Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy??
If you've ever listened to the song, The Piano Has Been Drinking by Tom Waits it tells you all you need to know..
Ogbuihi; As the bouncer is a sumo wrestler cream-puff Casper milquetoast..and the Piano player has been drinking..

https://youtu.be/pJrMuhgNjOg

And the owner is a mental midget with the IQ of a fence post..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ced should probably just try out for the WWE to be honest. His size and athleticism would be put to better use there. Football just doesn't seem to be his gig.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's not accurate either.

Whit was LG when Andre was drafted.   Levi Jones was still the starting LT.  After Andre's rookie minicamp, Jones was released, Whit was declared the starting LT and Andre was declared the starting RT.

This isn't accurate either.

Or I should say it leaves out some info. Levi had to be released due to injuries sapping his effectiveness. Whit had to play LT because Andre struggled with weight and foot injury his rookie season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may not really be an accurate statement.  Andre was LT at Bama.  We had Whitworth, who was firmly cemented in the role here.

Sure when he first entered the league. But he was supposedly on the decline. At the end of his career. Not starting at the most important position on offense, and looking good.

If I would have told you Smith was going to be starting at LT two years ago, what would you have thought?! I don't know if Smith has looked that good or our young tackles that bad, but with Og not able to keep him on the bench tells me something.

I think the rotation is back and that's a signal we aren't set at LT.  

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whit was PUT at LG, in an effort to get the best 5 OL on the field, at the same time.  He was a Tackle in college, he's a Tackle as a Pro.

I understand that, but he was not entrenched as the starter prior to Andre's arrival.  He didn't get the job until after.
Reply/Quote
As much crap as people have given Andre Smith over the years.... he's a competitive mofo when that ball is snapped during a game. He finds a way not to get beat. Hip hip hooray for Andre. Ced unfortunately seems like his mind is elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Done?  Did he ever really get started in the first place?

Seriously though, Cedric Ogbuehi is a talented guy.  He was terrific in college and I think it's hard for him to adjust to Paul Alexander's so-called "technique" which hasn't been effective for decades.

(10-01-2017, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may not really be an accurate statement.  Andre was LT at Bama.  We had Whitworth, who was firmly cemented in the role here.

Makes me wonder how Whit overcame paul alexanders' " coaching" influences ?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:08 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Makes me wonder how Whit overcame paul alexanders' " coaching" influences ?

Andrew Whitworth has natural talent and he came from LSU, a program known for developing offensive linemen. Cedric Ogbuehi blocked for Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M. That's a totally different scheme.
Reply/Quote
I really wish they'd finally sh*tcan Alexander and bring in some outside talent.

Bodine / Og / Fisher are equally replaceable IMO.

The announcer had it correct when stating they all played terrible and it was against a depleted Browns squad.

So are they going to stay the course going against competitive teams...  or not and make the changes now?!?!

These players should have their lockers cleaned out.  Not even worthy of playing backup.

Fools will repeat.   Gaah

I swear this team pisses me off even when they win sometimes.  

This game should be proving a point and not be just another W.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:08 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Makes me wonder how Whit overcame paul alexanders' " coaching" influences ?

I don't know why this made me think of it but a weird coincidence is that Whitworth, Boling, and Trey Hopkins all had the same offensive line coach in college.  All three I would say overachieved their draft positions here.  Stacey Searels is the oline coach and he's coaching the Hurricanes right now.  We should draft some Olineman from the U this draft.  
Reply/Quote

Pat Kirwan was in a discussion on the air with one of our fans a few weeks ago and made it VERY clear that Whit, without doubt, has more respect for Alexander than any line coach he ever had.
Reply/Quote
All I know is Andre Smith is my hero. Playing both LT & RT on a rotation, starting both halfs today & playing really well. He played well last week. So we only need three starting olineman in the draft next year instead of four. Cheers
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:03 PM)bonesaw Wrote: As much crap as people have given Andre Smith over the years.... he's a competitive mofo when that ball is snapped during a game.  He finds a way not to get beat.  Hip hip hooray for Andre.  Ced unfortunately seems like his mind is elsewhere.

Yeah we drafted this guy:

Weaknesses

Functional power and anchor are legitimate concerns. Technique flaws make pass protection harder than it has to be. Football leverage isn't as good as expected. Doesn't play with enough bend at impact. His punch in pass pro can be woefully mistimed and he plays with wide hands and some wasted motion in setup. Base tends to narrow when pass rush gets to his high side. Not a powerful tackle and won't generate much push as in-line blocker. Was one of the SEC leaders in sacks allowed in 2014. Tore his ACL in Aggies' bowl game, and won't be able to go through a full pre-draft workout for NFL personnel men.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pat Kirwan was in a discussion on the air with one of our fans a few weeks ago and made it VERY clear that Whit, without doubt, has more respect for Alexander than any line coach he ever had.

Why would anyone believe Pat Kirwan?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pat Kirwan was in a discussion on the air with one of our fans a few weeks ago and made it VERY clear that Whit, without doubt, has more respect for Alexander than any line coach he ever had.

Alexander was THE ONLY line coach Whitworth had in the NFL until this year with the Rams so that isn't saying much.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah we drafted this guy:

Weaknesses

Functional power and anchor are legitimate concerns. Technique flaws make pass protection harder than it has to be. Football leverage isn't as good as expected. Doesn't play with enough bend at impact. His punch in pass pro can be woefully mistimed and he plays with wide hands and some wasted motion in setup. Base tends to narrow when pass rush gets to his high side. Not a powerful tackle and won't generate much push as in-line blocker. Was one of the SEC leaders in sacks allowed in 2014. Tore his ACL in Aggies' bowl game, and won't be able to go through a full pre-draft workout for NFL personnel men.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355

This was all obvious at TAMU but he had that mythic size and athleticism. 
This comes into how the team asking the coaches to scout backfires. 
You can't coach and scout. Just can't. So you rely on other things you shouldn't lean on as much
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This was all obvious at TAMU but he had that mythic size and athleticism. 
This comes into how the team asking the coaches to scout backfires. 
You can't coach and scout. Just can't. So you rely on other things you shouldn't lean on as much

Yes! The coaches wouldn't have saw the sacks because we're so small of a scouting department that they can't go to games to scout during the season...so they scout workouts. They saw a big, athletic, prototype tackle...

THAT DIDN'T PERFORM ON THE FIELD.

And some fans think teams want to copy our model.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
he will be okay guys. he worked out with Jay Glazer n did some mma stuff. hes going to be totally different this year. looks athletic n gym shorts too...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:48 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: he will be okay guys.   he worked out with Jay Glazer n did some mma stuff.  hes going to be totally different this year.  looks athletic n gym shorts too...

Everyone knows that mma doesn't translate to offensive line play. Piano does though.  Hilarious

Tickling ivories is life.
Reply/Quote
He played more snaps than Fisher, as far as I saw...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote