Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-18-2021, 10:44 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe.  I initially thought we had no chance when this started, but if it comes down to bidding, the other two interested teams are dead to rights.  That is, if the family is actually motivated to get him to sign here.  

I'm used to being very disappointed by this team, but the Golla-Dey campaign and their recent desire to endear themselves to the fans has me thinking they might actually make a serious effort here.  Maybe they offer him 14 or 15 when the others offer 10 or 12.  Tomorrow will be very telling.

The Bears over the salary cap and likely out of the running at this point.  Robinson blinked when they brought in Golladay and signed his FT before they could sign Golladay for cheaper and pull the tag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Bloody hell (not Reiff related!)

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(03-18-2021, 11:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: C'mon, man, Mikey is too savvy to fall for that sauce BS.  He asks for extra sauce after he's already paid because he knows the schlubb working the register DGAF will just give it to him instead of holding up the drive through and going through the hassle of ringing him up for an extra sauce.

Sly like a fox.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-18-2021, 11:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bloody hell (not Reiff related!)

That’s the same account that said we signed Reiff like 8+ hours ago. Dont believe it.
Reiff-er Madness!

If we get Reiff, we are much more flexible come draft day. Sewell could be gone by 5. Pitts/Chase/trade back become real options. If Sewell is still there & we take him, then someone has to move to guard. Maybe two someones.

Remember, guard was a bigger problem than tackle. Williams, Hart, and Hopkins were our top 3 rated lineman.
(03-18-2021, 11:18 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: That’s the same account that said we signed Reiff like 8+ hours ago. Dont believe it.

I think he is more reliable than what people think.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-18-2021, 11:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he is more reliable than what people think.  

Then why has nobody else reported we signed Reiff yet he said we did like 8hours ago? If so it would have been reported by others as well long ago no?
(03-18-2021, 11:18 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: That’s the same account that said we signed Reiff like 8+ hours ago. Dont believe it.

This make you feel better?

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-18-2021, 11:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This make you feel better?

NO , I want to see that about Reiff lol

Not even a little bit.

Now someone supporting the Reif to Cincy report would. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

So they both follow Kim Jones? Lol 
(03-18-2021, 11:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sly like a fox.

He's a total master.  Old dude rolls up to the window in a '92 Chevy Lumina and comes with "Oh, I'm sorry young man, I forgot to ask for an extra packet of BBQ Sauce..." after he's been rung out.  Total grifter.
(03-18-2021, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not even a little bit.

Now someone supporting the Reif to Cincy report would. 

He's actually pretty reliable...
With Andrews resingning with the pats are we now officially in the retread portion of iol? Retooling that sieve the call a line should have been priority one. Reiff, if signed will help but doesn't really the inside much. They just refuse to buckle in their stance.
(03-18-2021, 11:33 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: With Andrews resingning with the pats are we now officially in the retread portion of iol? Retooling that sieve the call a line should have been priority one. Reiff, if signed will help but doesn't really the inside much. They just refuse to buckle in their stance.

Thats why im wondering if they sign Reiff do they draft Sewell and move Williams to guard?
(03-18-2021, 11:33 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: With Andrews resingning with the pats are we now officially in the retread portion of iol?  Retooling that sieve the call a line should have been priority one.  Reiff, if signed will help but doesn't really the inside much.  They just refuse to buckle in their stance.

Well, Hart could move inside. He's a better run blocker. Borderline elite run blocker for an OT. Though run blocking vs DTs rather than DEs is tougher sledding. Though pass blocking gets easier.

And if we draft Sewell, Jonah would move inside. Slater could go OT or OG.
(03-18-2021, 11:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Thats why im wondering if they sign Reiff do they draft Sewell and move Williams to guard?

Penei Sewell has a very limited amount of college starts so starting him out at guard could help his development. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-18-2021, 11:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Thats why im wondering if they sign Reiff do they draft Sewell and move Williams to guard?

Possibly.  But they've spent all off season saying he was the left tackle.  We assume he can play guard, what if he bombs there?  What if he doesn't want to play there? Does that shake his confidence any?
(03-18-2021, 11:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, Hart could move inside. He's a better run blocker. Borderline elite run blocker for an OT. Though run blocking vs DTs rather than DEs is tougher sledding. Though pass blocking gets easier.

He's a better run than pass blocker...but how do you figure he's borderline elite?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-18-2021, 11:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, Hart could move inside. He's a better run blocker. Borderline elite run blocker for an OT. Though run blocking vs DTs rather than DEs is tougher sledding. Though pass blocking gets easier.

All possibilities.  But we are going to make last years starting tackles our new starting guards if we get Sewell and sign reiff?  That's a hole lot of shuffling for a unit that needs to be cohesive.

Does the signing of fuller have Miami eyeing Sewell even more now?