Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy??
(10-01-2017, 11:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He played more snaps than Fisher, as far as I saw...

Yeah I thought Smith rotated in at RT and LT.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I thought Smith rotated in at RT and LT.

Indeed. He rotated, but I swear I saw more Ced than Fisher...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes! The coaches wouldn't have saw the sacks because we're so small of a scouting department that they can't go to games to scout during the season...so they scout workouts. They saw a big, athletic, prototype tackle...

THAT DIDN'T PERFORM ON THE FIELD.

And some fans think teams want to copy our model.  Hilarious

They drafted a center who did well at the combine in the strength area and crushed interviews. 
But game tape said...

It's a pattern right now. 
Reply/Quote
dont forget the great Olympian Stacy Andrews. he could throw a disc really far
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I really wish they'd finally sh*tcan Alexander and bring in some outside talent.

Bodine / Og / Fisher are equally replaceable IMO.

The announcer had it correct when stating they all played terrible and it was against a depleted Browns squad.

So are they going to stay the course going against competitive teams...  or not and make the changes now?!?!

These players should have their lockers cleaned out.  Not even worthy of playing backup.

Fools will repeat.   Gaah

I swear this team pisses me off even when they win sometimes.  

This game should be proving a point and not be just another W.

We are the Cincinnati Bengals.  We have lost plenty and the wins usually end up hurting too.

At the Brown family Golden Corral Sunday dinner, there is much jubilation.  Mike toasts the occasion, "Hey, at least we beat the Browns."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
How about the one sack where Jeffro went to double team a guy already blocked, ignoring the guy coming right at him on his clear path to dropping the QB?

Andre can only fix one postion and we've got three needing help. And how long can he stay healthy?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
There is no fix for this offensive line currently on our roster. The sooner the coaching staff realizes that, the sooner we can get some help. We cant keep shifting guys around, and promoting guys from the PS. Its just not working.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:38 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The offensive line is horrendous. I think Fisher is just as bad Ogbuehi to be honest with you but we don't have a 4th tackle on our roster to play over him. I knew he must have not been good last year when the Bengals tried Winston over him at RT when Ogbuehi got benched. Bodine still can't shotgun snap in year 4 or block for that matter. Westermen must really stink if Hopkins, TJ Johnson and even Redmen are ahead of him at guard.

(10-01-2017, 11:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I thought Smith rotated in at RT and LT.

Its a real mess at the moment....we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.  

There was a lot of talk pre season about not moving Ced/Fisher around so they get fully embedded at LT and RT.   But their play is so rough that they're look like they are moving people around just to try and find a serviceable line-up.

To be honest to be in week 4 and still not know your best OLine is really poor...if we settle on a stable line up it will be more through rolling the dice than actually a clear plan.

This will take free agency + high draft picks to resolve
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. He rotated, but I swear I saw more Ced than Fisher...

Like to see the snap count and positions played by everyone....to be honest it was hard to keep up with OLine changes plus follow the play.

I think I saw we had 2 LT's  (Ced, Dre)  ,  3 RG's (TJ, Redmond, Ced?) , 2 RT's  (Fisher, Dre, Ced too?).

That's a hell of a lot of swapping and changing even allowing for people being injured.

Zamp got binned for trying to be too clever, do too many things, mixing and matching (eg. at RB) ...think its fair to say going into week 5 you really should know our best (or least worst!) OLine
Reply/Quote
I think they have the worst identified. Just have to come up with a solution.
Reply/Quote
We'll draft offensive line this coming draft and move on from Ogbuehi and maybe even Fisher.

They've both been embarrassingly bad this year.

Thank god we signed Smith during the off season because he's been out best tackle by a mile this year.

This is why, when you have a player like Whitworth, you make sure he retires as a member of your team.

I'm still in shock that they let Whitworth go. You know Whit told them what LAR was offering before he signed and the Bengals probably said "well, we aren't paying that much, so good luck in LA."

Ughhh.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Done?  Did he ever really get started in the first place?

Seriously though, Cedric Ogbuehi is a talented guy.  He was terrific in college and I think it's hard for him to adjust to Paul Alexander's so-called "technique" which hasn't been effective for decades.

I don't know if I would call him "terrific" in college...he struggled with bull rushes there as well, but the offense was a spread system where he only had to make one move and for a very short amount of time.  There are just not very many pro-style offenses in college and more.

The Bengals wrongly believed they could make him stronger and he would be perfect:  strong and mobile, but he lacks the toughness and football IQ and just doesn't seem to be picking it up.  

Sad, but I think he will be replaced and they will have wasted a draft pick.  
Reply/Quote
Surprised to see nobody shitting on Bodine and how bad he's been. Yesterday included. Some of his shotgun snaps were awful.

And Smith was in over Fish for the most part from what I could see.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:37 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Surprised to see nobody shitting on Bodine and how bad he's been. Yesterday included. Some of his shotgun snaps were awful.

Well you must've not see mine.

Saying all three players Bodine / Fish / Og are replaceable and should have their lockers cleaned out.

That's a virtual shithawk flying head on into a shitnado.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can't find who posted it on Twitter now, but someone tweeted yesterday about how Lapham said Paul Alexander puts such an emphasis on technique and doesn't try to cater to each individual OL player's strengths at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:26 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: dont forget the great Olympian Stacy Andrews.  he could throw a disc really far

Billings is another guy that is incredibly strong but it hasn't really translated. Still time for him though.

If football were just as easy as drafting the guys that bench pressed the most...

Funny thing on Andrews is that because the Eagles signed him to a huge contract after he left...he's cited as one of Alexander's 'successes'.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We'll draft offensive line this coming draft and move on from Ogbuehi and maybe even Fisher.

They've both been embarrassingly bad this year.

Thank god we signed Smith during the off season because he's been out best tackle by a mile this year.

This is why, when you have a player like Whitworth, you make sure he retires as a member of your team.

I'm still in shock that they let Whitworth go. You know Whit told them what LAR was offering before he signed and the Bengals probably said "well, we aren't paying that much, so good luck in LA."

Ughhh.

The thing about drafting offensive line is the hit rate is 50% in the 1st Round. That means it's 50/50 if the Tackle you draft can actually play or is a bust.

Free agency seems a safer...yet more expensive route.

Plus, that will free up the 1st Round pick to be used on a WR or RB.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. He rotated, but I swear I saw more Ced than Fisher...

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/914868359614926849

Ced 48% of snaps.
Fisher 82%
Andre 70%
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:37 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Surprised to see nobody shitting on Bodine and how bad he's been. Yesterday included. Some of his shotgun snaps were awful.

I think it's because he's been criticized plenty since his rookie year and there's been practically no improvement, so complaining about Bodine has run its course.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it's because he's been criticized plenty since his rookie year and there's been practically no improvement, so complaining about Bodine has run its course.

Right. what else is there to say? everyone's been saying it since he got here.
Reply/Quote