Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oh For The Love Of God, Get This Right Mike!
(12-31-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry, I just can't get on board with that line of thinking.  Looking at this logically, Hue Jackson chose to jump ship and go coach a division rival, when it was said that he had already been contingently offered the Bengals HC position, upon Marvin's retirement.  Now, Mike Brown has shown to be stubborn and hard headed indeed, but the one quality that he seems to value above all others is loyalty.  If anyone thinks that Mike Brown is just itching to hand Hue Jackson the keys to the castle, after he chose to jump ship to a rival, then you might not have as much insight into this organization as you might think.

Hue Jackson is Marvin Lewis' friend, not Mike Brown's friend.  I'd almost be willing to bet my entire next year's pay, that Bringing in Hue Jackson, after he was canned by the Browns was completely Marvin's idea.  And, it might have been a part of what ultimately led to Mike and Marvin parting ways today.  When the cocky, rookie QB of your in-State rival is trolling your bench up and down the sideline because you brought the loser that jumped ship right on back into the fold, it's just not a good look.

I’d go further & say Cleveland is Cincinnati’s/Mike’s prime rival, given the history/disdain his father surely had for that club.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’d go further & say Cleveland is Cincinnati’s/Mike’s prime rival, given the history/disdain his father surely had for that club.

No doubt.  Lose as many as you want to Pittsburgh.  Get swept by the Browns and yer ass is outa here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: Then why even waste time with a search when all they had to do was yell down the hall?

Yeah, makes no sense the more i think about it. This was my only concern that we were going to hire Hue.

(12-31-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry, I just can't get on board with that line of thinking.  Looking at this logically, Hue Jackson chose to jump ship and go coach a division rival, when it was said that he had already been contingently offered the Bengals HC position, upon Marvin's retirement.  Now, Mike Brown has shown to be stubborn and hard headed indeed, but the one quality that he seems to value above all others is loyalty.  If anyone thinks that Mike Brown is just itching to hand Hue Jackson the keys to the castle, after he chose to jump ship to a rival, then you might not have as much insight into this organization as you might think.

Hue Jackson is Marvin Lewis' friend, not Mike Brown's friend.  I'd almost be willing to bet my entire next year's pay, that Bringing in Hue Jackson, after he was canned by the Browns was completely Marvin's idea.  And, it might have been a part of what ultimately led to Mike and Marvin parting ways today.  When the cocky, rookie QB of your in-State rival is trolling your bench up and down the sideline because you brought the loser that jumped ship right on back into the fold, it's just not a good look.

You are just full of common sense Sunset. Love it brother. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike McCarthy is already scheduled to interview in Cleveland.  Come on!  Mike Brown needs to call McCarthy’s agent like ten minutes ago.  I’m a firm believer that for Cincinnati to get to the Super Bowl it’s important to have a head coach who has won a Super Bowl.

Personally don't want McCarthy either. 
Reply/Quote

You could be right about that. I thought Mayfield was a punk before that and an even bigger classless punk after that, even if it was Hue. There were no reasons for Hue to be brought back here, unless Merv had already planned on leaving and pulling 1 last string to make Hue our HC. Did he even do anything, other than stand on the sidelines?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are just full of common sense Sunset. Love it brother. :andy:

Well, I went to the gym, about an hour or so after the news broke, this morning.  I do some of my best thinking when I'm training, and alone with my thoughts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Per Lance word around PBS after news broke today they are looking for young, offensive minded, big name HC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Truth
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Per Lance word around PBS after news broke today they are looking for young, offensive minded, big name HC.

Oh, please let this be true.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Per Lance word around PBS after news broke today they are looking for young, offensive minded, big name HC.

Great! Guys like Hue, Simmons, or Lazor would be underwhelming!

We need an outside guy to come in and install a system that can win here. We need tweaks on how we do practices. We probably need a new Strength and Conditioning Team too.

Time to clean house.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Personally don't want McCarthy either. 

Funny how we all think Mikey is going to do the right thing but all he is doing so far is interviewing Hue, Simmons and LAzor……
That will get the fans buzzing again right!???
If Cleveland hires McCArthy, I say we interview Greg Williams...and let Baker have 2 guys to peer at  ..LOL
Reply/Quote
I would like the search to include hot college prospects for the HC vacant position for the Bengals.

1-Pat Fitzgerald
2-Jim Harbaugh
3-Riley
4-Dabo Swinney

Current NFL Coaches
1-Zac Taylor (QB coach for Rams)
2-Vic Fangio (Bears DC)
3-Eric Bieniemy (OC Kansas)

I think they should draft Haskins if he is there and let him sit a year behind Dalton.

I could see Vance J as DC and Hue as OC. Don't want it but I could see it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Funny how we all think Mikey is going to do the right thing but all he is doing so far is interviewing Hue, Simmons and LAzor……
If Cleveland hires McCArthy, I say we interview Greg Williams...and let Baker have 2 guys to peer at  ..LOL

McCarthy is a good hire for Cleveland. That said, I don't think he's a good hire for us if that makes sense.

He's kind of a guy we'd be settling with...but we could do much worse...like Hue, Simmons, or Lazor.
Reply/Quote

Tj Houshmandzadeh is technically that guy, and a nice way for Mikey to troll us.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:07 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, Simmons scares me, though.  They're always talking him up.  

Hell... He's my pick of that litter...

Pun intended.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I went to the gym, about an hour or so after the news broke, this morning.  I do some of my best thinking when I'm training, and alone with my thoughts.

I heard your spotter told gave you all of that wisdom as you were sulking...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Funny how we all think Mikey is going to do the right thing but all he is doing so far is interviewing Hue, Simmons and LAzor……

Baker's ***** ass head would explode if we brought on Lincoln Riley...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For all of the MB haters, he hired a coach who took over a very bad football team, has lots of playoff appearances and a winning record in spite of the lousy team he inherited.

I know ML had no playoff wins, but he brought a franchise back to being competitive. There are not as many 16 year HC's for the same team in the history of the league. Did MB hang on too long? Yes, but prior to last 3 years ML was one of best HC in league during regular season.

So my point is ML made a great hire, he was just too loyal to him the past few years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For all of the MB haters, he hired a coach who took over a very bad football team, has lots of playoff appearances and a winning record in spite of the lousy team he inherited.

I know ML had no playoff wins, but he brought a franchise back to being competitive. There are not as many 16 year HC's for the same team in the history of the league. Did MB hang on too long? Yes, but prior to last 3 years ML was one of best HC in league during regular season.

So my point is ML made a great hire, he was just too loyal to him the past few years.

I can buy that.

By too loyal...you see most teams fire a coach after 3-4 years of no playoff wins. Some coaches get 1 year.

Marvin did atleast make us competitive. But 0-7 in the playoffs is just insane. We should have won 1 by accident.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:49 PM)jason Wrote: I heard your spotter told gave you all of that wisdom as you were sulking...

Ha, that's actually pretty funny.  I really don't have a training partner, or even a "regular spotter".  Partners always let me down at some point, and I usually just recruit one of the trusted regulars, if I'm going to test any training limits.  I just started prepping for a contest in April, on Saturday.  We still have about 10 weeks before I'll be needing any spotting.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote