Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-19-2021, 02:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, I wonder what makes him think he's worth 18 mil a year? That's Tyreek Hill money.

thats what we paid AJ for far less production last season.......   So maybe thats the market.
(03-19-2021, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats what we paid AJ for far less production last season.......   So maybe thats the market.

I'd rather have Sammy Watkins for less.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2021, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats what we paid AJ for far less production last season.......   So maybe thats the market.

So Far the highest paid WR was Corey Davis with 3yr 37.5 mil. 

JuJu resigns for 1yr 8M.  

Teams do NOT View any of these guys as True WR1s at that 18m price...Esp with these reduced cap
Raven's offered JuJu 1 year 13m.

That's likely the offer Golladay will get from them. So he is going to be expensive if the Bengals can pull it off. Probably why we see the cap being cleared.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Players say it's not about the money. JuJu Smith-Schuster proved it, taking less from the #Steelers to stay home. He takes 1 year, $8M from Pittsburgh over a 1-year, $13M offer from the rival #Ravens.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-19-2021, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Raven's offered JuJu 1 year 13m.

That's likely the offer Golladay will get from them. So he is going to be expensive if the Bengals can pull it off. Probably why we see the cap being cleared.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Players say it's not about the money. JuJu Smith-Schuster proved it, taking less from the #Steelers to stay home. He takes 1 year, $8M from Pittsburgh over a 1-year, $13M offer from the rival #Ravens.

Yeah, I can see 13m.... Noway 18. Even at 13m for a rental?  Nervous
I'd give Galloday $18M right now to come here....

For a two year contract. Ninja

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

(03-19-2021, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Raven's offered JuJu 1 year 13m.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Juju knows he can take 1 year for 8 mill and have a better season with the Steelers that can turn into more money down the line, than play with Lamar for 1 year for more money and put up small numbers because ravens like to run the ball and throw short to tight ends
Jason La Canfora says Ravens will not be a player for Golladay, who is currently still in NY.
(03-19-2021, 02:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jason La Canfora says Ravens will not be a player for Golladay. 

I can see the Bengals pass heavy offense signing GollaDEY at 14 or 15m 1 year deal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Bengals traded Finley to the Texans. No word on compensation yet.
All this Golladay stuff seems like agent is trying get offers up. Hes obvi not happy with giants multi year offer and probably doesnt want to take a prove it deal. Leaking ravens are interested and starting to leak potentially eagles could be coming in. It reeks of agent manipulation to try and get giants and bengals to lay more cash down. Our 1 year offer is probably the most appealing right now and he wants to get us and others to lay down more cash.

And i dont believe for 1 second the ravens offered juju 13 mil for one season. That just sounds like juju taking the best offer of 8 million with his tail tucked between his legs trying to act like he took less to come back.
(03-19-2021, 02:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jason La Canfora says Ravens will not be a player for Golladay. 

Shiiiiiiiiiiet at 18per I don't blame them....

I said this in another thread, I would be happy with a Bateman or Marshall @38 if we don't sign a FA WR esp for the amount of Golladay wants
(03-19-2021, 02:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals traded Finley to the Texans. No word on compensation yet.

It's a pick swap Bengals 7th for Texas 6th move up 30 spots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-19-2021, 02:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals traded Finley to the Texans. No word on compensation yet.

Using some analytics, according to PFF, TY Hilton was the 13th best WR last season in the 10-19 yard range. Burrow was 21% more accurate in the 10-19 yard range than the league average. Hilton might be a good fit for Burrow in this offense.
(03-19-2021, 02:55 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: All this Golladay stuff seems like agent is trying get offers up. Hes obvi not happy with giants multi year offer and probably doesnt want to take a prove it deal. Leaking ravens are interested and starting to leak potentially eagles could be coming in. It reeks of agent manipulation to try and get giants and bengals to lay more cash down. Our 1 year offer is probably the most appealing right now and he wants to get us and others to lay down more cash.

And i dont believe for 1 second the ravens offered juju 13 mil for one season. That just sounds like juju taking the best offer of 8 million with his tail tucked between his legs trying to act like he took less to come back.

That’s what agents get paid to do.
(03-19-2021, 02:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s what agents get paid to do.

No doubt and its usually a great practice.  Until you get to day 5 of free agency and your client is looking at you side eyed right now.
(03-19-2021, 02:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jason La Canfora says Ravens will not be a player for Golladay, who is currently still in NY.

Considering his statement about Lawson, that means that Golladay is still VERY much in-play for the Ravens.

(03-19-2021, 02:56 PM)Synric Wrote: It's a pick swap Bengals 7th for Texas 6th move up 30 spots.

If nothing changes from now until then, our draft is:

1 1st
1 2nd
1 3rd
1 4th
1 5th
2 6ths
1 7th

Correct?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(03-19-2021, 02:56 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Using some analytics, according to PFF, TY Hilton was the 13th best WR last season in the 10-19 yard range. Burrow was 21% more accurate in the 10-19 yard range than the league average. Hilton might be a good fit for Burrow in this offense.

I agree -- I think Hilton would be a very good fit.  Rely on Higgins and Boyd to carry the load, let Hilton stretch the field and run intermediate routes ... Throw in Pitts (?) and you've got yourself the makings of an offensive machine!  At least on paper.
Yesterday, Cynthia Frelund compared Hendickson’s and Lawson’s next gen stats. Similar stats. Similar money. Bengals get an extra year with Hendrickson compared to the Jets and Lawson.

However, Hendrickson doesn’t have Lawson’s durability issues. So after reflecting a little, I think the Bengals probably made the right move giving similar money to a similar player who will most likely be more durable over the duration of the contract even though she classified the deal as a head scratcher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/2021-nfl-free-agency-three-good-analytic-fits-and-three-head-scratchers