Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-25-2021, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Uzomah is easily replaceable with a late rounder.

If that was true we wouldnt still be talking about the need to replace him
Bengals are reported to be one of the teams looking at LB Neville Hewitt, who had 134 tackles for the Jets last year.
(03-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals are reported to be one of the teams looking at LB Neville Hewitt, who had 134 tackles for the Jets last year.

Which LB position does he play? Looks pretty similar to Bynes in that he’s been in the league a while, has some decent stats, but isn’t a game breaker.
(03-25-2021, 01:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Which LB position does he play? Looks pretty similar to Bynes in that he’s been in the league a while, has some decent stats, but isn’t a game breaker.

I believe he played mostly inside with the Jets.
(03-25-2021, 08:25 AM)yang Wrote: Barring someone exceptional falling, it appears the first 2 picks will be OT (who can play guard initially) and WR.   And likely 2 OL in first 3 picks.   I hate to pigeonhole our draft like this as there are a ton of good defensive prospects, but we simply need to fill spots with quality talent.  

Not necessarily, they signed reiff, they have adenji who did well and they like. But they have 1 hole at OT ,which I agree look for someone versatile who can play both guard and tackle. I don't know who that is. We could draft OT anywhere between rounds 2-4 . And yes I'm taking Sewell off the boards because it doesn't make sense to sit him. 
I thought the Vikings had a better fa LB prospect I hoped they'd look at.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-25-2021, 11:18 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Uzomah still 10x better than Sample.

Gio still as good as Mixon.

GAME OVER Mellow

Specifically with CJ we already have enough holes and not enough draft picks. Why would they open another whole. It's bad enough we need nearly all 8 picks to contribute with the holes we have. That already is not good. 

We can't afford to create no more holes. We need a TE even with CJ under contract.

(03-24-2021, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm just gonna put this here....

If he drops to our 2nd pick ,I bet they jump on it,but doing mock draft stimulator it never let's him fall to the 2nd but its possible.  I can see jamar chase then that guy. 
(03-25-2021, 02:03 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: If he drops to our 2nd pick ,I bet they jump on it,but doing mock draft stimulator it never let's him fall to the 2nd but its possible.  I can see jamar chase then that guy. 

If he's gone G Trey Smith would be a good get at top of round 2. He was dominant at Tennessee.
(03-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals are reported to be one of the teams looking at LB Neville Hewitt, who had 134 tackles for the Jets last year.
Niners, Packers, and Eagles are also interested.
(03-25-2021, 02:03 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: If he drops to our 2nd pick ,I bet they jump on it,but doing mock draft stimulator it never let's him fall to the 2nd but its possible.  I can see jamar chase then that guy. 

I'm seeing mid first round in most mocks so I agree that he likely won't be there. I think they're checking him in case they trade back from 5.
(03-25-2021, 01:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought the Vikings had a better fa LB prospect I hoped they'd look at.

You're referring to:

Eric Wilson

2020 Stats: 16 games (15 starts); 122 tackles (62 solo), 8 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, 8 passes defensed, 3 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries; 1,034 defensive snaps (96.3 percent); 104 special teams snaps

Advanced stats from pro-football-reference.com: 45 completions allowed on 65 pass attempts by opponents for 366 yards and an allowed passer rating of 74.3

The Vikings were able to add Wilson as an undrafted free agent in 2017. He was a restricted free agent a year ago, which helped Minnesota retain his services. Wilson delivered his best season, which makes some think he can fetch a price beyond what the Vikings can offer.

Taken from an article about Vikings LBs
(03-25-2021, 02:24 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: You're referring to:

Eric Wilson

2020 Stats: 16 games (15 starts); 122 tackles (62 solo), 8 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, 8 passes defensed, 3 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries; 1,034 defensive snaps (96.3 percent); 104 special teams snaps

Advanced stats from pro-football-reference.com: 45 completions allowed on 65 pass attempts by opponents for 366 yards and an allowed passer rating of 74.3

The Vikings were able to add Wilson as an undrafted free agent in 2017. He was a restricted free agent a year ago, which helped Minnesota retain his services. Wilson delivered his best season, which makes some think he can fetch a price beyond what the Vikings can offer.

Taken from an article about Vikings LBs

Yep that is the one. I only remembered he was with the Vikes because I thought their trust in players who played under Zimmer would help put him on their radar. 

Teams interested in trading for Gio

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/multiple-teams-interested-in-trading-for-bengals-running-back-giovani-bernard

I would be shocked he falls in 2nd round
Welp I know some were banging the drum for Demarcus Robinson. HE reupped with KC
(03-25-2021, 10:54 AM)Earendil Wrote: Any update on Kerrigan's visit last night?

Apparently he just skated out of here.
(03-25-2021, 05:09 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Welp I know some were banging the drum for Demarcus Robinson. HE reupped with KC

I watched his mic'd up,he seemed like a clown and noticed fans saying they can't wait till sammy returns. So I'm glad we dodged that one. 
(03-25-2021, 07:25 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Apparently he just skated out of here.

Steak & Skate
If I'm the Bengals

Round 1 I take Pitts

I then trade back up in first round at 21 with Indy giving them my 2nd and 3rd and take best offensive linemen available.