Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
Where is this being reported?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Carl Lawson to Titans

Ouch.
(03-15-2021, 09:30 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm sure one day they will discover an illness and call it "Bengals Fan Derangement Syndrome." Only treatment is playoff wins. It is an incurable disease. 

I live in the DC/Baltimore area. You have to be specific about Dan Snyder blowing a wad. Can be taken multiple ways. 

Either way you don't want to be caught in a sticky situation.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12391005]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
We gonna end up with Clowney? Lol
I’m not seeing anything about Lawson...

Feiler to the Chargers

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-15-2021, 09:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Feiler to the Chargers

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e478yunr2jpo7hacdalvf...=200w.webp]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(03-15-2021, 09:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Feiler to the Chargers

Looks like Herbert is going to be set up for success... that’ll create some fun conversations around here!
Corey Davis to Jets on a very nice deal.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

I’m not seeing it anywhere
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Dave Lapham somewhere - "it's a great day to be a Bengals fan"
[Image: 1500x500]
(03-15-2021, 09:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Corey Davis to Jets on a very nice deal.

This needed to happen for NYJ, and it's not a bad deal TBH. Davis gets low-end WR1 money and adds a quality pass catcher for Darnold or a new QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(03-15-2021, 09:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m not seeing it anywhere

It's likely imaginary.  They signed Dupree.
I don't understand the Bengals apologists in this thread who say people overreact by being disappointed when free agents that could have helped the team sign elsewhere. What have the Bengals done to earn our trust since the 1990s? Not much.

Also, I don't get why people are surprised when others post an emotional hot take. Isn't the whole point of a forum to react to news?

Anyhow, I'm bummed so far. I'll keep on rooting for them to improve the team.
(03-15-2021, 09:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are you even arguing here? You can still be a really good player and be overpaid relative to market value.

Like I said Albert Haynesworth says hello.  That guy got paid huge relative to market value and turned in to a turd once he got paid.  My point is and I have stated this many times is I think many free agents want to go to teams where they can increase their value as well as play on winning teams because they want to win. Those that go to losing teams that just over pay to land them are in it for a paycheck.   Maybe they earn their pay maybe not.

The Bengals could throw huge money at players.  But let's be honest do those players take the offer because they think Zac and the Brown family are going to get them to a Super Bowl or is it just for the money?  Quick answer, money.  That isn't how you build a team.  You build a team off players that want to be there to do everything they can to win.  Players that will go all out for their coach and will do anything they can to win.  Sometimes losing teams that throw money at players get nothing out of them.  Again see Albert Haynesworth.

The problem is the team we love is probably not attractive to free agents.  I mean the Bengals are the laughing stock of the NFL along with the Lions and previously the Browns (and that is really sad).   Over paying does not always equal success.  This team has a lot of problems and it starts from the top down.  It's going to to take many years to get over this and attract quality free agents.  But we have been saying this for decades now.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
At this rate all 8 draft picks will have to be on the O-line as it is clear the team won't spend real money to bring in talent nor will anyone that is an actual upgrade be signing here.

At least the draft picks have to choose play here or retire....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-15-2021, 09:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We gonna end up with Clowney? Lol

No...Dunlap. Who Dey
There are still veteran OL left, I wonder if we're in play for any?
(03-15-2021, 09:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: There are still veteran OL left, I wonder if we're in play for any?

The ones will we be in play for are not going to be the ones that matter....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Cethan Carter becomes the first Bengal to land a new team...Dolphins 3 years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.