Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-19-2021, 10:51 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Was I supposed to be excited because honestly I’m just relieved at this point.

I am both relieved and excited because it's such a huge need
(03-19-2021, 10:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Guess it took Steak and Beer with Burrow to get the job done. 

Well i guess on a positive the Bengals just found their LT for the next couple of years and potentially few years depending on the length of the contract.   

I think this pushes Williams to RT, then Pollack will throw Bobby Hart next to him for some veteran experience on the right side.  

This at least gives you the flexibility to draft the best player available or even go after Chase/Pitts instead of saying you NEED OL  with the first pick.  It's never good when you're drafting to have a rookie start on the OL. 
(03-17-2021, 05:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's pretty much nothing they can do now. They've already failed Burrow for the second year in a row. Putting 20 year old rookies in front of him isn't likely going to be an answer.

I too think with the ease in which QB's can get out, he'll likely be done here by year 3.

Hilarious LMAO
(03-19-2021, 11:02 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Well i guess on a positive the Bengals just found their LT for the next couple of years and potentially few years depending on the length of the contract.   

I think this pushes Williams to RT, then Pollack will throw Bobby Hart next to him for some veteran experience on the right side.  

This at least gives you the flexibility to draft the best player available or even go after Chase/Pitts instead of saying you NEED OL  with the first pick.  It's never good when you're drafting to have a rookie start on the OL. 

I think Sewell is the pick if he’s there but it’s not the end of the world or reach for the next best guy if he’s gone.

On a TE note if we got Pitts does anyone else agree that Sample is not a bad second tight end to be honest. He’s a good blocker and has some okay enough catching skills.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2021, 11:02 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Well i guess on a positive the Bengals just found their LT for the next couple of years and potentially few years depending on the length of the contract.   

Jonah's going nowhere.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Bring on.Kyle Pitts!!
Man, doing stuff sure beats not doing stuff.
Call off the mob - now everyone can put down their torches and pitchforks.

Bengals are having a good FA. If they land a WR then it could be great.
(03-19-2021, 10:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Andrews returns to Patriots. Center market officially dry. Bengals will have to look to draft.

At this point the top 4 picks will be on the Oline.

I wouldn't have any problem with that at all.
OT
G
C or G
G or C
This year's 4th rounder is a lot like a late 3rd round pick

A lot of people aren't going to agree with me on this but they solved their LB problems with last years draft. Pratt slowly improved from his rookie year and by the end of the season, he was pretty solid in coverage. 3rd down catches by TEs and RBs killed Cincy for years, not so much last year. Give last year's Rookies the same time frame as Pratt without having to look over their shoulder and they may be set at LB for years. Let the back end of your roster improve at their own speed and don't force them into areas they're not ready for yet.

Spend this years draft solving your O-line issue and then no need to spend draft capitol on the O-line in the next couple of drafts. When the Steelers lost Kevin Greene to Carolina in 1996, they drafted a DE and 3 OLB and fixed their new trouble area.
2nd Steve Conley 3 year career
4th Earl Holmes 10 years
5th Israel Raybon DE 2 years
7th Carlos Emmons 11 years

The way that they are going mostly defense in FA, expect them to go offense heavy with this draft to grow with their young QB. Lots of O-line competition and WR/TE competition in camp. RB is already deep. We might see a late round QB to compete with Allen.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(03-19-2021, 11:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think Sewell is the pick if he’s there but it’s not the end of the world or reach for the next best guy if he’s gone.

On a TE note if we got Pitts does anyone else agree that Sample is not a bad second tight end to be honest. He’s a good blocker and has some okay enough catching skills.

I dont think he'd be a bad second tight end but you don't draft your second tight end with the 52nd pick in the 2nd round of the draft.  

I think as long as he's on this roster he'll be consider a failure because more is expected of a 2nd round draft pick now days.  

If Sample was drafted in the 4th round then I think what he's giving is good enough, but it's not enough for where he was drafted. 
(03-19-2021, 11:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jonah's going nowhere.

Oh he's staying on the team, he's just changing positions lol  

Reiff has played LT in the NFL since 2013, and evidently is a quality OL.  

However, Jonah Williams has played 10 games out of 26 and he's automatically your starting LT?  Yea if he starts at LT this organization is more ass backwards than I thought.  

Jonah is young enough you move him to RT.  Protect both sides.  Why move a guy who's played LT for 7 years at a high level to an unfamiliar position?  If i remember right Jonah played RT in college which was 2 years ago.  
(03-19-2021, 10:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Guess it took Steak and Beer with Burrow to get the job done. 

Or he got tired of being tied up in the closet LOL.

Glad he's signed!! Time to the next!
(03-19-2021, 11:17 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Oh he's staying on the team, he's just changing positions lol  

However, Jonah Williams has played 10 games out of 26 and he's automatically your starting LT?  Yea if he starts at LT this organization is more ass backwards than I thought.  

Jonah is young enough you move him to RT.  Protect both sides.  Why move a guy who's played LT for 7 years at a high level to an unfamiliar position?  If i remember right Jonah played RT in college which was 2 years ago.  

Reiff did start 14 games for Detroit at RT in 2016 when Detroit drafted Taylor Decker at LT
(03-19-2021, 11:24 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Reiff did start 14 games for Detroit at RT in 2016 when Detroit drafted Taylor Decker at LT

I think once we see the contract details that'll tell you what position he's playing.  

If it's for lower end he'll be playing right tackle and if its on the higher end he's playing LT.  

That's unfortunately how this organization pays its OL. 
(03-19-2021, 11:27 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I think once we see the contract details that'll tell you what position he's playing.  

If it's for lower end he'll be playing right tackle and if its on the higher end he's playing LT.  

That's unfortunately how this organization pays its OL. 

I agree. All the Jonah is the LT talk, lets see if that was all smoke now with Reiff 
(03-19-2021, 11:17 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Oh he's staying on the team, he's just changing positions lol  

I know he's going nowhere, but I mean he's staying at LT.

He a very good LT and improved as the year went on; you don't move him.

Not ass-backwards at all.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
My hopes:

Reiff is awesome
Jonah stays healthy (I bet he's a team guy and will play wherever asked/told)
Draft Sewell

He started RT for Alabama his freshman year. His Sophmore year he started as RT and moved to LT. Junior year he played LT. So even though his college career was not all RT, he is capable of playing both at a high level.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

Jonah Williams is the Bengal's Left Tackle of the future you continue to let him develop in that spot until proves he can't do it or leaves in Free Agency. They are not going to move Jonah Williams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-19-2021, 11:33 AM)Synric Wrote: Jonah Williams is the Bengal's Left Tackle of the future you continue to let him develop in that spot until proves he can't do it or leaves in Free Agency. They are not going to move Jonah Williams.

So you think they start Sewell at G (if he’s the pick) until Reiff is gone?