Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi set to practice!
(11-12-2015, 05:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I never understood his reluctance to move to guard.

In the end it worked out great for him because he got a contract for playing LT.  But he really just got lucky.  He only got to start his last year here because of injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In the end it worked out great for him because he got a contract for playing LT.  But he really just got lucky.  He only got to start his last year here because of injuries.

He was lucky to get the deal, but he must've really burned some bridges while in Tampa. I don't think he's taken part in one work out since he was cut. He must've taken his $15 million and called it a career.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I never understood his reluctance to move to guard.

$1-$3 million depending on where you fall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:41 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Stop trying to make Whit at LG happen. It's not going to happen

[Image: original.jpg]
[Image: 97ebc4_5082bd1f7cd040f1a80228c168abccfa.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I kept saying that they would replace Livings with Collins.  Collins looked decent in limited starting action his first few years, and it seemed like a logical move.  But apparently Collins just refused to play G.  

he wasnt really good at run blocking though. and G's are required to pull at times.

I dont remember anything saying he refused to play that position i just know we never put him in at that position

(11-12-2015, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I am not conceding that Ced will be better than Fisher. They are both high quality prospects, and you never can tell which players will make the transition to the NFL. The draft is such a crap shoot that I'll bet historically there isn't much difference in the success rate of two guys drafted just 32 slots apart. After maybe the top 10-15 overall picks I'll bet one round later doesn't make much difference.

I believe after the draft they said they were considering fisher as their 1st round pick until Ced fell in their laps..

then when fisher was still there the next round they couldnt help themselves.
Reply/Quote
They're looking pretty smart now, though, cause Ced was thought to be a top five pick before the injury.
Reply/Quote
The funniest part will be if Andre decides to stay here in the offseason.

If that happens I would not be shocked to see them roll Boling in to Center and put Cedric at LG.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:41 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Stop trying to make Whit at LG happen. It's not going to happen

A) I'm not trying to make anything happen...........
B) Except for when it did.............
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 10:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A) I'm not trying to make anything happen...........
B) Except for when it did.............

1- Whit is a much better LT than he is a LG.
2- That was only because of injury.
3- OG is a year or two from starting...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:27 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: It is great to hear that Cedric is getting ready to practice but honestly there is no reason to even consider bringing him to the 53 man roster. He would be best served to continue to stronger and healthier for next season. I think it would have to be a really bad injury to someone on the offensive line before they would even consider him to be activated. So my hope is they place him on IR and let him focus on getting ready for next year because I think it would help him. But isn't it great to have these problems and that is thanks to having such a deep team. Who Dey

All good points. Yet he has a history of playing most of the line positions in college. His versatility would be valuable if anyone on the line were injured.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 10:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 1- Whit is a much better LT than he is a LG.
2- That was only because of injury.
3- OG is a year or two from starting...

4) I never said he wasn't, I simply said he can play Left Guard as well
5) Right, which could happen again at any given time
6)Probably....unless injury dictates otherwise
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 4) I never said he wasn't, I simply said he can play Left Guard as well
If there is an injury to either guard, Fisher would step in.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope to see him activated since we're playing with 8 linemen now.

Really excitied to see this kid. Would have went top 5 if not for injury. Which he got lucky because it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

I think this kid justifies his hype, and I think he'll blow us away. Welcome aboard ced
Reply/Quote
good to hear!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 09:32 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Sounds like another fluff piece .... I'll wait until he hits the field for a few games before I make my  'first' judgement.

Because you obviously know more about offensive linemen than a guy that played in the NFL for 10 years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because you obviously know more about offensive linemen than a guy that played in the NFL for 10 years.

Because I've heard this crap before.......

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 4) I never said he wasn't, I simply said he can play Left Guard as well
7) I agree...
8) True...
9) Yep
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 06:45 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Because I've heard this crap before.......

really did he release the article in audio form? or do you read outloud to yourself?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Cedric and Fisher most likely compete for the starting RT job next season with the "loser" getting the 6th OL/TE role.

I completely agree.  Combine Smith and Winston's salary, that is about $7 million that can be used to keep other players.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:18 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I completely agree.  Combine Smith and Winston's salary, that is about $7 million that can be used to keep other players.

winston might still be a valuable backup (hes been first off the bench for OT and OG).. and we normally role 4 OTs. but we will have to see what the draft and FA bring
Reply/Quote