Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
What!?!? No mention of Parson's "character issue."..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:53 PM)Yogo Wrote: Which is why only 1 has been picked thus far?

Yup! 

Teams are going after the position groups that are not deep on the idea that they can go to the deep ones later - after the top players in the shallow ones are gone. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:49 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Why was Fields not in Cleveland?

Why is anyone IN Cleveland?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:53 PM)Yogo Wrote: Which is why only 1 has been picked thus far?

Just because a group is deep doesnt mean its top heavy. Last year was very top heavy but wasnt as talented in rounds 2 through 4.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Dallas might have the best LB corps in the league with this pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In all fairness, it's not a lazy take.  Burrow was on a record pace for getting hit last year and eventually got hurt.  We can't run the ball and our O-line talent is awful.

That being said, you can't convince me its an F when you get one of the 4 elite guys in the draft.
 But there's plenty of room for criticism when you don't address the biggest weakness on your team and you don't spend some serious cash to protect your franchise in FA>

And you really can't grade a draft until after 3 years or so...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:53 PM)samhain Wrote: What would it cost to trade up for Slater, I wonder?

Getting up to @ 15 would cost the 2nd and 3rd round picks this year and the 2nd round pick in 2022. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Mac Jones..... Thought he was the next Joe Burrow???
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I guess they will not be taking their option on Vanderesch...

Sean Lee just retired. Also, Cowboys fans seem to be disappointed in Jaylon Smith so Parsons will definitely be starting.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
You have to think we are trying to trade up and get Slater.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mac Jones..... Thought he was the next Joe Burrow???

He's going to NE...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What!?!? No mention of Parson's "character issue."..

Ofc not. He went to a league darling franchise. If we took him it’s all they would have talked about.

Reply/Quote
Once Mac Jones goes trade ups will be easier. Right now the QB desiring teams are seeing him fall and so are sitting pat.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer should consider Mac Jones.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we traded up and got Slater.... and he busted.

Wouldn't even be mad. Sometimes you gotta be ballsy and I've never in my lifetime seen the Bengals be THAT
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If Zim takes Mac Jones I actually think it possible we trade back up with the Pats.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You.can always create Penei Sewell for the Bengals when the new Madden.comes out. 

Cool, spam content.  That's reportable. Thanks, Bud.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Chargers pick is in....Slater or Darrisaw?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
CHargers are going LT, no doubt and no secret...
Reply/Quote
Slater will go here then Vera Tucker to Minny. Should be another run on the back end of the first of Jenkins/ Darrishaw/Cosmi/ and maybe Humphrey/Radunz. We will have a shot still tomorrow at about 6 solid offensive linemen.
Reply/Quote