Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State defense
(11-17-2018, 06:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is it weird to be disgusted by a win?  Stupid decision by their coach. And to put it in the hands of a QB who is really not that good. OSU should drop in the rankings.

No

(11-17-2018, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When Greg Schiano starts updating his resume, for his next job interview, he should likely leave out that section on serving as DC at Ohio St.   Mellow

The worst defensive showing I've seen from an Ohio St. team in a long time, just awful all the way around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No

The worst defensive showing I've seen from an Ohio St. team in a long time, just awful all the way around.

Are you sure?  Let's not forget Iowa last year, Purdue this year, Oklahoma last year, and that 31-0 embarrassment to Clemson..  Hell, they almost let TCU get away from them, early this season.

Schiano freakin' blows.  He got lucky with a couple of decent draft classes at Rutgers, and has now made a career and small fortune for being a great double talker. Mellow  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure?  Let's not forget Iowa last year, Purdue this year, Oklahoma last year, and that 31-0 embarrassment to Clemson..  Hell, they almost let TCU get away from them, early this season.

Schiano freakin' blows.  He got lucky with a couple of decent draft classes at Rutgers, and has now made a career and small fortune for being a great double talker. Mellow  

Giving up 298 yards rushing to one back, over 200 yards in the 1st half ! 365 yards on 34 carries by the top 3 rushers. That's 10.7 yards a carry and they didn't even try an adjust !

Yes at or very near one of the most pitiful defensive showings I've seen. 

Over 10 yards a carry !!!!!
Reply/Quote
You know it's bad when Teryl Austin is yelling at the TV about how bad Ohio State's defense was today.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Giving up 298 yards rushing to one back, over 200 yards in the 1st half ! 365 yards on 34 carries by the top 3 rushers. That's 10.7 yards a carry and they didn't even try an adjust !

Yes at or very near one of the most pitiful defensive showings I've seen. 

Over 10 yards a carry !!!!!

The last time they gave up 300 (or close to) to a back was Tim Biakabatuka, of Michigan, back in the John Cooper days.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So I had to record the game, and I added 30 minutes to the recording time to cover anything running long.

I jumped in the car this afternoon expecting it was over, and the Sirius radio was on the channel so I heard everything that transpired in OT.

I was just watching the recording, and it ended just as Maryland was about to take the lead at the end of the game.

How did the offense look going down to tie the game?

Efficient? Or was it luck that they tied it?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 01:16 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I had to record the game, and I added 30 minutes to the recording time to cover anything running long.

I jumped in the car this afternoon expecting it was over, and the Sirius radio was on the channel so I heard everything that transpired in OT.

I was just watching the recording, and it ended just as Maryland was about to take the lead at the end of the game.

How did the offense look going down to tie the game?

Efficient? Or was it luck that they tied it?

Went right down the field. Face mask helped them, but probably wasn’t necessary for them to score. Think maybe Maryland had a holding call in the red zone by #2. Thank God for that guy. Multiple penalties which was apparently the only way he could cover someone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 01:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The last time they gave up 300 (or close to) to a back was Tim Biakabatuka, of Michigan, back in the John Cooper days.

Never forget that team or game. Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Orlando Pace, Shawn Springs and on and on.

The National Championship team that wasn't, Cooper had a couple of them.
Reply/Quote
So, with Meyer's health becoming a constant go-to for the media each week, I'm starting to wonder about it. Is it really that serious? Is Meyer in constant pain during the games, or is he just perplexed that the defense continues to make superstars out of nobodies?

The reason I'm curious, is that there is much speculation, in many circles, that Meyer will step away at the end of the season. So much to the point that there is even a rumored "short list" of desired candidates to take over for Urban Meyer, with Iowa St's Matt Campbell at the top, and OSU's Ryan Dey being a close second. I'm beginning to wonder if this whole thing isn't already a "done-deal", and the health issues just provide a graceful way for Urban to step away, similar to how he left Florida?

It's pretty common knowledge that wealthy alumni donors are who really pull the levers for big decisions in these major college programs, and the rumor coming from the alumni whispers that Urban is out.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Never forget that team or game. Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Orlando Pace, Shawn Springs and on and on.

The National Championship team that wasn't, Cooper had a couple of them.

Cooper was the greatest assembler of talent, with the exception of one position, Quarterback.  I always felt that there was just something off about Coop's personality that led top QBs to either not trust him, or just not buy into the system he wanted them to run.  If that guy could have won over the heart and confidence of a top QB recruit, he may have had a couple titles.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, with Meyer's health becoming a constant go-to for the media each week, I'm starting to wonder about it. Is it really that serious? Is Meyer in constant pain during the games, or is he just perplexed that the defense continues to make superstars out of nobodies?

The reason I'm curious, is that there is much speculation, in many circles, that Meyer will step away at the end of the season. So much to the point that there is even a rumored "short list" of desired candidates to take over for Urban Meyer, with Iowa St's Matt Campbell at the top, and OSU's Ryan Dey being a close second. I'm beginning to wonder if this whole thing isn't already a "done-deal", and the health issues just provide a graceful way for Urban to step away, similar to how he left Florida?

It's pretty common knowledge that wealthy alumni donors are who really pull the levers for big decisions in these major college programs, and the rumor coming from the alumni whispers that Urban is out.

He may have been in physical pain yesterday, but those expressions were a lot of WTF?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He may have been in physical pain yesterday, but those expressions were a lot of WTF?

With the way the defense has been playing this season, it's enough to make anyone sick.  ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, with Meyer's health becoming a constant go-to for the media each week, I'm starting to wonder about it.  Is it really that serious?  Is Meyer in constant pain during the games, or is he just perplexed that the defense continues to make superstars out of nobodies?  

The reason I'm curious, is that there is much speculation, in many circles, that Meyer will step away at the end of the season.  So much to the point that there is even a rumored "short list" of desired candidates to take over for Urban Meyer, with Iowa St's Matt Campbell at the top, and OSU's Ryan Dey being a close second.  I'm beginning to wonder if this whole thing isn't already a "done-deal", and the health issues just provide a graceful way for Urban to step away, similar to how he left Florida?

Bingo ! Been thinking the same thing myself and I'm hearing the same thing. Believe Meyer is all but gone and hopefully Schiano as well.

I can't quite sum it up in 25 words or less but I fully believe these coaches, except Dey have lost the players. There's just something not right, the connection is broken, the desire isn't there among the players.

I wouldn't have dreamed I'd being saying this a couple years ago but I think Meyer needs to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 01:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bingo ! Been thinking the same thing myself and I'm hearing the same thing. Believe Meyer is all but gone and hopefully Schiano as well.

I can't quite sum it up in 25 words or less but I fully believe these coaches, except Dey have lost the players. There's just something not right, the connection is broken, the desire isn't there among the players.

I wouldn't have dreamed I'd being saying this a couple years ago but I think Meyer needs to go.

The last truly "hard effort" I've seen, was in the Penn St. game.  Ever since, they've mailed in every road game performance.  They seem to play well at home, likely out of loyalty to the fans.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 01:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The last truly "hard effort" I've seen, was in the Penn St. game.  Ever since, they've mailed in every road game performance.  They seem to play well at home, likely out of loyalty to the fans.

I was just thinking about that last night.

With the exception of the Nebraska game, they've been damn good at The Shoe.

Hopefully that continues next week!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, with Meyer's health becoming a constant go-to for the media each week, I'm starting to wonder about it.  Is it really that serious?  Is Meyer in constant pain during the games, or is he just perplexed that the defense continues to make superstars out of nobodies?  

The reason I'm curious, is that there is much speculation, in many circles, that Meyer will step away at the end of the season.  So much to the point that there is even a rumored "short list" of desired candidates to take over for Urban Meyer, with Iowa St's Matt Campbell at the top, and OSU's Ryan Dey being a close second.  I'm beginning to wonder if this whole thing isn't already a "done-deal", and the health issues just provide a graceful way for Urban to step away, similar to how he left Florida?

I truly believe the Board of Trustees will ask Urban to step down and they will allow him to resign with dignity by saying for health reasons. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I truly believe the Board of Trustees will ask Urban to step down and they will allow him to resign with dignity by saying for health reasons. 

It can get much much worse.  Ask Nebraska.

Reply/Quote
Hey Bucknuts!

Its Meat-chicken week with all the marbles on the line for the Big 10 East.  Who's going to win the right to lose to the kitty Kats of Northern Chicago?   :)

Who do you hate more?  The Meat-chicken Skunkbears or the Pissburgh steAlers?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Hey Bucknuts!

Its Meat-chicken week with all the marbles on the line for the Big 10 East.  Who's going to win the right to lose to the kitty Kats of Northern Chicago?   :)

Who do you hate more?  The Meat-chicken Skunkbears or the Pissburgh steAlers?

Always the Steelers.  I don't like losing to Michigan, but their fan base doesn't approach the Steelers..  Unfortunately it's the OSU fan base that most resembles the Steelers fan base.

Reply/Quote
Well can the Buckeyes D pull their head kinda out of their @zz and make this somewhat of a game ?
Reply/Quote