Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio Weed Vote
(10-30-2015, 10:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: isnt an amendment to the consititution a change to the consitution which is the law?

Definintion: a change or addition to a legal or statutory document.

The only way you can change the constitution is through an amendment.  The legislature could not change this.  You would have to have another amendment do that, so why don't we skip all of that, and make an amendment that makes sense.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I think these lawmakers and those that have them in their pockets are going to get what they want here. Folks will just see "legalize it" and vote yes. They will not care about the specifics.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-30-2015, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The only way you can change the constitution is through an amendment.  The legislature could not change this.  You would have to have another amendment do that, so why don't we skip all of that, and make an amendment that makes sense.  

Because it would be a lot easier to let everyone grow it than it would be to legalize it.
(10-30-2015, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think these lawmakers and those that have them in their pockets are going to get what they want here. Folks will just see "legalize it" and vote yes. They will not care about the specifics.

The specifics only effect a few people, and would easier to change than it would be to legalize. How hard would it be to make a new amendment saying that everyone could grow something that's already legal?
Call me crazy, but I just can't see Ohio to be the 3rd state (or 10th for that matter) to legalize herb.  I think we will finally do it just before states like Alabama and Mississippi.  They've done a hell of a job making what should be a simple issue slightly confusing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-30-2015, 09:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The specifics only effect a few people, and would easier to change than it would be to legalize. How hard would it be to make a new amendment saying that everyone could grow something that's already legal?

Because it would  still not be legal. There is no higher court an Ohio citizen could appeal to.

When the best support of passing a law is that we can change it once it is passed; then it is a law that should not be passed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Vote NO on 3!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

I'm still voting no on 2 and 3. After glancing over issue 1 though, it appears to be the most important (and consequently complex) issue of the three (total) that are on the ballot. I'm going to have to do some research tonight.

The reason I say issue 1 is the most important out of all of them is because redistricting has a huge impact at all levels of governance. We all have a duty to fully understand and and make an informed decision on issue 1.
The state that gave us Barack Obama should at least give the Midwest legal weed to make up for it.
(11-02-2015, 11:04 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Vote NO on 3!

Yes on 3 no on 2...

Unless you have your own Green Farm plan.....
(11-02-2015, 02:55 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The state that gave us Barack Obama should at least give the Midwest legal weed to make up for it.

You'd think the government, as a whole, would legalize it so we might tolerate their nonsense a bit more.
Stoned sheep would have to be desirable, would they not ?
(not implying everyone would go to the excess of being incoherent, but it does make everything go down easier)

(10-30-2015, 09:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The specifics only effect a few people, and would easier to change than it would be to legalize. How hard would it be to make a new amendment saying that everyone could grow something that's already legal?

everyone can grown their own if 3 passes.... up to so many plants with a liscense.

(10-30-2015, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The only way you can change the constitution is through an amendment. The legislature could not change this. You would have to have another amendment do that, so why don't we skip all of that, and make an amendment that makes sense.

Because that could take 10 more years....

Its taken quiet a few years just to get this to the ballet.
(11-02-2015, 03:00 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You'd think the government, as a whole, would legalize it so we might tolerate their nonsense a bit more.
Stoned sheep would have to be desirable, would they not ?
(not implying everyone would go to the excess of being incoherent, but it does make everything go down easier)

More desirable than "drunk sheep"?  I'm a lot more coherent stoned than I am drunk.  

I think the real reason is the status quo works out pretty well for them.  Why cause a big stink if you don't have to?  That would take courage and conviction.  
(11-02-2015, 04:16 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: More desirable than "drunk sheep"?  I'm a lot more coherent stoned than I am drunk.  

I think the real reason is the status quo works out pretty well for them.  Why cause a big stink if you don't have to?  That would take courage and conviction.  

Fair point.
I understand now I should have included alcohol into the equation, as not to seem to be attacking anyone.
Sedated would had been far more appropriate.
Heck, I suppose video games could even be considered as a sedative to keep us from becoming overly concerned in politics.

I'm thinking Congress had "courage" and "conviction" stricken from Webster's.
Ninja
I doubt issue 3 will pass, because even people for legalization don't like the bill. I'm still voting yes on 3, but I already know the result lol.
Voted yes for issue 3. Ending prohibition is more important then worrying about were the money goes. Way too many people in jail for smoking, helps ill people and it doesn't force citizens to deal with a dealer illegally because they enjoy smoking.

There is big money in pot so it's no coincidence it's going to attract investors who aren't interested in the cause for the right reasons but that's the way politics works in the USA right now. There's nothing stopping an adult from growing more then enough to supply themselves (4 plants.) if they are worried about giving their money to businesses..
It's a real shame that issue 2 passes. Now we will have a 5 person panel that will be able to say what is and what isn't going to be on the ballot. Even if ohio gets 500k signatures they can still say it can't go on the ballot. It's a real blow to our freedom imo. I knew issue 3 probably won't pass, but I really was hoping that issue 2 wouldn't pass. It actually really pisses me off that the polititians pulled a fast one on us.
That thing got obliterated. Now maybe we can get an amendment that is less a business deal, and more about legalizing marijuana.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-04-2015, 02:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That thing got obliterated.  Now maybe we can get an amendment that is less a business deal, and more about legalizing marijuana.

Should be interesting to see how many left out entrepreneurs step up to the plate to try to get it legalized for all.  
So I'm curious as to what is to stop the feds from coming to some marijuana farm, confiscating everything, and arresting the owner as a major kingpin? Have they given some sort of nod to it that they won't do this?