Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-30-2021, 01:14 AM)Synric Wrote: Some people have been saying Boundary Receivers would dry up quickly for a couple weeks (ME! LoL). I'm actually not surprised Teven Jenkins slid out of the first.

With OL as stacked as it was, someone was going to fall out of 1.

I think Barmore is going to be a big temptation for the Bengals, though.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our defense is going to be terrible next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:14 AM)Synric Wrote: Some people have been saying Boundary Receivers would dry up quickly for a couple weeks (ME! LoL). I'm actually not surprised Teven Jenkins slid out of the first.

Yup. That's why i was leaning WR 1st then line, even though my preference would be line first. It just doesn't make sense to me to allow need to dictate a top 10 pick.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have been an Eichenburg guy since before the college season and would run up with the pick at 38 for him. You can then come back around in the 3rd for guard or center and feel really good about your situation.
Reply/Quote
If Tevin Jenkins gets picked before 38 I think Liam Eichenberg is a helluva consolation prize. He may not have the longest arms but he is very strong (33 reps) and had some numbers that highlighted how athletic he is as well:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-nfl-draft-liam-eichenberg-answers-questions
Quote:Eichenberg posted a 4.57 in the 20-yard shuttle and a 7.53 in the 3-cone drill, and those numbers put him excellent shape when you compare them to first round picks from the last five years. Eichenberg's 33 reps on the bench press is better than any first round offensive tackle from the last five years.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have been an Eichenburg guy since before the college season and would run up with the pick at 38 for him. You can then come back around in the 3rd for guard or center and feel really good about your situation.

Do you see Cleveland making it to 3?  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have been an Eichenburg guy since before the college season and would run up with the pick at 38 for him. You can then come back around in the 3rd for guard or center and feel really good about your situation.

We are on the same page you and I!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: Do you see Cleveland making it to 3?  

Cleveland or Carman with a long shot at Davis at 69.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

He’s who I want at 38. I know we will hear nonstop talk about his arm length though if we have him and Jonah as our OT’s.

Reply/Quote
Does it not worry anyone that Wyatt Davis played behind Michael Jordan for two years? Can Buckeyes fans chime in here and let me know if he is a significantly better pro prospect than Jordan?
Reply/Quote
At least we didn't take a BYU, NDSU, Bama, or trade up to take an OSU QB in round 1. This FO is soooooo predictable. Could be a reason it's 0-30 years regarding playoffs. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:31 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Does it not worry anyone that Wyatt Davis played behind Michael Jordan for two years? Can Buckeyes fans chime in here and let me know if he is a significantly better pro prospect than Jordan?

Eh, Burrow sat behind JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins...

Coaches make mistakes just like everyone.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Jaguars drafted one of Trevor's teammates, so I guess they're taking a page out of our book.

If they're taking pages out of our book, that explains their loser mentality since Coughlin left. (Save that fluke season with Bort Bottles) LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I don't like the pick, but Chase is objectively a very very good player. I couldn't give it less than a B. I hate the fact that the Bengals aren't going all-in on protecting Burrow, but regardless of Chase or Pitts, both will likely be real gold productive players.

I'm at B-, but yeah. Hope it works out for em.... we'll see tomorrow. If they don't get top tier Oline talent then, I'm dropping the draft grade to a D+.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rich Eisen just said they’ll have to delete that tweet lol.

They said the same shit with Haskins. That worked well. It's OSU, with Urban Meyer's system to boot. I don't have much faith Fields will be that good. Kinda shocked the Pats took Mac Jones too. This ain't playing on a stacked team against teams with 1-4 players on your rosters' level.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, Burrow is such a scrub needing all these weapons.

Seems awfully familiar..... Hmm

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: The debate is over. The Bengals took the BPA...and exactly the guy they should have taken in rd 1.

Saying the Bengals do ANYTHING right is hardly settling ANY debate lmfao.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Can't speak for others, but I haven't underestimated anything about our moves.  I like the Reif signing, and I like Spain and XSF.  I like bringing Pollack back.  But Jonah hasn't passed the eye test for me, and it all starts with protecting the blind side.  4 games out of the season will feature TJ Watt and Miles Garrett on the blind side, and I don't see Williams holding up against that.  Sewell looked to be the kind of guy that could shut that shit down.  Think back to drafting Levi Jones.  Joey Porter was unstoppable when he would play against us.  Jones stepped in and shut Porter down from day one.  That's what needs to happen to get us back into regularly winning games.

*Jerry* Porter....

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:13 PM)Cicero Wrote: Yeah cuz no NFL caliber offensive lineman has ever been taken after round 1. 

Right ...and no NFL caliber WR has DEFINITELY  ever been taken after round 1. Oh.....wait.....

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right ...and no NFL caliber WR has DEFINITELY  ever been taken after round 1. Oh.....wait.....

I did a huge post on the starting linemen and WR for each team and to be honest LT (in particular) was an overwhelmingly 1st round heavy position. Lots of 1st rounders at RT too, but a lot of them were 1-4. It was C where you can find a good player almost anywhere.
Reply/Quote