Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
It's called "squealing" people... have we not learned anything from this board? Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: You will cease all moaning and bitching immediately. Mellow
Everyone on here,all the die hard fans,yes I have done my share of what the f on just why Jonah Williams gets hurt bad enough to have season ending surgery when he played his arse off at Bama and was the best with no noticeable injuries,it just causes us fans to just go crazy when this crap happens every pickin year and you just have to think the team is cursed and or snake bit and the guy has not reached out to any of us that I am aware of and just give the fans a shout out.I seriously do not believe most of these players give a hoot about fans.Its all about the dollars.We are an after thought.Hopefully ZT has enough fire in him to make a positive impact on the team,for a few years anyways.I am waiting on TC. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 06:36 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I seriously do not believe most of these players give a hoot about fans. Its all about the dollars

I don't know what you expect.  The NFL is not a service industry that works directly with clients.  Instead the produce a product for you to buy, just like General Motors.  General Motors employees would not have jobs if no one bought their cars, but if I buy a Corvette I am not going to whine and cry because no GM employees are hitting me up on twitter or trying to be my bestie.

It is even more absurd when you consider how much time you spend here shitting on certain players.  Why the hell would they care about your feelings?  All they should be required to do is put in their best effort to provide a quality product, and that has nothing to do with giving you their medical history.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It's called "squealing" people...  have we not learned anything from this board?  Whatever

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know what you expect.  The NFL is not a service industry that works directly with clients.  Instead the produce a product for you to buy, just like General Motors.  General Motors employees would not have jobs if no one bought their cars, but if I buy a Corvette I am not going to whine and cry because no GM employees are hitting me up on twitter or trying to be my bestie.

It is even more absurd when you consider how much time you spend here shitting on certain players.  Why the hell would they care about your feelings?  All they should be required to do is put in their best effort to provide a quality product, and that has nothing to do with giving you their medical history.

But your same reasoning is why some people started out loving Chevy but went to Ford or vice versa. If it’s a business, you need the best workers to compete with the competition. And the employees have to care about being number 1, or it doesn’t happen and they get laid off and become alcoholics because their stressed out that they once had a good paycheck but crapped it away because they put the “I” in team. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 04:33 PM)GenoSackins Wrote: You should read your gamethread comments. 

a) This is not the game thread - everyone pretty much knows the game thread is much more "in the moment".

b) I haven't been overly up or down in the game thread for a while.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think I speak for everyone who has ever shared a gameday thread with the OP:

[Image: pot-kettle-black.jpg?w=455]

a) False equivalency. Jungle Noise is not Gameday. 

b) I calmed down in those threads a while ago. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You will cease all moaning and bitching immediately. Mellow

Beatings will continue until morale improves.
Reply/Quote
Vegas has the win total for the over/under at 6.

They're probably right, with or without Williams. Fans will continue to complain until the team improves. It's just the way it goes.
We've got nowhere to go but up. So let's have hope for players such as Dalton, Green, Atkins and of course, the fans.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
U
(07-01-2019, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As can a bad RT with the increase in elite pass rushers at LDE.
As can a bad IOL with the increase in elite pass rushers at DT.
Basically, teams figured out the pass rushing doesn't have to come from just one side and now all the other positions on the OL are becoming that much more important (and pricey).

And the Bengals stand to suck at at least two of those three positions. This is looking like a 50-60+ sack season. If the team plays from behind a bunch it’s going to get ugly.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 07:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: a) False equivalency. Jungle Noise is not Gameday. 

b) I calmed down in those threads a while ago. 

Fair enough. I cannot remember you crying and moaning in a gameday thread since the season ended. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 04:33 PM)GenoSackins Wrote: You should read your gamethread comments. 

So tell us, "brand new member", how do you know so much about past game day threads and specific member's comments?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 02:47 AM)Joelist Wrote: I know the Williams injury threw people for a loop and also that some expression of anger/cynicism/pain can be therapeutic.

Hasn't it been enough now? The reality is Williams is out and nothing anyone feels or says will change it - time to move on.

The next big point is training camp. Then comes preseason where for the first time we get to see the new schemes and coaches in action. That will provide a lot more information than we have now,

Great post and great idea...time to move on. It is what it is and no amount of griping will change it. Looks like we get an immediate insight into how this staff will handle adversity.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You will cease all moaning and bitching immediately. Mellow

Maybe a piss and moan mega thread is in order.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 08:58 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And the Bengals stand to suck at at least two of those three positions. This is looking like a 60+ sack season. If the team had lays from behind a bunch it’s going to get ugly.

You know it is possible to scheme around a sub par O line... Just because the last staff couldn't seem to do it, doesn't mean this one can't. The fact of the matter is that neither you nor I know diddley poo about how this team will look this year... None of us do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: You know it is possible to scheme around a sub par O line... Just because the last staff couldn't seem to do it, doesn't mean this one can't. The fact of the matter is that neither you nor I know diddley poo about how this team will look this year... None of us do.

You are absolutely right.  Good coaching staffs do manage to scheme around whichever position has a weakness.  Hopefully, we'll get to see that happen with the Bengals, for a change.  

Many seem willing to instantly dismiss Zac Taylor's experiences as "menial and trivial" because he's never held a high post.  However, he possesses certain personal qualities not found in losers, qualities like "exceptional student of the game" and "excellent communicator".  Forget about the bodies in the uniforms, the key is getting them to go 100% in the manor that they are supposed to and exactly when they are supposed to.  

How many years did we watch Marvin attempt to pound square pegs through round holes?  Let's have a little faith in Zac Taylor that he can have the foresight to see the problems and have the team coached up to execute to their strengths, rather than conform to a generic philosophy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 10:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are absolutely right.  Good coaching staffs do manage to scheme around whichever position has a weakness.  Hopefully, we'll get to see that happen with the Bengals, for a change.  

Many seem willing to instantly dismiss Zac Taylor's experiences as "menial and trivial" because he's never held a high post.  However, he possesses certain personal qualities not found in losers, qualities like "exceptional student of the game" and "excellent communicator".  Forget about the bodies in the uniforms, the key is getting them to go 100% in the manor that they are supposed to and exactly when they are supposed to.  

How many years did we watch Marvin attempt to pound square pegs through round holes?  Let's have a little faith in Zac Taylor that he can have the foresight to see the problems and have the team coached up to execute to their strengths, rather than conform to a generic philosophy.

Yeah... I don't get it.

Faith in Zac Taylor may not be the right word, but I'm definitely willing to give him and his staff a chance. I understand those that can't seem to do it. It's like coming out of a long relationship or a divorce. Life with that other person is really all you know for awhile.

I remember most of us seemed pretty excited about Taylor initially. Then he didn't bring in our guy Del Rio as DC, and the whole FA thing happened. It seems like some of us are stuck in the same ol same ol view of the team. The players are buying in. I personally thing Taylor comes off impressive. I'm gonna let them fall on their face before I start piling on.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 10:42 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I don't get it.

Faith in Zac Taylor may not be the right word, but I'm definitely willing to give him and his staff a chance. I understand those that can't seem to do it. It's like coming out of a long relationship or a divorce. Life with that other person is really all you know for awhile.

I remember most of us seemed pretty excited about Taylor initially. Then he didn't bring in our guy Del Rio as DC, and the whole FA thing happened. It seems like some of us are stuck in the same ol same ol view of the team. The players are buying in. I personally thing Taylor comes off impressive. I'm gonna let them fall on their face before I start piling on.

I'm certainly interested in seeing what he can do and I'm very glad we finally had a coaching shake-up.  With that being said, I can also admit that getting a QB coach to be HC while other teams are going for offensive-minded OC's to be HC is sort of like waking up on Christmas morning and finding a Tubro Grafix-16 when everyone else got a Sega Genesis or a Super Nintendo.  Hey, maybe it's just as good, and hey maybe it'll even be better than those systems with the fancier resumes.

As for the crying and moaning, as I pointed out we may as well cool it now because if the o-line looks bad in 2019 and our offense isn't awesome in spite of it, we are going to be right back to not being able to fairly judge ZT and his system or Dalton because "Even Tom Brady wouldn't be able to succeed with this line!"
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 10:05 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe a piss and moan mega thread is in order.

Out of the night that covers me,
    black as the pit from pole to pole.
I thank whatever gods may be,
    for Cincinnati Bengal ball.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoings of chance,
    my head is bloody but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    how charged with punishment the scroll,
I am not the master of their fate.
    That's just how the Bengals roll.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 11:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Out of the night that covers me,
    black as the pit from pole to pole.
I thank whatever gods may be,
    for Cincinnati Bengal ball.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoings of chance,
    my head is bloody but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    how charged with punishment the scroll,
I am not the master of their fate.
    That's just how the Bengals roll.

^^^^^^^
This is how you do it fellas. Lamentations in poetry and verse is still fresh.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote