Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi set to practice!
It'd be pretty unheard of to not have someone to IR designate in 3 weeks time. Someone has to get hurt, right?
Reply/Quote
Its crazy that our roster is so good that we don't have anyone we want to cut, to make room for a first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess somewhere in the excitement of Cedric Ogbuehi returning to practice, the news about Sean Porter also coming back to practice got buried.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/11/09/cedric-ogbuehi-sean-porter-begin-practicing-cincinnati-bengals/75485908/

Let's hope Porter can stay healthy, and make a contribution.

im not sure id give porter a roster spot....
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:58 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Its crazy that our roster is so good that we don't have anyone we want to cut, to make room for a first round pick.

There is always room for your first round pick, especially a guy that would have probably gone in the top ten if not for the injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: There is always room for your first round pick, especially a guy that would have probably gone in the top ten if not for the injury.

whos the backup OL that gets axed?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: whos the backup OL that gets axed?

Others have pointed out that the team is only carrying eight linemen currently, so I don't necessarily think any of them get cut.  A lot will depend on how long Andre Smith is out and also if they think he is better than Winston.
Reply/Quote

If any OL, I'd have to guess TJ Johnson, at least when it comes to likelihood of getting signed by someone else if cut and just from a talent perspective.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

None, we are already light on OL. We play 5 sometimes 6 at a time and we only have 8 on the 53. Conversely we have 7 LBs and most of the time only play 2. Given they are more helpful in STs, but a blocker can help in STs as well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Serious question: If Ogbuehi is not activated in the next three weeks, does it mean he can still practice with the team for the rest of the year (but obviously not play) or does it mean practice is also off-limits?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:46 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Serious question: If Ogbuehi is not activated in the next three weeks, does it mean he can still practice with the team for the rest of the year (but obviously not play) or does it mean practice is also off-limits?

at that point if we do not promote him to the active 53 man roster he will have to go to IR
Reply/Quote
Porter (remember him?), also returned to practice.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: at that point if we do not promote him to the active 53 man roster he will have to go to IR

Thanks.  Well if that's the case, then I would be for cutting someone that the team never uses to get Ogbuehi on the roster. 
Reply/Quote
Smith isn't known for being an ironman. If he's not out for a couple weeks now, he'll be out for a couple weeks later. If he's healthy, cut someone so Ogbuehi at least gets into the rotation when that happens.

The worst that can happen is he gets reinjured and we're right where we are now. But the upside is he might get some needed playing time before stepping into a bigger role next season.

Plus, as a fan, I'd like to see what the kid's got. I went around kicking puppies for a week after the pick, but I'm still hopeful he turns out to prove me wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 03:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Smith isn't known for being an ironman. If he's not out for a couple weeks now, he'll be out for a couple weeks later. If he's healthy, cut someone so Ogbuehi at least gets into the rotation when that happens.

The worst that can happen is he gets reinjured and we're right where we are now. But the upside is he might get some needed playing time before stepping into a bigger role next season.

Plus, as a fan, I'd like to see what the kid's got. I went around kicking puppies for a week after the pick, but I'm still hopeful he turns out to prove me wrong.

Even if no one else is injured on the O-Line for the rest of the year, they should get him practice time in order to accelerate his learning.  Why wait, six months or more, when the kid can learn now and be ahead and prepared for next year, as long as he's physically ready?  This will give him a chance to understand what he needs to work on in the off season.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Porter (remember him?), also returned to practice.

Is he the one who, in three years, has only played in one game and has no statistics to speak of?

You're right, we can't sleep on that guy.
Reply/Quote
It is great to hear that Cedric is getting ready to practice but honestly there is no reason to even consider bringing him to the 53 man roster. He would be best served to continue to stronger and healthier for next season. I think it would have to be a really bad injury to someone on the offensive line before they would even consider him to be activated. So my hope is they place him on IR and let him focus on getting ready for next year because I think it would help him. But isn't it great to have these problems and that is thanks to having such a deep team. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:07 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: More fuel for the fire!

The great thing about this is he's first round pick that we were able to let sit for first 8 games , now we have a fresh tackle. Most guy in the trenches are banged up a bit at this point in the season, it's hard to believe considering how much bad luck we've had over the years. We got Tez back last game and he hasn't missed a beat I drinking the koolaid and its so good. Long time fan I learned how to play linebacker watching Bill Bergey #66 that was also my number WhoDey!!! We will when a playoff game this year . We Could Go All The Way!!!

https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/663838352156700672

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ogbuehi-set-to-practice/2af49cc8-8b6f-4f65-8b89-c04d0714ce39?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

[Image: Cedric_Ogbuehi_1430455183203_17638922_ve...40_480.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't understand people saying not to activate him because of the risk of injury and to let him rest the final eight games and playoffs... if you're medically cleared, if you are healed from your injury, that means you are ready to participate. Any one of the players could get hurt on every snap of the ball, so I don't get the "he might injure himself again" thought process.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals typically carry 9 OL during the regular season, so I doubt we're cutting any of them if/when Ced is activated.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I guess his practice debut was awesome per the article on Bengals.com
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote