Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
Perfectly sensible pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like Mac's walk. NE waited and got their QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Bleh, can't the Patriots just languish in QB hell and losing seasons a little longer?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:08 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Signing Reiff is far from sitting on your hands in FA. I understand you weren't thinking when you posted, but he called you out on it.

PFF 

Rieff - last year 71
Hart - last year 66

It's an upgrade, and hopefully Reiff plays better than he did last year.

But, yes, signing a RT and cutting your starter while ignoring 3 other spots is indeed sitting on your hands.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should have taken Sewell at 5..Case at 38...lots of O Line help later
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bleh, can't the Patriots just languish in QB hell and losing seasons a little longer?

Steelers fans sure were hoping for that.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: None of those guys had anything to do with the Joe's knee, so maybe we're okay there?

Joe's knee was one play.  I'm talking about he record number of hits he took and the fact we can't run the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well by that thought why didn’t they keep Darnold and draft Sewell?

Because they had a NEED at QB and already had Mechi Bechton from last year who worked out to be the best OL from last years draft, so they got a good G to protect their new acquisition maybe!?!
Reply/Quote
We got a big time weapon and now I hope we go lineman from here on out.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: PFF 

Rieff - last year 71
Hart - last year 66

It's an upgrade, and hopefully Reiff plays better than he did last year.

But, yes, signing a RT and cutting your starter while ignoring 3 other spots is indeed sitting on your hands.

So how exactly does signing a Left Tackle fix any of those 3 spots?
Reply/Quote
like Wyatt Davis round 2
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bleh, can't the Patriots just languish in QB hell and losing seasons a little longer?

They will.

Bill still only has two non Brady post seasons, one with a super stacked NE team that had just gone 18-1, and one with Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:18 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We got a big time weapon and now I hope we go lineman from here on out.

I hope that as well, but how long can Mike Brown go in a draft without drafting an injured corner?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:18 PM)Yogo Wrote: Because they had a NEED at QB and already had Mechi Bechton from last year who worked out to be the best OL from last years draft, so they got a good G to protect their new acquisition maybe!?!

But but but.... if they got THE BEST OL last year, why wasn’t their problems solved??? I mean that’s what I kept hearing about Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope that as well, but how long can Mike Brown go in a draft without drafting an injured corner?

Caleb Farley in the second it is!
Reply/Quote
Good. Thought he might go to the Steelers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Joe's knee was one play.  I'm talking about he record number of hits he took and the fact we can't run the ball.

A couple big parts of the lack of run game was design and interior line. There are still alot of interior offensive linemen on the board. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They will.

Bill still only has two non Brady post seasons, one with a super stacked NE team that had just gone 18-1, and one with Cleveland.

They went 11-5 but no post season after the 18-1 season.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: But but but.... if they got THE BEST OL last year, why wasn’t their problems solved??? I mean that’s what I kept hearing about Sewell.

Because they know that the best way to support your young QB is in the trenches maybe!?!
Reply/Quote
Unless there's a run on edge; that's going to be hard to pass on at38
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote