Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oh For The Love Of God, Get This Right Mike!
Mike McCarthy is already scheduled to interview in Cleveland. Come on! Mike Brown needs to call McCarthy’s agent like ten minutes ago. I’m a firm believer that for Cincinnati to get to the Super Bowl it’s important to have a head coach who has won a Super Bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you're going to dream about insane things you may as well have Mike Brown hoist the Lombardi and then hand it to you.

Exactly.

Mike brown definitely wants to win a SB...

And hes running out of time to do it his way.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mike brown definitely wants to win a SB...

I don't see anything to make me believe that he wants to win one, but to each his own. The fact that he is the GM 20 years after the Akili Smith debacle makes it clear where his priorities lie.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mike brown definitely wants to win a SB...

(12-31-2018, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see anything to make me believe that he wants to win one, but to each his own.  The fact that he is the GM 20 years after the Akili Smith debacle makes it clear where his priorities lie.

The key is in the wording ! 

Would Mike like to win a SB ? sure

Does Mike want to win a SB ? As in want it really bad ? Deep down in desire ? Covet above all else, want it ? NO
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1079797828053069826

Lazor can't even produce a great offense.Jackson is Jackson and Simmons for HC? Is this going to be another lazy hire on Brown's part?

Hey man, even Marv wasn't a lazy hire, just quit crying and celebrate brother.

No need to hurry this hire, take our time and evaluate the best guys out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:29 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Exactly.  Hire any of those guys and it not going to stop the attendance-drop next year.  There will be 35-40k average attendance with a last-place team and a weak home schedule....they have to make a splash with this hire. 

The Pittsburgh playoff disaster deflated the fanbase and the Bengals have only further alienated the fanbase over the past 3 years.  Starting completely over is the only way to get people to buy-in that things are going to be different. 

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike McCarthy is already scheduled to interview in Cleveland.  Come on!  Mike Brown needs to call McCarthy’s agent like ten minutes ago.  I’m a firm believer that for Cincinnati to get to the Super Bowl it’s important to have a head coach who has won a Super Bowl.

Would be fine with McCarthy. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The key is in the wording ! 

Would Mike like to win a SB ? sure

Does Mike want to win a SB ? As in want it really bad ? Deep down in desire ? Covet above all else, want it ? NO

I get it.  He WANTS to win a SB like a guy who eats a gallon of ice cream every day and lives in his mom's basement and spends all his time arguing on the internet wants to be a lean mean sex machine.  I'm just assuming all that, of course.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: In fairness, the Bengals beat two playoff teams in the Colts and Ravens before getting gutted by injuries.  This team has holes, but it has plenty of good players, too.  We know that Mike wouldn't fire Marvin as a scapegoat for a bad roster, so his rationale has to be that the team is underperforming based on it's talent level.

Almost every team looks at internal candidates, so I don't really think we can read too much into this.

I don't think the Bengals are planning on taxpayer money for a new stadium, as that's no longer the norm around the league like it was when PBS was built.  Katie has said that PBS will be adequate for another 20-30 years and the team recently paid for renovations that the county is obligated to pay for in the lease agreement.  And Jesus, look how long it took Mike to can Marv.  Who really thinks he has it in him to move the team?
fair points but the Colts and Ravens are much different teams than when we played them.

And if the franchise continues to deteriorate, they will easily be convinced to move some where with a new stadium, tax incentives etc. just like Model did the unthinkable and move the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Now I’m Sicilian and I have a bit of a mean streak. If Cleveland doesn’t retain Gregg Williams and/or Freddie Kitchens I would urge Mike Brown to interview them for defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator, respectively. They sure were creative on a roster with very few star players.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now I’m Sicilian and I have a bit of a mean streak.  If Cleveland doesn’t retain Gregg Williams and/or Freddie Kitchens I would urge Mike Brown to interview them for defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator, respectively.  They sure were creative on a roster with very few star players.

This would be a good idea i think, liked what these guys did with the Stains this year.

Think it would be dumb for them to not hire Gregg Williams as their HC for atleast a year after what he did.

But it is the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but I couldn't support a guy that paid his players to intentionally hurt guys on other teams. I don't care how long ago it was.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This would be a good idea i think, liked what these guys did with the Stains this year.

Think it would be dumb for them to not hire Gregg Williams as their HC for atleast a year after what he did.

But it is the Browns.

Cleveland won’t hire Gregg Williams as head coach. 2018 will be remembered as a one-off flash in the pan season for the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Sorry but I couldn't support a guy that paid his players to intentionally hurt guys on other teams.  I don't care how long ago it was.

That was some dirty stuff no doubt.

Probably would make me want to stay away myself.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The other guy in Wham!

Mike Brown to fans:  "Don't wake me up before you go go."
Reply/Quote
Enjoy the unknown while you can folks. Once Hue gets the job the fun is over.
Reply/Quote
Crossroads...seem to come and go...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Enjoy the unknown while you can folks. Once Hue gets the job the fun is over.

Then why even waste time with a search when all they had to do was yell down the hall?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan he could win a playoff game next year with this roster that's all I want
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Enjoy the unknown while you can folks. Once Hue gets the job the fun is over.

Sorry, I just can't get on board with that line of thinking.  Looking at this logically, Hue Jackson chose to jump ship and go coach a division rival, when it was said that he had already been contingently offered the Bengals HC position, upon Marvin's retirement.  Now, Mike Brown has shown to be stubborn and hard headed indeed, but the one quality that he seems to value above all others is loyalty.  If anyone thinks that Mike Brown is just itching to hand Hue Jackson the keys to the castle, after he chose to jump ship to a rival, then you might not have as much insight into this organization as you might think.

Hue Jackson is Marvin Lewis' friend, not Mike Brown's friend.  I'd almost be willing to bet my entire next year's pay, that Bringing in Hue Jackson, after he was canned by the Browns was completely Marvin's idea.  And, it might have been a part of what ultimately led to Mike and Marvin parting ways today.  When the cocky, rookie QB of your in-State rival is trolling your bench up and down the sideline because you brought the loser that jumped ship right on back into the fold, it's just not a good look.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote