Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-30-2021, 09:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Don't know much about the Carmen kid other than he's local.  But when I hear Andre Smith I'm thinking titties.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Big ole boobas!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: You're aware Marshall had medical flags crop up in his physical, right?

Huge slide for Marshall, as expected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Some people have him at 6'5, 345.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How do these rumors get out? I see zero advantage to the team for this being reported.

I believe Joe Goodberry was the one who just started mentioning that the Bengals were interested in Carman. I know he's mentioned that he still has sources/connections within the team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Back to back years where we draft LSU in first and Clemson in 2nd!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Everyone is a GM jeeeeez. I'm putting trust in Pollack. This is HIS pick. If the trade down upsets you, you're dumb. Jackson was the pick regardless. With this being such a deep OL class, expect maybe 2 more in 3 and 4.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For what it's worth, NFL.com thinks Carman is a "good back up who could become a starter" in the NFL, 86th overall prospect:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jackson-carman/32004341-5219-8645-d8f8-13f7e39c03a5

His big pros seem to be good awareness, size, strength, agile for his size. Big cons seem to be lunges, struggles with speed, may be immature (weight issues, accountability problems)

Sounds kind of like Andre Smith, to be honest. Which would be a great pick in the 2nd if he has a similar career.

Except for not being in the talks of going #1 overall...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm feeling good about this draft so far guys but, if I'm being perfectly honest, I think I would have taken Sewell + Marshall over Chase + Carman.

With that said, the fact that Marshall still hasn't been selected tells me there may be problems with him as well. So you really never know how teams truly feel about these guys.

It's Chase, Carman and 2 4th rounders though..so we'll have to see what they do with those as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Back to back years where we draft LSU in first and Clemson in 2nd!

Worked well last year. Hope we can duplicate this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pollock likes his feet he said “nimble” thinks he has the ability to play tackle in the future. Everyone here who likes Pollock, you either trust him or you don’t.

I'm rarely ever surprised by Arm Length measurements but Carmans was one I didnt think they were very long but he has such excellent timing with his punch it makes him look longer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Only thing that we know for sure, Jenkins, Eichenberg, and Little will all become multi-year All-Pros.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: New Bengals draft manual:

1st Round - LSU
2nd Round - Clemson

Didn't even think about that till now thanks Billy lol

(04-30-2021, 09:24 PM)TheFan Wrote: Most of the people having a problem have probably never seen the kid take a snap in their lives. 

Probably, dude is exactly what we need and they complain. I did want Creed but Pollack must think Hop is ready to go.

(04-30-2021, 09:24 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I remember him handling Chase Young well in the 2019 matchup

Nah, never happened kid is a punk. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:26 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm good with him as a guard.  Do I want him dealing with speed rushers on the edge?  No.  As a guard with maybe some potential to play tackle in time, I'm happy.

I wonder how much of his shitty evals can be attributed to his limitations as a tackle.  I think a lot of the concerns are moot when you move him inside, which is exactly what everyone and their brother has been saying to do with him since the draft process started.

I’ll throw this out, he started for one of the best teams in the country potentially protecting the best player in the country. Clemson is not short on 5star players they could have put in to replace him, so he definitely wasn’t as bad as some act like. I think at times he got lackadaisical like other guys on that team but he has a lot of talent, and he definitely has more upside inside at guard in the short run.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pollock likes his feet he said “nimble” thinks he has the ability to play tackle in the future. Everyone here who likes Pollock, you either trust him or you don’t.

Have to say I do trust him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree, Carman is about as good of a Guard as you could get in this class that can also play Tackle.

Road grading run blocker, cannot believe people are hating on this pick, but eh. No surprise with some.

Also traded back and added a pick. Great job. Rock On
I remember watching many Clemsons games saying I'm glad he didn't come to Ohio State because he wasn't impressive to me.  I think he can start eventually but I dont think he'll start this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's Chase, Carman and 2 4th rounders though..so we'll have to see what they do with those as well.

Carman is going to be good at guard. I like the bonus too
Reply/Quote
God I can't wait for the Zac Failure experiment to be over with. Two second round reaches in 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm rarely ever surprised by Arm Length measurements but Carmans was one I didnt think they were very long but he has such excellent timing with his punch it makes him look longer.

You aren’t suckering me into an arm length debate today! ?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Except for not being in the talks of going #1 overall...

K?
Reply/Quote
Bengals are a joke what a stupid pick.
Reply/Quote