Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
Has Nixon not gone yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He may have got a sack against Jenkins, but I've watch those 2 teams play every single year for a looooong time and I would bet money Jenkins bested him most of the time. Not taking away from Ossai because he's a beast. But so is Jenkins. Jenkins doesnt play the way he looks with those glasses thats for sure. 

He had 3 sacks and 6 TFL against Teven Jenkins in 2020. It was his best game of the year in 2020 and a huge reason he was getting high second round hype this offseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He may have got a sack against Jenkins, but I've watch those 2 teams play every single year for a looooong time and I would bet money Jenkins bested him most of the time. Not taking away from Ossai because he's a beast. But so is Jenkins. Jenkins doesnt play the way he looks with those glasses thats for sure. 

If the OL didn't get the best of the DL most of the time there would be a sack like every play. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has Nixon not gone yet?

Good question, love Nixon DT out of Iowa badazz.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has Nixon not gone yet?

To my knowledge, Nixon passed away in 1994.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This Carolina TE Tommy Tremble from ND in the third round is what Sample is?
Reply/Quote
We could package 111 with one of the 4ths from NE to move up into the 90’s. I’ll be keeping an eye out around then to see if we move up
Reply/Quote
Did Stone Forsythe get drafted yet?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:37 PM)Yogo Wrote: This Carolina TE Tommy Tremble from ND in the third round is what Sample is?

A reach in the 3rd.

Good prospect for 4-5th rd
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For me:

1) Chase = B.

Legit talent. #1 WR was a need. OL was/is the bigger need. Wrong priorities. Again.

2) Trade down then Carman = D.

Getting two 4ths saves it from an F. Guy has size but lacks. top end athleticism AND has poor technique AND we are moving him to G. Passed on first round OT talent AND passed on top tier IOL guys sans Dickerson. This feels mire Drew Sample than Bates or Mixon or Boyd.

3) Ossai = B+.

Good value pick here. Has some positional versatility. Need at the spot. Good pick.

Rd 1: Expected. A tad disappointing in terms of priorities. But Chase is electric and that is exciting.

Rd 2: WTF. I don't anticipate 2 4ths amount to much. I'd like to see us move up into Rd 3. Meinerz still out there?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A reach in the 3rd.

Good prospect for 4-5th rd

Would have gladly taken him in the 4th (even more so since they have three 4ths) as a FB that teams have to at least semi-respect as a pass catcher.

I have been banging on the FB drum for years and years on a very lonely hill. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So why the slide on Brevin Jordan?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Trying to look at the glass half full there may be something the limited scouting the teams had. With extra bullets in the clip in the fourth round we may end up with a couple steals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Did Stone Forsythe get drafted yet?

Not yet
Reply/Quote
Where's Jpoore?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn it... Zimmer he took both my top wide zone offensive linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Where's Jpoore?

Poor Jpoore. Davis making it to mid 3rd when he guaranteed earlier in the process he would be a locked in top 15 pick
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:44 PM)phil413 Wrote: Trying to look at the glass half full there may be something the limited scouting the teams had. With extra bullets in the clip in the fourth round we may end up with a couple steals.

*magazine

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Unless you were talking about a rifle from WWII... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So why the slide on Brevin Jordan?

B/c he’s undersized, only 6’2”. All other tes taken are much taller. 
Reply/Quote
Ofc Pittsburgh has the most annoying people announcing their picks.

Reply/Quote