Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Benched
For a 40 year old vet.

Im still not 100% sure Ogbuehi was ever healthy this year, that is honestly the only explanation I can come up with for his poor play.

If not, then this is a big deal...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For a 40 year old vet.

Im still not 100% sure Ogbuehi was ever healthy this year, that is honestly the only explanation I can come up with for his poor play this year.

Is he benched moving forward, or was it just yesterday?  Winston actually looked better....yikes!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Is he benched moving forward, or was it just yesterday?  Winston actually looked better....yikes!

Thats my biggest issue with it. Winston looked better. 

Im not sure, you'd have to think hes going to be benched going forward... 
Reply/Quote

Im still not 100% sure Ogbuehi was ever healthy this year, that is honestly the only explanation I can come up with for his poor play this year.

Guess whit is 43 then.

Fwiw- Winston is 32
Reply/Quote
Dumb. He's going to be good we have seen flashes it just takes time besides being a cb or The qb I think online is the 3rd hardest to make the transition to. He will be fine but it will take time for him to get it.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Guess whit is 43 then.

Fwiw- Winston is 32

Yeah, thought he was older than that. 

Regardless, its not good when your former first round pick is being benched and out played by a veteran player you picked up off the scrap heap. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats my biggest issue with it. Winston looked better. 

Im not sure, you'd have to think hes going to be benched going forward... 

You never know with this staff, but yeah, his ass would sit for the foreseeable future if I was coaching.

Reply/Quote
Perhaps Ogbuehi has just been miscast at RT for the NFL.

While he was better at RT than LT in college, his strengths and weaknesses indicate he is likely a better fit at LT for the NFL, as he has very good reflexes, speed, and athleticism to handle speed rushers. His primary weakness mentioned in multiple scouting reports was that he needed more strength to handle anchoring and getting push in the ground game. It's also mentioned that his technique could use some work.

With that said, Fisher isn't a prototypical RT either. So maybe we see a prototypical RT drafted in the 2017 draft (unfortunately).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps Ogbuehi has just been miscast at RT for the NFL.

While he was better at RT than LT in college, his strengths and weaknesses indicate he is likely a better fit at LT for the NFL, as he has very good reflexes, speed, and athleticism to handle speed rushers. His primary weakness mentioned in multiple scouting reports was that he needed more strength to handle anchoring and getting push in the ground game. It's also mentioned that his technique could use some work.

With that said, Fisher isn't a prototypical RT either. So maybe we see a prototypical RT drafted in the 2017 draft (unfortunately).

So he needs coached up?  That doesn't bode well for us.  No wonder he's struggling.

Reply/Quote

Im still not 100% sure Ogbuehi was ever healthy this year, that is honestly the only explanation I can come up with for his poor play.

If he is not healthy, that in itself is a big deal.  He inured himself at the end of the college season, which would mean that he got hurt almost two years ago.  If you're not fully recovered after two years, then my non doctor self really has to wonder if you ever will be.

(10-17-2016, 12:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, thought he was older than that. 

Regardless, its not good when your former first round pick is being benched and out played by a veteran player you picked up off the scrap heap. 

Dude looks like he is about 50.  A couple weeks ago someone pointed out that he was early 30's and I had to go look it up.
Reply/Quote
To me this means the team was OK with losing while he was trying to figure it out, knowing Winston is nearing the end of his career - but is better.

This team is slow to react in every facet. Think about it. They're always too late. Adjustments of any kind. 

The Patriots adjust before the game, during the game, after the game (for the next opponent). The Bengals just try to play the same game every game, putting the best version of themselves out there, not the best version that would beat that opponent.

Marvin Lewis, what adjustments does your team make at Half Time?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: To me this means the team was OK with losing while he was trying to figure it out, knowing Winston is nearing the end of his career - but is better.

This team is slow to react in every facet. Think about it. They're always too late. Adjustments of any kind. 

The Patriots adjust before the game, during the game, after the game (for the next opponent). The Bengals just try to play the same game every game, putting the best version of themselves out there, not the best version that would beat that opponent.

Marvin Lewis, what adjustments does your team make at Half Time?

Well that one time they ordered a sausage and mushroom pizza instead of their typical supreme for their post game dinner?????
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
This guy is complete garbage on the field . Cut him
Reply/Quote
I hear Anthony Collins is available. He was OK for us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hear Anthony Collins is available. He was OK for us.
Yea but he is a big turd as far as team chemistry goes. Remember when he was mic'ed up a few years ago?
Reply/Quote
Winston in his prime was a really good Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While he was better at RT than LT in college, his strengths and weaknesses indicate he is likely a better fit at LT for the NFL, as he has very good reflexes, speed, and athleticism to handle speed rushers. His primary weakness mentioned in multiple scouting reports was that he needed more strength to handle anchoring and getting push in the ground game. It's also mentioned that his technique could use some work.

His primary weaknesses are strength and blocking, two skills that are typically required for offensive line play.  His length and athleticism, would be great if at some point a pick up basketball game breaks out.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Good. He's been our worst lineman this year. Shouldn't have taken this long.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:05 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: His primary weaknesses are strength and blocking, two skills that are typically required for offensive line play.  His length and athleticism, would be great if at some point a pick up basketball game breaks out.

Ouch.   LMAO Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps Ogbuehi has just been miscast at RT for the NFL.

I think the main thing with him is mental.  Way too many guys running free to the QB on the right side of the line
Reply/Quote