No
80.77%
21 80.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay is Dalton an elite QB?
Dalton threw 4 picks today. I asked this question a few years ago. Some posters thought he is elite. Look at Cam rushing for touchdowns along with other QB's. I say he is just average. What do you say?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Of course not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Ever notice Dalton is usually not picked in the early rounds of fantasy football. There is a reason.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Cam Newton is better than Dalton but Dalton is having a solid year. He's playing above average this season. He's not elite. No sane person thinks he's elite.
Reply/Quote
I consider elite a top 5 at their position player. I would only consider AJ and Geno elite under that criteria.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:44 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Cam Newton is better than Dalton but Dalton is having a solid year. He's playing above average this season. He's not elite. No sane person thinks he's elite.

A couple of those throws on the move today were some of the nicest plays I’ve ever seen him make. I wish he’d do more of that instead of getting happy feet and panicking.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:37 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dalton threw 4 picks today. I asked this question a few years ago. Some posters thought he is elite. Look at Cam rushing for touchdowns along with other QB's. I say he is just average. What do you say?

What i say is...i still don't get what goes on in some fans heads, most of the time. 

There's no point in his career that he should be considered elite. Not now, not last week, not even in '15. You have to have more than one year to be considered an elite QB. 2015 he was at the top, but an injury ended his year prematurely. I would put him in the 10-14 range.

So no, he's not and it's not even worthy of a discussion. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This is just a troll thread from a Dalton hater.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:55 AM)Joelist Wrote: This is just a troll thread from a Dalton hater.

What’s your answer though?

Reply/Quote
No, but he is a very good QB.
Reply/Quote
At his best he is at his very worst he is putrid; so no I don't think he is elite. Not sure why you waited till is four interception game to bring this up and not his 4 TD game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:40 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: At his best he is at his very worst he is putrid; so no I don't think he is elite. Not sure why you waited  till is four interception game to bring this up and not his 4 TD game.

Because he is a Dalton hater and is trolling. 
Reply/Quote
He’s not elite he’s honestly probably around 10-13 range of QBs but with a good team we could disguise him as elite
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
That's a Clown question bro.
Reply/Quote
Got any other questions with super obvious answers for us while we're here?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:37 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dalton threw 4 picks today.

All he has to do to cut that number in half is stop throwing the ball to Ross. You could tell Andy was picking his words very carefully when asked about it in the post game. He didn't throw Ross under the bus, but you could see it in his eyes as he said they all have to do better.....
Reply/Quote
Dalton is not elite but he's having a great year and is a good QB. Not sure if you made this tread because he threw 4 picks today ? Trust me Dalton was not the problem today the defense was. The 4 interception stat line is misleading. One int was from a hail mary, one from a defected ball that a D-line intercepted and one was from John Ross just completely giving up on a route.
Reply/Quote
*sigh*
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I consider elite a top 5 at their position player. I would only consider AJ and Geno elite under that criteria.

This. He's a good QB but certainly not elite. Cam is a good QB but certainly not elite. No QB in the AFC north is elite at this point in their careers in my opinion. 

Not sure what the point of this thread was though. 
Reply/Quote
No, Andy Dalton is not elite — and I’m done with him. I defended him since 2011 but he’s not the long term solution in Cincinnati. Let’s trade him while his value is high and the rest of the league thinks he’s still good. He’s not a playoff caliber quarterback.
Reply/Quote