Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle
(07-09-2018, 08:53 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: " Despite hype that Ogbuehi is receiving and hints that he’s being considered to start at right tackle, the Bengals need to learn their lesson and sit Ogbuehi on the bench this year. Yes, it’s possible Pollack is molding him into a better player, but it’s highly doubtful that he’s going to be good enough to start for the Bengals at right tackle this year and if he truly is the team’s best option, that’s scary and uninspiring."

Off cincy jungle.

This is pretty much my thinking. 

Same here, i think the best we can hope for with this guy is he becomes an okay backup.

But that is about as good as i think he can get with the way he has never shown any fight in him.
Reply/Quote
My problem is the line needs to work together to be good, if we keep moving him around to make it work for him, the rest of the line can't take a regular spot and learn it. I know the coach wants every player playing all spots, but this is not realistic.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:33 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: My problem is the line needs to work together to be good, if we keep moving him around to make it work for him, the rest of the line can't take a regular spot and learn it.  I know the coach wants every player playing all spots, but this is not realistic.

I highly doubt Ogbuehi wins the starting RT spot, that would blow my mind.

The Line will probably look like this and stay that way cause like you pretty much said they will have to get their chemistry down.

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Westerman/Redmond - Jake Fisher

Og will just be a backup this year and either be out of the league or a backup on another team.
Reply/Quote
I don’t understand the obsession with this guy. We must have a dozen threads dedicated to what is basically a back up lineman who’s not even mediocre as a backup.

Why are we talking about him? He’ll get a little hype that he’s improving then his play will prove out that even with some improvement he still sucks and he most likely won’t be on the team next in 2019 if he’s even in the league.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don’t understand the obsession with this guy.  We must have a dozen threads dedicated to what is basically a back up lineman who’s not even mediocre as a backup.  

Why are we talking about him?  He’ll get a little hype that he’s improving then his play will prove out that even with some improvement he still sucks and he most likely won’t be on the team next in 2019 if he’s even in the league.

Because it's off season, and there's nothing much to talk about.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Because it's off season, and there's nothing much to talk about.

Yes. Not to mention if Pollack got this guy even looking like a decent backup it would be a miracle and would show just
how poor of an O-line coach Paul Alexander was honestly. To me this is more of another Pollack thread, if Ogbuehi can
turn his shitty play around Pollack is genius.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean if you know your weak side you can keep a TE on that side attached, motion a WR in to crack and release, or even use a HB in a chip and release. The issue we had last season was both sides and the middle were bad, which makes it hard to scheme around.

IMO they definitely will need to at least start with some type of help of another position to the right side. Can't trust Fisher to hold down the right just yet. Left side "should" be OK though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 04:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't understand those who say he's going to light up NFL defenses and he's amazing, etc, etc. If he were that good he'd have managed to do something last year, even being injured some. I'm all for hoping he does well and even great, but for people to come out with blind optimize about him is rather looney and unwarranted.

You said the same thing about William Jackson after his rookie season, correct?

Lighten up man.  No need to call people "looney" when they have as much chance of being correct as you.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I highly doubt Ogbuehi wins the starting RT spot, that would blow my mind.

The Line will probably look like this and stay that way cause like you pretty much said they will have to get their chemistry down.

Og will just be a backup this year and either be out of the league or a backup on another team.

I find it interesting Ced gets blasted (OK, he deserves it), but Fisher who has been just as bad or worse gets a pass. How can anyone feel better with Jake at RT and not think he will get AD killed possibly also?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I highly doubt Ogbuehi wins the starting RT spot, that would blow my mind.

Nothing would surprise me at RT, at this point. Og, Fisher, and Hart ranged from 37-45 in their PFF rankings last year.  Obviously, take that with a grain of salt, but they were all terrible last year.   On top of that, Fisher is trying to come back from heart surgery and was limited in minicamp with shoulder issues.  That job is wide open imo.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting Ced gets blasted (OK, he deserves it), but Fisher who has been just as bad or worse gets a pass. How can anyone feel better with Jake at RT and not think he will get AD killed possibly also?

Fisher has flashed at times in the past. Oh he's had plenty of lookout blocks as well but at least there has been a tiny sliver of hope with him. Who knows how much his health issues weighed in on his performance ?

I don't have a ton of faith he's part of the answer either but he deserves a shot IMHO.

Ced on the other hand has shown nearly zero and I have very, very, little faith he's ever going to pan out. Hope I'm wrong on both !
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting Ced gets blasted (OK, he deserves it), but Fisher who has been just as bad or worse gets a pass. How can anyone feel better with Jake at RT and not think he will get AD killed possibly also?

I'm kind of with you here. I'm crossing my fingers Fisher's problem was his health. He was just as bad as Ced. Hart, is a mental case and wasn't all that good with Giants last season either. Maybe Perkins has developed enough to garner a good look this TC or possibly Taylor..
Reply/Quote

Fisher definately has not been worse then Ogbuehi, no way and that is even with a heart problem.

Fisher in his rookie year was asked to play FB, LT and TE for heck sake, then in his sophomore year the heart
thing happens. I have seen Fisher look good at times and he has shown the drive to be good at times, unlike Og.

Under Pollack i have hope he might get to be serviceable, Og? I highly doubt it.

(07-10-2018, 11:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Nothing would surprise me at RT, at this point. Og, Fisher, and Hart ranged from 37-45 in their PFF rankings last year.  Obviously, take that with a grain of salt, but they were all terrible last year.   On top of that, Fisher is trying to come back from heart surgery and was limited in minicamp with shoulder issues.  That job is wide open imo.

Yep, let the best man win, Perkins played good on the one drive against the Ravens where we scored last game.

Redmond is 6'5" with long arms, he might be able to play RT. Taylor has talent, all of these guys should be in the
running and even moving either Boling or Glenn to RT should be in the cards just in case.

(07-10-2018, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fisher has flashed at times in the past. Oh he's had plenty of lookout blocks as well but at least there has been a tiny sliver of hope with him. Who knows how much his health issues weighed in on his performance ?

I don't have a ton of faith he's part of the answer either but he deserves a shot IMHO.

Ced on the other hand has shown nearly zero and I have very, very, little faith he's ever going to pan out. Hope I'm wrong on both !

Feel the same.
Reply/Quote
Ced sucks. If he starts, he'll almost certainly drag the team down with him like he has for 2 years.

At some point you have to stop inventing reasons for hope and embrace reality.

I've seen him compared to WJ3, but WJ3 wasn't getting lit up every time he touched the field. Not a good comparison.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 01:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ced sucks. If he starts, he'll almost certainly drag the team down with him like he has for 2 years.

I've seen him compared to WJ3, but WJ3 wasn't getting lit up every time he touched the field. Not a good comparison.

Yup,

If he doesn't come out with his ass on fire kicking butt and taking names sporting a mean nasty streak until hell wouldn't have him. He needs shown the door !
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 01:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ced sucks. If he starts, he'll almost certainly drag the team down with him like he has for 2 years.

I've seen him compared to WJ3, but WJ3 wasn't g etting lit up every time he touched the field. Not a good comparison.

Ced does suck.  There's little reason to think he's going to turn a corner and suddenly transform into even a serviceable NFL starter.

However, reality is, there's little reason to believe Fisher or Hart is going to magically turn the corner, either. RT is pretty much a case of picking which dog turd you prefer to step in at this point.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 10:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: Ced does suck.  There's little reason to think he's going to turn a corner and suddenly transform into even a serviceable NFL starter.

However, reality is, there's little reason to believe Fisher or Hart is going to magically turn the corner, either. RT is pretty much a case of picking which dog turd you prefer to step in at this point.

Well Pollack must of thought he had something to work with otherwise we would of Drafted Tyrell Crosby or some OT.
Reply/Quote
Ced was not healthy for either of his first two training camps. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But he stunk last year also.

At this point he is what he is. He is not going to suddenly turn into a good offensive lineman. And you can't blame Alexanders coaching. In fact history shows that most O-linemen played better here under PA than they did when they left for another team. Even Mathis blossomed into a good player here in '09 after being cut by two other teams.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 10:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: Ced does suck.  There's little reason to think he's going to turn a corner and suddenly transform into even a serviceable NFL starter.

At this point, I'd take the lesser known turd over the turd that had the most time to prove he is, in fact, a turd.  Mellow

Fisher still only has 11 starts in 3 years and IMO he didn't look as bad as Og in those starts. 

With Hart, sometimes young players turn it around on new teams.

If it were up to me, I'd roll with that duo and keep an eye out for veteran cuts during preseason. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 06:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point, I'd take the lesser known turd over the turd that had the most time to prove he is, in fact, a turd.  Mellow

Fisher still only has 11 starts in 3 years and IMO he didn't look as bad as Og in those starts. 

With Hart, sometimes young players turn it around on new teams.

If it were up to me, I'd roll with that duo and keep an eye out for veteran cuts during preseason. 

Fisher shouldn't look as bad because by the nature of the RT position he is more likely to have help.  Again, PFF is by no means the gospel, but we're talking a 45 rated player vs a 41 rated player.  They both suck.  Plus Fisher had heart surgery last year and has been dealing with shoulder issues this off-season.  Even if he can bounce back from his heart issues, it seems likely that he's going to be down some strength in TC.

Bottom line, if our starting RT is currently on the roster, I think we're in trouble.
Reply/Quote