Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-13-2020, 05:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Legit; what is so special about Graeters and what makes it different from other ice creams?

I've never had it, so I'm genuinely curious.

It’s made using an old school “French pot” process that makes it denser (and better) than regular ice cream.

It’s amazing. Particularly the black raspberry chocolate chip.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Their black raspberry chocolate chip ruins all other ice creams.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well I know what I'm getting when I descend to Cincy this year...

(don't care if the flavor is good or not, that flavor just sounds BEYOND bomb)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If Burrow looks good against a Venables defense, then it would be hard to argue against picking him #1 overall. Clemson has the #1 defense in college and Burrow will see pro-alignments.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Nothing could change my top 2 options... he’s already gonna won 45-13 and dominate a team that shouldn’t be there in the first place, u less the refs suck off dabo again like they did in the semifinals
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 06:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Burrow looks good against a Venables defense, then it would be hard to argue against picking him #1 overall.  Clemson has the #1 defense in college and Burrow will see pro-alignments.

That's where I am too.  This is Joe Burrow's ultimate final exam.  Brent Venables will not make it easy for the LSU offense. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe Burrow will be on center stage tonight, with the eyes of Bengals nation watching intently.

If you're already on board with him being drafted by the Bengals. what are you hoping to see from him tonight?

If you don't like the idea of Burrow as the Bengals 1OA, what could you see in this game that might change your mind?

To get this kicked off, here a a few videos that I thought were good watches...

Deja vu. I was there in '02/'03 to watch Palmer in the Orange Bowl, to see what the Bengals were getting with the #1OA then. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s made using an old school “French pot” process that makes it denser (and better) than regular ice cream.  

It’s amazing. Particularly the black raspberry chocolate chip.

sounds good  minus the chocolate chips.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 07:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds good  minus the chocolate chips.

Its not really traditional chocolate chip. It’s huge chunks of dark chocolate.

Reply/Quote
We love it so much here a local brewery even made it into a beer lol

[Image: GraetersBRC_Can_Web.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well  Its Goldstar thats a sponser...    Skyline is for them reds players lol...

But it dont matter...   what he likes/dont like....

Oddly enough, I was in the Greater Cincinnati area this past weekend to visit my son.  We didn't consume either of those, however we did go to Back Porch Saloon and indulge in some awesome sandwiches and brews, and maybe a couple shots as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm already sold on him.

What I want to see to remove the doubt in others' minds:
- NO INJURY!!!!
- 65% completion percentage
- 300+ passing yards
- More TDs than turnovers
- Ideally winning but especially not losing because of him

Why do you hate Joe so much?

You and Kevin, man...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them announce a pregame bet... Burrow against the Hippie from Clemson. Hair vs Hair, loser gets sheared by the winner on the 50 yd line.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 07:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Deja vu. I was there in '02/'03 to watch Palmer in the Orange Bowl, to see what the Bengals were getting with the #1OA then. 

Yep, same. Regardless of how bad this past season was, it's still exciting to know that we'll be starting a new era at QB.

[Image: EOMcI-zWsAAl14Q?format=jpg&name=medium]
Reply/Quote
Here's to Burrow dropping some dimes on Clemson Cheers
Reply/Quote
He has to sell me he is worth the bounty of picks we are giving up by not trading out of 1. Clemson without a doubt is the best team they played this year so spotlight is on him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Legit; what is so special about Graeters and what makes it different from other ice creams?

I've never had it, so I'm genuinely curious.

Dont feel bad i never had it either and 1st moved to Cincinnati in 1988, not a big ice cream guy but would try it if its supposed to that good. Btw im a Gold star guy for sure over skyline
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 07:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sounds good  minus the chocolate chips.

(01-13-2020, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Its not really traditional chocolate chip. It’s huge chunks of dark chocolate.

As Nicomo said; read the article GP posted (Wikipedia). Those are NOT chips and I REALLY want to try it! lol

(01-13-2020, 08:18 PM)804 fan Wrote: Dont feel bad i never had it either and 1st moved to Cincinnati in 1988, not a big ice cream guy but would try it if its supposed to that good. Btw im a Gold star guy for sure over skyline

Love both of them; I wish Cincinnati chili caught on it other places, it's so damn good and I've made it 3 times now, with the most recent time being incredible.

Burrow doesn't have to eat the chili if he doesn't want to LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 08:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has to sell me he is worth the bounty of picks we are giving up by not trading out of 1. Clemson without a doubt is the best team they played this year so spotlight is on him.

What bounty of picks? You have no idea if any team would even make an offer.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 07:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, same. Regardless of how bad this past season was, it's still exciting to know that we'll be starting a new era at QB.

[Image: EOMcI-zWsAAl14Q?format=jpg&name=medium]

That picture makes it look like he's saying "Did I do a bad ting, boss?"

Side note, is this thread going to be the pseudo-gameday thread for the game?
Reply/Quote