Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi's 5th year option declined
The deadline has passed and the Bengal's have officially not picked up Ogbuehi's 5th-year option. This will be his make or break year not only for us but for staying in the league (except maybe Dallas). Will this provide him some extra motivation to perform? Maybe...but I am not really holding out hope since we haven't even seen flashes of first round brilliance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander will grab OG after this year. Makes no sense to pick up on his option.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: The deadline has passed and the Bengal's have officially not picked up Ogbuehi's 5th-year option.  This will be his make or break year not only for us but for staying in the league (except maybe Dallas).  Will this provide him some extra motivation to perform?  Maybe...but I am not really holding out hope since we haven't even seen flashes of first round brilliance

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bust.....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm of two minds with this, both probably predictable. First is it's sad to think how the pick for him turned out as it has. We needed better obviously. Secondly, I am even more encouraged with the new regime on board, taking the loss while being humanitarian giving him one last chance to produce, at least into camp. Now it won't surprise if he is cut....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Make or break. I like it.

Reply/Quote
This is them officially giving up on him. I believe this is the first time they've ever declined a fifth year option on a rookie?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: The deadline has passed and the Bengal's have officially not picked up Ogbuehi's 5th-year option.  This will be his make or break year not only for us but for staying in the league (except maybe Dallas).  Will this provide him some extra motivation to perform?  Maybe...but I am not really holding out hope since we haven't even seen flashes of first round brilliance

Great decision by FO. Time for him to put up or be traded or cut prior to the season unless he has a great training camp and wins Pollack over.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
With how cheap Mikey is, color me shocked. If he could say money on a terrible player then he's all for it. Ced better go out a pick up a couple felonies. Mikey is more likely to give you an extension for being a headcase than being a shitty player.
Reply/Quote
Nice.
Reply/Quote
Just made a decent off-season that much better.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:07 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'm of two minds with this, both probably predictable. First is it's sad to think how the pick for him turned out as it has. We needed better obviously. Secondly, I am even more encouraged with the new regime on board, taking the loss while being humanitarian giving him one last chance to produce, at least into camp. Now it won't surprise if he is cut....

I checked on Sportrac.com, and the dead money on cutting Ogbuehi is only 100K less than what he is due to receive, by remaining on the team.  With that in mind, I'm guessing that unless they really need that roster spot for someone else, he'll likely get to hang around for this season.  

As for me? I'm really stoked that they didn't pick up the option on this guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:51 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: With how cheap Mikey is, color me shocked. If he could say money on a terrible player then he's all for it. Ced better go out a pick up a couple felonies. Mikey is more likely to give you an extension for being a headcase than being a shitty player.

WTF?  of course shitty players are very much less likely to get an extension why does that upset you?

If you have to have a bad player you definitely don't overpay them... 

your post makes 0 sense
Reply/Quote
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

There were several people thinking we were going to pay $10 million for a bust to play backup swing tackle. That would've been some of the worst money spent in world history.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is them officially giving up on him. I believe this is the first time they've ever declined a fifth year option on a rookie?

Or, it could be to psychologically motivate him to play his best football of his life.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Or, it could be to psychologically motivate him to play his best football of his life.

Meh. They drafted, paid and started him, so I’d think the motivation part is there for him. I’m not sure about the skills to do it at an NFL level tho.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Great news !

Just judging from what I've seen it has never really seemed like his heart was truly in the game.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Or, it could be to psychologically motivate him to play his best football of his life.

That's a nice thought, but I really don't think it's feasible to expect any sort of night and day turnaround in this guy's play.  Seems to me that he's just not cut out to be an NFL starter.  Not mean or mentally tough enough.

On the bright side, if he's saved and invested well, he should still be pretty much set for life.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 05:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great news !

Just judging from what I've seen it has never really seemed like his heart was truly in the game.

ifs he smart he saved every penny and can retire. or start his own business.
Reply/Quote