Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle
(07-11-2018, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Pollack must of thought he had something to work with otherwise we would of Drafted Tyrell Crosby or some OT.

Pollack probably used up all his FO pull with the Glenn trade and drafting Price.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pollack probably used up all his FO pull with the Glenn trade and drafting Price.

LOL
Reply/Quote
Overheard on a recent Obbuehi conversation.. "Yeah, I feel comfortable on the bench." "I get paid the same, I just don't have to do much.", and then, "It's kind of like being a spare tire, most of the time I don't do anything, but I'm there in case you absolutely need me." Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Overheard on a recent Obbuehi conversation..  "Yeah, I feel comfortable on the bench."  "I get paid the same, I just don't have to do much.", and then, "It's kind of like being a spare tire, most of the time I don't do anything, but I'm there in case you absolutely need me."  Ninja

Sounds like he's got a great career as part of an ODOT road crew ahead of him...
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Pollack must of thought he had something to work with otherwise we would of Drafted Tyrell Crosby or some OT.

If Crosby becomes a good starter and none of the Bengals RTs step up this season, I'm totally posting this meme...
[Image: jr-smith-lebron-james.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 12:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sounds like he's got a great career as part of an ODOT road crew ahead of him...

ODOT is already super slow at fixing roads, no need to make it take even longer by adding someone who doesn't know how to lift their arms. Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hilarious
ODOT is already super slow at fixing roads, no need to make it take even longer by adding someone who doesn't know how to lift their arms. Hilarious
Now that is funny!
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: ODOT is already super slow at fixing roads, no need to make it take even longer by adding someone who doesn't know how to lift their arms. Hilarious

Both are terrible, but to my knowledge, Og had no hand in blowing up the nearest Domino's, nor forcing me to run out to work at 11 at night because he drilled through a water line and an underground power line.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:18 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ mean streak

..so let me get this straight..getting nasty and mean is going to make ced stronger so that he does not get pushed around by every defensive lineman in the league?

I read 2 years ago before the start of the season that Ced went to work with the same guy as Whit. 
He stated in the article that he was learning to use his hands more, like a martial artist.
Then when he got into the games apparently they didn't want to use the technique?

I noticed that Pollack uses the same technique in the conversations that I read.
IF Ced can pick up on the style that Pollack is bringing in he could be VERY good. His attributes coming out of College were good enough for his draft choice. NO ONE dogged them about picking Ced where he was drafted. As a matter of fact it was called an excellent puck up.
His measurable physical attributes were outstanding. 
Let's hope that Pollack can get out of him what the Bengals saw when they drafted him.

GO BENGALS
Reply/Quote
I learned to swim from the same guy that taught micheal Phelps. Doesn’t mean I’m gona win a gold medal.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: ODOT is already super slow at fixing roads, no need to make it take even longer by adding someone who doesn't know how to lift their arms. Hilarious

No need to worry, if Ogbuehi were on a DOT crew?  They wouldn't even hand him a shovel.  He'd be the guy on call, if the guy that holds the stop/slow sign should call in sick...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No need to worry, if Ogbuehi were on a DOT crew?  They wouldn't even hand him a shovel.  He'd be the guy on call, if the guy that holds the stop/slow sign should call in sick...

That guy with the Stop/Slow would probably be more effective in pass protection than Og, Fisher, or Hart.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 07:06 PM)jwayne Wrote: I read 2 years ago before the start of the season that Ced went to work with the same guy as Whit. 
He stated in the article that he was learning to use his hands more, like a martial artist.
Then when he got into the games apparently they didn't want to use the technique?

I noticed that Pollack uses the same technique in the conversations that I read.
IF Ced can pick up on the style that Pollack is bringing in he could be VERY good. His attributes coming out of College were good enough for his draft choice. NO ONE dogged them about picking Ced where he was drafted. As a matter of fact it was called an excellent puck up.
His measurable physical attributes were outstanding. 
Let's hope that Pollack can get out of him what the Bengals saw when they drafted him.

GO BENGALS

Man, again if this happens it would go to show you what the biggest thing hampering this team has been....
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 07:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: Fisher shouldn't look as bad because by the nature of the RT position he is more likely to have help.  Again, PFF is by no means the gospel, but we're talking a 45 rated player vs a 41 rated player.  They both suck.  Plus Fisher had heart surgery last year and has been dealing with shoulder issues this off-season.  Even if he can bounce back from his heart issues, it seems likely that he's going to be down some strength in TC.

Bottom line, if our starting RT is currently on the roster, I think we're in trouble.

Don't forget, we've seen Ogbuehi at RT as well. Fisher looked better than Og. That's not me saying Fisher is good or I'm satisfied. IMO, Ogbuehi is the worst tackle I've ever seen, while Fisher is just standard issue bad. We might be able to get by with Fisher without wanting to claw our eyes out by week 3.

I just have more hope for the guy, based on his slightly better play and less time starting. That said, I want an upgrade. That's why I said I'd be looking at veteran cuts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't forget, we've seen Ogbuehi at RT as well. Fisher looked better than Og. That's not me saying Fisher is good or I'm satisfied. IMO, Ogbuehi is the worst tackle I've ever seen, while Fisher is just standard issue bad. We might be able to get by with Fisher without wanting to claw our eyes out by week 3.

I just have more hope for the guy, based on his slightly better play and less time starting. That said, I want an upgrade. That's why I said I'd be looking at veteran cuts.

Be awesome if someone let go of an at least average RT.  I'd take average unless they have a plan to move Boling over there.  Put Westerman and Redmond at the guard spots.  Hell, I don't know.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't forget, we've seen Ogbuehi at RT as well. Fisher looked better than Og. That's not me saying Fisher is good or I'm satisfied. IMO, Ogbuehi is the worst tackle I've ever seen, while Fisher is just standard issue bad. We might be able to get by with Fisher without wanting to claw our eyes out by week 3.

I like what SHRacer said, move Glenn to RT and put Boling at LT.

LT - Boling
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Glenn

Gets our 5 best Lineman on the field, then get our chemistry going. Boling has the feet for LT and the athleticism.

Glenn would be a road grader alongside Redmond.
Reply/Quote
I saw where Green Bay dropped Offensive lineman Kyle Meadows but I know nothing about him?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No need to worry, if Ogbuehi were on a DOT crew?  They wouldn't even hand him a shovel.  He'd be the guy on call, if the guy that holds the stop/slow sign should call in sick...

Ogbuehi would be a great theater usher, helping people get to their seats. Just like he helped opposing pass rushers get to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 05:16 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Ogbuehi would be a great theater usher, helping people get to their seats. Just like he helped opposing pass rushers get to Dalton.

See, I was thinking more along the lines of a matador.  He's really good at jumping out of the way of the bulrush, he just needs to get better at yelling "Ole"..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, I was thinking more along the lines of a matador.  He's really good at jumping out of the way of the bulrush, he just needs to get better at yelling "Ole"..

So, "Ole" must be Spanish for "LOOKOUT!" right?
Reply/Quote