Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-24-2021, 07:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sheez, you must have been watching reruns of the Lucille Ball show. But that was Rick not Nick. Oh well, at least we still have our health. LOL

Edit: Wait... I don't think I'm right. Oh well, at least we have our health.

My mental picture of Harley before reading him reference Lucille Ball in a post...

[Image: ian-hodgson-reuters-hells-angels-guy-har...=410&h=205]

My mental picture of Harley after reading him reference Lucille Ball in a post...

[Image: 90-year-old-guy-rides-scooter-on-motorwa...4572_1.jpg]
(03-24-2021, 03:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Or he likes free steak and beer.

Pffft water into wine. The real Messiah’s turning beer and steaks into FA signings. 
(03-24-2021, 06:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nick Martin signed with the Raiders.
ohhh nick martin...
[Image: ricky-martin-june-1999-u-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I know... im an idiot, but i also got excited that Kerrigan was coming to visit
[Image: R640a30e046ec6aa583b0252dc035e319?rik=%2...pid=ImgRaw]
(03-25-2021, 12:05 AM)The Clapp Wrote: I know... im an idiot, but i also got excited that Kerrigan was coming to visit

WWWHHHHIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
As expected, TY Hilton re-signs with Indianapolis so he's off the market.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(03-25-2021, 12:05 AM)The Clapp Wrote: I know... im an idiot, but i also got excited that Kerrigan was coming to visit

Nothing but a depth shining. Bad knee. Unreliable.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

(03-24-2021, 10:01 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Biggest positions of weakness:

1) OG: XSF + Spain; Jordan #3.
2) WR: Boyd, Higgins + Tate. Thomas #4.
3) LB: Wilson & Pratt. ADG & Bailey next.
4) DE: Hendrickson & Hubbard. Khalid #3.
5) PK: Seibert
6) DT: Reader & Ogunjobi. Tupou #3. Wren #4.

Now, we could certainly see some old friends return to bolster depth at some spots (Bynes, Evans, Daniels, Hunt), but at DE, WR, & OG, the cupboard is pretty bare.

Barring someone exceptional falling, it appears the first 2 picks will be OT (who can play guard initially) and WR.   And likely 2 OL in first 3 picks.   I hate to pigeonhole our draft like this as there are a ton of good defensive prospects, but we simply need to fill spots with quality talent.  
(03-25-2021, 08:25 AM)yang Wrote: Barring someone exceptional falling, it appears the first 2 picks will be OT (who can play guard initially) and WR.   And likely 2 OL in first 3 picks.   I hate to pigeonhole our draft like this as there are a ton of good defensive prospects, but we simply need to fill spots with quality talent.  

We still have over a month of FA prior to the draft. I think too soon to think we are done with the OL, TE, DL and WR in FA. I also think some teams will be forced to make more cuts due to cap issues, so what is available now may be new additions in coming weeks.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(03-25-2021, 09:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We still have over a month of FA prior to the draft. I think too soon to think we are done with the OL, TE, DL and WR in FA. I also think some teams will be forced to make more cuts due to cap issues, so what is available now may be new additions in coming weeks.

I think you're pretty close on the positions that they could still add before the draft. I'm curious to see how they'd make it all work cap wise. 

- OL - Someone to compete with Price for the backup C job
- TE - Not seeing it as much but never say never. Think they'll address in rounds 4 - UFA
- DL - Kerrigan and possibly another 3 technique DT to rotate with Larry O. I like Jurrell Casey, but think the $ could be too high.
- WR - I never saw the TY Hiltons & Sammy Watkins as an option. If the Bengals end up drafting a WR in round 1 or 2, I could see drama with those kinds of players being pushed to WR4. Jay Morrison/Paul Dehner Jr were speculating on their recent podcast that someone like Demarcus Robinson may be a fit. 
http://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/gm-report/could-bengals-make-a-run-at-free-agent-wide-receiver-sammy-watkins
(03-25-2021, 09:50 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: http://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/gm-report/could-bengals-make-a-run-at-free-agent-wide-receiver-sammy-watkins

could make an offer but hes probly asking alot. and might not be interested in coming here.
(03-25-2021, 07:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: As expected, TY Hilton re-signs with Indianapolis so he's off the market.

Just knew that was coming.
Any update on Kerrigan's visit last night?
(03-25-2021, 10:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: could make an offer but hes probly asking alot. and might not be interested in coming here.

With some of these guys already soaking up remaining money someone is going to have to settle.  Maybe Watkins sees this and takes 7 or 8 mil for one year for the PT and Burrow.  
Not sure how much is left with them spending so much on db's. I would have sacrificed a signing (Apple) for a wideout or guard/center. But not sure they have anything left to pull off any more signings (especially if they sign Kerrigan). And there is no one left to cut to free up space.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-25-2021, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how much is left with them spending so much on db's. I would have sacrificed a signing (Apple) for a wideout or guard/center. But not sure they have anything left to pull off any more signings (especially if they sign Kerrigan). And there is no one left to cut to free up space.

Gio (would save about 4 mil)

Uzomah (would save about 5 mil)

(03-25-2021, 11:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gio (would save about 4 mil)

Uzomah (would save about 5 mil)

Uzomah still 10x better than Sample.

Gio still as good as Mixon.

GAME OVER Mellow
(03-25-2021, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how much is left with them spending so much on db's. I would have sacrificed a signing (Apple) for a wideout or guard/center. But not sure they have anything left to pull off any more signings (especially if they sign Kerrigan). And there is no one left to cut to free up space.

Have Apple's contract #s come out yet? Last year with Carolina, he signed a 1 year $3M prove it deal, then was injured and released after only playing 2 games. I'd imagine the deal is for half or less of the $3M that it'd have very little impact on the cap. I don't think it'd stop them from pursuing a WR/G/C they want. 
(03-25-2021, 11:18 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Uzomah still 10x better than Sample.

Gio still as good as Mixon.

GAME OVER Mellow

Gio was never as good as Mixon. And we have Perine and Trayveon. If there was someone worth signing and we needed to free up some money he’d be the logical place to start.

Uzomah is easily replaceable with a late rounder.