Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-15-2021, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Chargers won 7 games last year, yet they’ve now added 2 of the better OL options. I’m sure we could have got to 7 wins had Burrow got a shot at the rest of the NFC East.

It all comes down to money. Like anything in life.

Yep. Stop being little mom and pop bitches and actually offer an amount of money that will sway someone good.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Hendrickson won’t have the benefit of Cam Jordan and the Saints’ DT’s drawing blocking attention. Would have rather kept Lawson. Meh.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
They are also talking with Steelers slot CB Mike Hilton. Assuming this means he would be replacing Alexander.
(03-15-2021, 11:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They are also talking with Steelers slot CB Mike Hilton. Assuming this means he would be replacing Alexander.

I hope we sign him
STOKED!!!!! SUPER DUPER DOUBLE LOOPER STOKED!!!!! Masterplan coming together babies!!!!! Who Dey
(03-15-2021, 10:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There is one T that is really good in Trent Williams and there is no talk of the Bengals reaching out to him at all.

Schwartz is highly rated but may retire due to injury.

Okung, another guy who 5 years ago was awesome, now he is an injury concern.

At Guard you have...

Gabe Jackson who was cut by the Raiders and had a horrible season last year.

Kyle Long coming out of retirement (That is a Bengal like signing)

Trai Turner dealing with injuries...

Do you see the trend? These are the scraps that other teams are passing over but good enough for Mikey.

Adding Hendrickson is not a big deal when you let Lawson walk, it literally is a lateral move. Laterally moves do NOT improve the roster.

Adding Hendrickson and re-signing Lawson would have been exciting.

Eric Fisher made the Pro Bowl last year.  He won't be ready to start the season, but would be a great long term acquisition.  Alejandro Villenueva is also a good starting T, as is Riley Reiff.  Mike Remmers graded 70.1 and didn't give up a sack in the regular season for KC.  

Zeitler got cut by the Giants after taking a huge step back last year and graded close to Jarrett, so why are they in a different bracket?  Austin Blythe has been a quality starter at both G and C for the Rams.  Larry Warford is a quality RG that opted out last year.  Iupati would be a decent stopgap option for a season.  
(03-15-2021, 11:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They are also talking with Steelers slot CB Mike Hilton. Assuming this means he would be replacing Alexander.

I really liked Alexander and hoped they would bring him back.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

I don’t really know much about this guy. I see on NFL.com he was rated one spot higher than Lawson on available FAs. I would assume he doesn’t have the injury history of Lawson. At face value it looks like a good signing (he comes from a winning culture too). Anyone know more about him?
At this point, Reiff and Trai Turner on the O line along with Hilton to play slot with Bouye as insurance for Phillips and an older vet pass rusher across from Hendrickson and you have a salvageable period that probably improves you incrementally over last year.
2nd place to TJ Watt in sacks last year.
(03-15-2021, 11:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Glad they got involved, but it is essentially like re-signing Lawson at this point.

Hendrickson also had 11 QB knock downs, to go along with those sacks, with 33 total pressures.  Weather by coverage or beating his man, he's got the motor to stick with a play to the end.  He's a small school guy who bided his time.  If the Bengals felt better about signing him, I'm pulling for him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-15-2021, 11:25 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Love this signing he doesn't look as good in shorts as Lawson but he is as productive if not more.

More sacks but less pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(03-15-2021, 11:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why not ? He led the league in sacks

Didn’t say he was bad. He’s not. I prefer Lawson, but there’s not a huge gap.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(03-15-2021, 11:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Glad they got involved, but it is essentially like re-signing Lawson at this point.

Yikes. After watching that and seeing a total lack of any kind of real pass rush arsenal...he looks like a 5-6 sack guy with the Bengals. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-15-2021, 11:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: More sacks but less pressures.

13.5 sacks, 11 QB knock downs, 33 total pressures.  Not bad at all.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Pressures IMO without data saying what happened on the play means squat.

Sacks can ruin an offensive series while a "pressure" is either a completed pass or incomplete pass.

That said Trey did seem to have a lot of coverage sucks but it is what it is... Welcome to Cincy kid.
[Image: 1500x500]
Better production and actually stays healthy. Upgrade for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Well we’ll see which one turns out better for us but at least they plugged a hole.

Sign turner or Jackson at g, Everett or brate at te and roll to the draft

(03-15-2021, 11:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: More sacks but less pressures.

This is basically analytics versus old school stats. Analytics look at Hendrickson as a slightly above average player where as “old school” stat guys see him as Uber productive.
(03-15-2021, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yikes. After watching that and seeing a total lack of any kind of real pass rush arsenal...he looks like a 5-6 sack guy with the Bengals. 

Carl Lawson was a 5-6 sack guy.