Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
Building in the trenches.

Love it.

We need to take an offensive lineman next pick, but I'm liking that we're building a pass rush.

That's how the Giants beat the undefeated Pats: pass rush.

We just gotta hope Lou attacks and finds creative ways to bring the rushers.
Reply/Quote
Like this Falcons pick.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
You can't just pick oline to pick oline. The value needs to be there. The last two picks at edge were great value and I'd rather stick to value to be honest. At some point G/C will have value when we pick (lots of picks left)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How is Brevin Jordan still on the board at this point?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wanted Hudson but Cleveland took him. Hoping for Trey Smith thought he would be gone by now
Reply/Quote
Sample looks pretty lean/athletic for 6’3 280.
I wonder if he could put on 10 LBs or so and play inside?
Reply/Quote
The positivity around here is such a breath of fresh air....jeesh!
The supposed consensus top WR, a T that was ecstatic to be a Bengal, two edge rushers with high octane engines; yet the bitching continues.
They're doing just fine so far, plus the trade back was great! Gonna make hay here in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not being negative, just being honest. This was after the Carman pick was made.

So might not see much else for the line.

Might being the key word.

Let's hope he was just throwing up a smoke screen.  Doubtful under Mike Brown, but who knows if Taylor is smart enough to do it.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Sample looks pretty lean/athletic for 6’3 280.
I wonder if he could put on 10 LBs or so and play inside?

He's a 3T; think Michael Bennett from the legion of Boom!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Do you know what they are? I had not heard of anything like that.

'Nixon’s reported transgressions include a “dorm-room incident” in the summer of 2018, even though he was not found liable for any wrongdoing. Regardless, several teams have either removed him from their board or expressed moderate to severe concerns with him'.
Reply/Quote
Arthur Blank comes off like a slimeball. Heard he's a great guy from Atl fans but I get a bad vibe from him
Reply/Quote
Are they switching Burrow to Safety ??
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Gainwell, RB, Memphis make it to our next pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is Brevin Jordan still on the board at this point?

Brevin's interview about how much he loved The U, rubbed me the wrong way
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'Nixon’s reported transgressions include a “dorm-room incident” in the summer of 2018, even though he was not found liable for any wrongdoing. Regardless, several teams have either removed him from their board or expressed moderate to severe concerns with him'.

He sounds like a perfect Mike Brown redemption project — and now he’s Jerry Jones’ problem.
Reply/Quote
another Lb for the Cowboys.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The positivity around here is such a breath of fresh air....jeesh!
The supposed consensus top WR, a T that was ecstatic to be a Bengal, two edge rushers with high octane engines; yet the bitching continues.
They're doing just fine so far, plus the trade back was great! Gonna make hay here in the 4th.

I think that when the third day rolls around you get a lot less people coming in who have less draft interest and more of the draftheads sticking around, so that may explain it. I had to stay away for most of the first two days. lol. 

At this point, we need guys who can play, regardless of position. Sample is a good start for today. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The positivity around here is such a breath of fresh air....jeesh!

Yes the draft is always a crap shoot and no one really knows how these guys will do in the NFL. I don’t get the hate for kids when we don’t know what they might become. I get some people being upset if the team really reaches (like with Drew Sample) but why not root for these guys to succeed and help your team? No sense getting mad because they are not picking OL. Maybe they don’t have that high of grades on the O linemen left on the board.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He sounds like a perfect Mike Brown redemption project — and now he’s Jerry Jones’ problem.

He hasn’t been picked yet...

Reply/Quote
I think Dallas wanted to address their D
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote