Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy??
(10-02-2017, 12:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/914868359614926849

Ced 48% of snaps.
Fisher 82%
Andre 70%

You still high on Fisher after four games as you were after the first 1-2 games? Or do you believe he needs replaced after this year as well?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You still high on Fisher after four games as you were after the first 1-2 games? Or do you believe he needs replaced after this year as well?

I don't think you can replace 4/5ths of your OL in one year.
He's better than Ogbuehi. He's the least of the concerns as far as the "needs replaced" group goes. 

Boling - safe
Fisher - least bad
Westerman/Hopkins - we don't know yet
Johnson - bad
Bodine - Needs replaced this year
Ogbuehi - Needs replaced this year

If you get a legit LT in the draft and a legit center (difficult but should be the goal) you can make the OL work well enough. 

Fisher will give you a run of some really good plays then just completely **** up beyond words once. 

Ogbuehi gives you consistently bad play with the occasional "well that wasn't dog shit" play.
Reply/Quote
For Center...a guy like Wesley Johnson is a free agent. He's 26. Why not pay $3-4 million or so a year and really upgrade?

At LT, Nate Solder is the only guy that's a free agent. You know the Bengals will want former bust Greg Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/914868359614926849

Ced 48% of snaps.
Fisher 82%
Andre 70%

pretty sure not all of Ced's snaps were at LT either...if the trend continues he's just going to back up G/T for the rest of the way which for a rd1 pick who was kept as their heir apparent to Whit that sucks.

What particularly annoys me is that people were complaining about the money for Whit, yet to solve this problem in the medium term we would probably need to shell out for a free agent tackle in the offseason.

Difference being we knew what we had in Whit .vs. a free agent, plus we look like we have lost another year whilst we try and solve the problem properly Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Right. what else is there to say? everyone's been saying it since he got here.

Everyone except the bengals front office.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For Center...a guy like Wesley Johnson is a free agent. He's 26. Why not pay $3-4 million or so a year and really upgrade?

At LT, Nate Solder is the only guy that's a free agent. You know the Bengals will want former bust Greg Robinson.

Wesley Johnson hasn't been very good this year.

However, Corey Linsley has performed pretty well so far this year and was the starter last year over Tretter before injury.
John Sullivan has also performed pretty well for the Rams but he's old (33 next year).
Richburg and Spencer Long have also been solid but not great.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. He rotated, but I swear I saw more Ced than Fisher...

this is fake news. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't think you can replace 4/5ths of your OL in one year.
He's better than Ogbuehi. He's the least of the concerns as far as the "needs replaced" group goes. 

Boling - safe
Fisher - least bad
Westerman/Hopkins - we don't know yet
Johnson - bad
Bodine - Needs replaced this year
Ogbuehi - Needs replaced this year

If you get a legit LT in the draft and a legit center (difficult but should be the goal) you can make the OL work well enough. 

Fisher will give you a run of some really good plays then just completely **** up beyond words once. 

Ogbuehi gives you consistently bad play with the occasional "well that wasn't dog shit" play.

Would you consider sliding Fisher or Ogbuehi to RG and see Andre Smith back to start at one of the OT spots while drafting another OT? And then upgrading C via FA or Round 2/3?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:44 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: this is fake news. 

Go away.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:49 PM)sonofstat Wrote: pretty sure not all of Ced's snaps were at LT either...if the trend continues he's just going to back up G/T for the rest of the way which for a rd1 pick who was kept as their heir apparent to Whit that sucks.

What particularly annoys me is that people were complaining about the money for Whit, yet to solve this problem in the medium term we would probably need to shell out for a free agent tackle in the offseason.

Difference being we knew what we had in Whit .vs. a free agent, plus we look like we have lost another year whilst we try and solve the problem properly Sick

yeah but when you draft a first rounder to take over for someone...   You gotta play them at some point.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know if I would call him "terrific" in college...he struggled with bull rushes there as well, but the offense was a spread system where he only had to make one move and for a very short amount of time.  There are just not very many pro-style offenses in college and more.

The Bengals wrongly believed they could make him stronger and he would be perfect:  strong and mobile, but he lacks the toughness and football IQ and just doesn't seem to be picking it up.  

Sad, but I think he will be replaced and they will have wasted a draft pick.  

That's a good point about the proliferation of the spread and read option offenses in College FB, these days.  I've noticed that we aren't the only team to have drafted a bust at Tackle, in recent years.  Could be of concern that not as many "top" college tackles are NFL ready.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you consider sliding Fisher or Ogbuehi to RG and see Andre Smith back to start at one of the OT spots while drafting another OT? And then upgrading C via FA or Round 2/3?

No. 
1. Ogbuehi's issues would only be magnified at guard. Moving a tackle to guard is not some magic cure all. 
2. Moving players around early is why Fisher is so delayed in development anyways. Making him some gadget player at FB, TE and then moving him from LT to RT isn't helping anyone. 
3. Andre should just be the LT from here out. Let Fisher develop at RT. Draft a LT. The team needs to stop getting in their own way 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but when you draft a first rounder to take over for someone...   You gotta play them at some point.

We did and he sucked the team new he could not replace Whitworth and they did it anyways for no reason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a good point about the proliferation of the spread and read option offenses in College FB, these days.  I've noticed that we aren't the only team to have drafted a bust at Tackle, in recent years.  Could be of concern that not as many "top" college tackles are NFL ready.

It's tough to evaluate them to as they may go against an NFL caliber DE what once or twice a season?

In the NFL they have to face powerful DE's and quick LB's.
Reply/Quote
so when can we start using the "bust" word on him. or does he get another chance at his "natural" position since this is rookie year
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:14 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: so when can we start using the "bust" word on him.  or does he get another chance at his "natural" position since this is rookie year

I think it's time. Although Dennard and Kirkpatrick took until their what 4th/5th seasons to play well?
Reply/Quote
Played less than 50% of the snaps on Sunday. Looks like the end is coming for him unless they try him at guard and see if something sticks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:50 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We did and he sucked the team new he could not replace Whitworth and they did it anyways for no reason.

Theres always a reason....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Played less than 50% of the snaps on Sunday. Looks like the end is coming for him unless they try him at guard and see if something sticks.

I honestly think he'd be worse at guard. 
I know that might sound a bit strange, considering how bad he is at tackle...
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I honestly think he'd be worse at guard. 
I know that might sound a bit strange, considering how bad he is at tackle...

Agreed.

Lack of physicality/strength seems to be his big weakness so the thought of him going against some behemoth DT or NT on the inside is not appealing.

Besides if he went to guard that would mean the right side of our line was Bodine - Ced - Fisher which I think would be considered illegal on humanitarian grounds in certain states and so prohibited....
Reply/Quote