Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Benched
Pure trash

Too weak to guard ppl. Don't care if hes athletic enough to beat every guy he faces in a damn relay race. You gotta have power and technique to protect Qbs and he has neither.

Looks like we have to draft OL again. We should really just sign vets in this position. We already have a lot of money tied up in the o line.
Reply/Quote
One high note from the game appears to be that Ogbuehi no longer gets a free pass to be bad and Bodine may be out a week or two.

We might actually have decent line play soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: One high note from the game appears to be that Ogbuehi no longer gets a free pass to be bad and Bodine may be out a week or two.

We might actually have decent line play soon.

This is will be something I want to pay attention to next week... I am curious to see if that levels out the center position, gets worse, etc.

Could be a lot of crow being eaten around here lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is will be something I want to pay attention to next week... I am curious to see if that levels out the center position, gets worse, etc.

Why crow? If our backup turns out to be worse than Bodine it just means he is really, really bad. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe we will see Fisher play Tackle and/or Westerman wear a uniform.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is will be something I want to pay attention to next week... I am curious to see if that levels out the center position, gets worse, etc.

Could be, but it's doubtful.

It's not like we were sitting Alex Mack in favor of Bodine. We've got backup level backup players at that position. We might be using more TE and HB blocking than we had been (that's completely a guess) to cover up having a less experienced center, plus the guards will be taxed a little more.  It'll probably look like what we've seen all year: combo of short pass looking for more or 2-3 yard run, setting up third and long that requires Dalton to channel his inner Favre and sling it.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hear Anthony Collins is available. He was OK for us.

If they picked up Collins, would you rather see him at Tackle or Guard?  Personally, I say you put the strongest 5 out there, working from the inside out.  Meaning slide Boling and Whit over one slot right, insert AC or Fisher at LT, and the other at RT. 

Then, you at least have some push up the middle, and a pocket that Andy could step up into.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they picked up Collins, would you rather see him at Tackle or Guard?  Personally, I say you put the strongest 5 out there, working from the inside out.  Meaning slide Boling and Whit over one slot right, insert AC or Fisher at LT, and the other at RT. 

Then, you at least have some push up the middle, and a pocket that Andy could step up into.

Assuming he's not ducking DE's one second after the snap.  Ninja  
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, how can you be that skinny at Tackle, yet that slow?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For a 40 year old vet.

Im still not 100% sure Ogbuehi was ever healthy this year, that is honestly the only explanation I can come up with for his poor play.

If not, then this is a big deal...

Liked the move for once.

Og is very talented he just doesn't have it yet. Hopefully he watches some film on how he has been engaging defenders.

Winston played well fortunately.

I am for bringing back Anthony Collins, he is not a good run blocker of course but he is very good in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they picked up Collins, would you rather see him at Tackle or Guard?  Personally, I say you put the strongest 5 out there, working from the inside out.  Meaning slide Boling and Whit over one slot right, insert AC or Fisher at LT, and the other at RT. 

I would like AC at LT myself. Very good in pass protection, we are not running well this year anyways. Might as well pass it.

Dalton has played great this year considering the OL play.

BTW, how is Bodine's injury?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:47 PM)Older Than You Wrote: Yeah, how can you be that skinny at Tackle, yet that slow?

This is the thing which is worrying me ....most people rightly seem to be focussing on the lack of strength , falling off blocks.

The perception however that he has quick feet and needs to just bulk up I'm not so sure about, though I'll happily defer to someone who knows OT technique.

The only quick thing about him at the moment is the rate at which he is back-pedaling into dalton's face.....
Reply/Quote

Clint Boling is the second best OT on this team. I'd like to see him move to RT and Westerman, Winston or Fish at LG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well that didn't last long. Marv says Ced is starting at RT next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well that didn't last long. Marv says Ced is starting at RT next week.

Who knows maybe it will work. It did for Ken Anderson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For a 40 year old vet.

Im still not 100% sure Ogbuehi was ever healthy this year, that is honestly the only explanation I can come up with for his poor play.

If not, then this is a big deal...

Yeah, a 1st round pick who wasn't healthy last year and now again? We'll be drafting a LT, C and likely a RT again next year. I hope!!!!!

Even as bad as Og has been, Fisher hasn't been good enough to crack the line up. That tells us a lot about Fisher.

The 2015 draft could come down to a bust fest. Remember we already cut 3rd round pick Paul Dawson.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, a 1st round pick who wasn't healthy last year and now again? We'll be drafting a LT, C and likely a RT again next year. I hope!!!!!

Even as bad as Og has been, Fisher hasn't been good enough to crack the line up. That tells us a lot about Fisher.

The 2015 draft could come down to a bust fest. Remember we already cut 3rd round pick Paul Dawson.

I actually forgot about Dawson. As a matter of fact outside of Boyd and Vigil and some cb that is hurt, I dont even remember who was drafted. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well that didn't last long. Marv says Ced is starting at RT next week.

He better be on a very very very short leash.  Smack
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I actually forgot about Dawson. As a matter of fact outside of Boyd and Vigil and some cb that is hurt, I dont even remember who was drafted. 

Shaw, so far, has been the best pick from the 2015 draft.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals used to have the greatest offensive linemen in football. It was Paul Brown's "thing." I keep thinking of what Andy Dalton could do with people like Rich Braham, Willie Anderson, and Levi Jones blocking for him.
Reply/Quote