Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ogbohei (however you spell it) = hot garbage
(12-26-2016, 11:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They gave Ogbuehi a 44.3 grade. Said he gave up 2 sacks and only one hurry. Also struggled as a run blocker.

Meanwhile, they gave Fisher a 35.6 grade. Said he gave up one sack but 5 pressures and struggled in both pass protection and run blocking.

Take it for what you will.

So, further confirmation of what we all have known, they're both terrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 11:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here's my take, for what it's worth:  The Bengals were absolutely correct in drafting Cedric Ogbuehi because he was not "hot garbage" in college at Texas A&M.  He was one of the best offensive linemen in all of college football.  

So tell me what happened when Cedric got to Cincinnati?!?!

He has never had a healthy training camp.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He has never had a healthy training camp.

That's certainly true. Do you think once Cedric does have a healthy training camp that he'll become like Andre Smith who had a similar start?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 11:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They gave Ogbuehi a 44.3 grade. Said he gave up 2 sacks and only one hurry. Also struggled as a run blocker.

Meanwhile, they gave Fisher a 35.6 grade. Said he gave up one sack but 5 pressures and struggled in both pass protection and run blocking.

Thanks, whats a perfect score, 100?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:41 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's certainly true. Do you think once Cedric does have a healthy training camp that he'll become like Andre Smith who had a similar start?

I don't know at all.  He needs to improve on everything.  All I am saying is that I am not going to write him off as a complete bust yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know at all.  He needs to improve on everything.  All I am saying is that I am not going to write him off as a complete bust yet.

They should know by the end of the next training camp.  He sure looks like he needs a tremendous amount of work.  I don't remember a first round pick of ours looking that bad except for Akili Smith, and we all know he never got better, anywhere.

We've been very fortunate Dalton wasn't seriously injured because of Obuehei's play this year.  If he gets Andy hurt, we might as well take the stripes off our helmets because we'll become the Browns just that fast.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:02 AM)corpjet Wrote: Thanks, whats a perfect score, 100?

Probably. I've never seen a player reach a score like that and have seen them in the 90s. But if you get around an 80 grade for them it's still pretty good.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 11:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here's my take, for what it's worth:  The Bengals were absolutely correct in drafting Cedric Ogbuehi because he was not "hot garbage" in college at Texas A&M.  He was one of the best offensive linemen in all of college football.  

So tell me what happened when Cedric got to Cincinnati?!?!

In 2014, he was really good. Although he started to fall off during the end of the year and was injured. In 2015 he was still struggling and some thought it could be due to his injuries.

His biggest problem in college, and also in the pros, is his ability to anchor and technique. It was widely discussed that Ogbuehi had all the possibility to be a future LT. But there would be growing pains.

If you watch his college tape, you will see many of the technical struggles you see now. The different is Ogbuehi is going up against much harder competition.

In college football, you can get away from technique and just rely on athleticism. You can't in the NFL. Just like how QBs from college can make some rookie interceptions because they throw to a WR but the DB closes on the ball much quicker than they expect.

There's still hope for him. But it won't happen until the 2017 season.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 04:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: In 2014, he was really good. Although he started to fall off during the end of the year and was injured. In 2015 he was still struggling and some thought it could be due to his injuries.

His biggest problem in college, and also in the pros, is his ability to anchor and technique. It was widely discussed that Ogbuehi had all the possibility to be a future LT. But there would be growing pains.

If you watch his college tape, you will see many of the technical struggles you see now. The different is Ogbuehi is going up against much harder competition.

In college football, you can get away from technique and just rely on athleticism. You can't in the NFL. Just like how QBs from college can make some rookie interceptions because they throw to a WR but the DB closes on the ball much quicker than they expect.

Which was why I was so against the pick when we made it. Given his injuries and the fact my college watching time has been cut down the last few years, I didn't know a lot about the guy until it got close to the draft and some mocks I saw had us taking him in the second to replace Andre. I really didn't like the tape, even with the mindset that we might draft the guy as a RT, because it looked like another guy with lots of physical abilities and not a lot of skills.

But, we've got him. Now, all we can hope is that the staff can turn him into a LT because after seeing him, I'm not sure if he even has the physicality to play right.
Reply/Quote
Ugh. After seeing him in college n in the pros. I have no doubt he's a bust. But hey let's give him a few more years to suck because after all we are stuck with him. After next years excuse of he never had a full training camp , it will be give him another year he's pretty much a rookie at left tackle. He might be the worst lineman I have seen. No seriously ever. But the Bengals who haven't won a playoff game since 1990 know more than I do. Ugh
Reply/Quote

I am going to give Fisher a little more leeway than Ogbuehi for the simple fact of quality starts. I still believe that Ced will be better at LT than what he was at RT just because it feels/comes more natural to him. Both of them graded out as 1st round talent but hasn't had the playing time yet to adapt to NFL talent.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 04:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: In 2014, he was really good. Although he started to fall off during the end of the year and was injured. In 2015 he was still struggling and some thought it could be due to his injuries.

You sound knowledgeable about the subject. No criticism from me. I doubt though that Ogeebogee will be okay in 2017 -- 2018 at the earliest (imo). I hope YOU are right.
Reply/Quote
I think you have to keep him around at least another year, maybe more. You want to give him every chance to contribute before judging him to be a sunk cost.

That said, I think they'd be ***** insane to go into 2017 with him penciled in as a started at either OT spot without a viable backup plan in place. If he's the same player he was this season, he'll continue to severely limit this offense. I see no evidence that they plan to move on from Rust Bucket Bodine and Zeitler is probably getting ready to play his last game as a Bengal. This team does not sign quality outside FAs.

That's a lot of soft spots on this o-line. Gotta have a contingency plan.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He has never had a healthy training camp.

He's had two years to get it together, yet has been consistently the worst. A 1st round pick should be better than the worst.

Reply/Quote
There's no way og can be counted on your be anything other than a back up next year. Signing Whitworth is a must. Unless the Bengals don't care about winning. We need a solid veteran Right tackle. If they think OG will be ready to start next year I'll pick up dirt biking on Sundays n I'll come back when the Bengals are serious about winning.
Reply/Quote
Cedric should right now this very minute be living on Big Willie's couch, washing his dishes and taking out his trash while trying to absorb every piece of help Willie can give him. Never has a players career been on such a thin line. The entire league is watching him get pushed around like a rag doll.... if he doesn't make it here, no one is going to pick him up...
Reply/Quote
What's worse, he's injury prone. Couldn't even finish the season and show if there was any hope he'd be better at LT.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10414/cedric-ogbuehi

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
But but he's back at his natural left tackle spot. The spot where in 5 years in college , he played about 8 games there and gave up 7 sacks then got moved back to right tackle. Unfortunately his best position was right guard in college. He was injury prone in college no shocker that hes getting injured In the pros. Imagine if we still had , Reggie Nelson for Williams, Andre Smith and a reliable kicker this year. We'd be in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote