Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi set to practice!
Last night on the Bengals Game Plan radio show, Lapham said he had flashbacks of Anthony Munoz as he watched Ogbuehi practice, how he moves in space. Said he's a 310 lb man who moves like a 210 lb man.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 08:31 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Last night on the Bengals Game Plan radio show, Lapham said he had flashbacks of Anthony Munoz as he watched Ogbuehi practice, how he moves in space. Said he's a 310 lb man who moves like a 210 lb man.

Sounds like another fluff piece .... I'll wait until he hits the field for a few games before I make my 'first' judgement.

Reply/Quote
Glad to see he's ready to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 09:32 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Sounds like another fluff piece .... I'll wait until he hits the field for a few games before I make my  'first' judgement.

I also with wait until I see him play, but at least this comment was from Lapham.  He is still capable of overhyping a Bengal, but he is not as bad as Hobson who never says anything bad about anyone.  I have heard Lapham be critical of some Bengals.

Plus Lap was an O-lineman, so he should know what he is talking about here.

I am excited to see Ogbuehi play.  I am pretty sure he will be our starting for us next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I also with wait until I see him play, but at least this comment was from Lapham.  He is still capable of overhyping a Bengal, but he is not as bad as Hobson who never says anything bad about anyone.  I have heard Lapham be critical of some Bengals.

Plus Lap was an O-lineman, so he should know what he is talking about here.

I am excited to see Ogbuehi play.  I am pretty sure he will be our starting for us next year.

well we inked whitworth for 2016 if Ogbuehi starts at LT where does Whit play? or maybe we give him a year on the right side?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we inked whitworth for 2016 if Ogbuehi starts at LT where does Whit play? or maybe we give him a year on the right side?

Whit can play Guard as well....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Whit can play Guard as well....

Boiling is inked for a few more years making good money and is one of the better LGs in the league where do you play him then?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Boiling is inked for a few more years making good money and is one of the better LGs in the league where do you play him then?

You let the best five linemen play, whomever that is.
Reply/Quote
This guy could be great on down the line, but i doubt we see much of him this year barring injuries, knock on wood.

Andre might play Monday so i doubt Ogbuehi will be activated anytime soon.

Still, good news that he looks good and healthy. Very talented player for the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You let the best five linemen play, whomever that is.

Exactly, and let them rotate and keep them fresh....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You let the best five linemen play, whomever that is.

i guess we will have to test out boiling at Center then
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Whit can play Guard as well....

Stop trying to make Whit at LG happen. It's not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we inked whitworth for 2016 if Ogbuehi starts at LT where does Whit play?  or maybe we give him a year on the right side?

Cedric and Fisher most likely compete for the starting RT job next season with the "loser" getting the 6th OL/TE role.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

I assume they originally play him at RT then switch him to LT when/if Whit leaves.

When we drafted Whitworth almost our entire O-line was headed into free agency.  Whit got to play some LT his rookie year when Levi Jones got injured, but he started at OG for two years after that because we re-signed everyone except Steinbach.  Whit did not get the full-time LT job until his fourth season when Levi was finally gone.

If a guy can play LT he should be able to start anywhere on the line.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:41 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Stop trying to make Whit at LG happen. It's not going to happen

Not with how well hes holding down the LT spot... That being said if boiling was hurt and we have a guy that can back up the LT spot but not the LG spot you will see whit slide inside and OB take LT..

Like when we had Collins at LT cause he wasnt suited for OG and slide whit inside where he had a very high quality year.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Cedric and Fisher most likely compete for the starting RT job next season with the "loser" getting the 6th OL/TE role.

This.

I am not conceding that Ced will be better than Fisher.  They are both high quality prospects, and you never can tell which players will make the transition to the NFL.  The draft is such a crap shoot that I'll bet historically there isn't much difference in the success rate of two guys drafted just 32 slots apart.  After maybe the top 10-15 overall picks I'll bet one round later doesn't make much difference. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 09:32 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Sounds like another fluff piece .... I'll wait until he hits the field for a few games before I make my  'first' judgement.

Considering he was considered a premier LT prospect and an almost certain top 5-10 pick before the injury, this is somewhat reassuring.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I assume they originally play him at RT then switch him to LT when/if Whit leaves.

When we drafted Whitworth almost our entire O-line was headed into free agency.  Whit got to play some LT his rookie year when Levi Jones got injured, but he started at OG for two years after that because we re-signed everyone except Steinbach.  Whit did not get the full-time LT job until his fourth season when Levi was finally gone.

If a guy can play LT he should be able to start anywhere on the line.

That's simply not true. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not with how well hes holding down the LT spot... That being said if boiling was hurt and we have a guy that can back up the LT spot but not the LG spot you will see whit slide inside and OB take LT..

Like when we had Collins at LT cause he wasnt suited for OG and slide whit inside where he had a very high quality year.

I kept saying that they would replace Livings with Collins.  Collins looked decent in limited starting action his first few years, and it seemed like a logical move.  But apparently Collins just refused to play G.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I kept saying that they would replace Livings with Collins.  Collins looked decent in limited starting action his first few years, and it seemed like a logical move.  But apparently Collins just refused to play G.  

I never understood his reluctance to move to guard.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote