfO_0ChbRgtJm8FyZVNP0
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:29 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Hilarious

Replaced Hart with Reiff, replaced Turner with Pollack, and have Spain and XSF coming back. Still got multiple rounds to draft interior linemen.

Yet you can't stop being butthurt that we didn't take an OT to play at OG.

A good player in one system doesn't equal a good player in our system.

A good coach can only polish a turd so much.

Remind me again - how many games did Spain and XSF play last season? You'll excuse me for not trusting the Hurt Business not being Hurt.

Stud receivers come out every draft. But this one has ChEmIsTrY wItH bUrRoW, as if that year apart won't have disrupted that or the fact that the line being garbage means they won't have time to make things happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tyler Boyd is heading into his age 27 season, and is a slowish 10-11 yard per catch receiver. I like him a ton, but he is not the type of player who will age gracefully. He probably has 3, maybe 4 years left.

Right now, they certainly have a top-5 WR group, though.

he's under contract for 3 more years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tyler Boyd is heading into his age 27 season, and is a slowish 10-11 yard per catch receiver. I like him a ton, but he is not the type of player who will age gracefully. He probably has 3, maybe 4 years left.

Why not?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:32 PM)Yogo Wrote: Bengals doing Bengals things.  At least we have a solid supporting cast for Brandon Al... er Joe Burrow.

[Image: img.jpg?width=980&quality=85]
Reply/Quote

I disagree I think those gritty ball catching hawks do age gracefully. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: CBS sports gives the Chase pick a B+. How the F is that only a B+?

That’s about right. I like the Chase pick but I don’t love it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: CBS sports gives the Chase pick a B+. How the F is that only a B+?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2021-selections-grades-bengals-earn-a-b-for-taking-jamarr-chase-with-no-5-pick/?fbclid=IwAR1WR-34KzBPsQWlEmVo31zKlR5jDgH2CgLub4vfO_0ChbRgtJm8FyZVNP0

Probably saw that huge scar on Burrow's knee. 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A good player in one system doesn't equal a good player in our system.

Remind me again - how many games did Spain and XSF play last season? You'll excuse me for not trusting the Hurt Business not being Hurt.

Stud receivers come out every draft. But this one has ChEmIsTrY wItH bUrRoW, as if that year apart won't have disrupted that or the fact that the line being garbage means they won't have time to make things happen.

We basically have the same system as LSU did in 2019. Relax everything will be ok!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A good player in one system doesn't equal a good player in our system.

And you're acting like there is no chance Sewell could get injured and miss the year as well. It's all a crapshoot.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:11 PM)bonesaw Wrote: we now have a
1OA QB
two 2nd round WR's
a 1st round WR
a 2nd round RB
and don't ever forget a 2nd round TE

Yeah, Burrow is such a scrub needing all these weapons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy with it. if Chase is anything close tot he player we think he is, then we have one of the most explosive receiving corps in the league. I hope we get a guard or tackle in 2. There should still be some nice ones available. They'll be a damn sight better than Mike Jordan or Alex Redmond, right? I mean, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:29 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Hilarious

Replaced Hart with Reiff, replaced Turner with Pollack, and have Spain and XSF coming back. Still got multiple rounds to draft interior linemen.

Yet you can't stop being butthurt that we didn't take an OT to play at OG.

I like Chase, but let’s not act like the guards and center aren’t very replaceable. Spain and XSF are backups on any decent line . As starters they’re bottom of the barrel. Starting both gives you the league’s worst guard tandem. Add a meh Hopkins into it and you have the league’s worst interior o-line, and Hopkins likely will be replaced by Price in the first couple weeks. The interior backups are all cut candidates.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
NFL's going to have to spring for Hotel rooms for the Mac Jones family..They're spending the night
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:31 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Can we please shut up with the negative comments! Go to sleep!!

SHUT YOUR QUESADILLA HOLE UNLESS YOU AGREE WITH ME
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Spain played well and at multiple spots. XSF once he got back was good too. Reiff is a big upgrade over Hart. Jonah has his first campaign behind him.

Do we need more? Of course. And we have six more picks to do it with. I still think we double dip on OL in 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We'll take one in 2 and possibly even in 3.  As I mentioned earlier, it was reported earlier today that Pollack attended every Pro Day with a tackle expected to go in the second or third round.

I’d be excited about that.

I feel for the sewell guys. I loved him, but remember they said tgey wanted a play maker. Chase is the play maker of this draft, but I long felt the depth at OL in this draft is much better than the WR depth.

I rationalized it and I get it. At the same time though they better get a slam dunk tackle or guard at 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:34 PM)pally Wrote: he's under contract for 3 more years

The post I quoted said best for a decade.

(04-29-2021, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why not?

How much can you afford to lose off 10-11 yards per catch? You don't have a step or two to afford to lose.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote