Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Okay is everyone done crying and moaning?
(07-01-2019, 12:37 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I can't figure out the point of this internet posting other than to tell people to shut up on a message board.

Ahh, but you missed the most important aspect of message board posting when you can simultaneously be the smartest AND the dumbest person alive at the very same time. Of course it does take a bit of effort on the part of readers, but it's effortless on the part of self appointed geniuses and quite obvious on the part of morons..   ThumbsUp And trust me..It took a great effort to spell simultaneously right with the aid of my trusty spell checker. 
Do we get to chose what we cry and moan about? It's hot and hasn't rained for awhile here and the ******* (<---name of actual flower is censored??? THAT'S A CRIME! Oh the inhumanity of using the name of this! [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2F...er.jpg&f=1] ) in the backyard are dying and my tomatoes aren't doing very well again.. DAMMIT! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know.  My point was that Taylor has never been a head coach at ANY level.  So you can't really compare him to Sam Wyche.

(07-02-2019, 01:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He was QB Coach and Passing Game Director with the 49ers.

......and he was calling the plays at IU, where he came up with the premise of running the no huddle to try and bridge the Big 10 talent gap.

The point is......Wyche learned some things by failing, and learning on some pretty good coaching staffs.  One thing he was, was innovative.  There's a pretty good chance that ZT is going to be rather innovative as well, and has learned on some pretty good staffs and from failures at UC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm officially crying and moaning about not being permitted to use the name of this flower on this board.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2F...er.jpg&f=1]

I know...super offensive isn't it? 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 02:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm officially crying and moaning about not being permitted to use the name of this flower on this board.

Petunia?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 02:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm officially crying and moaning about not being permitted to use the name of this flower on this board.

You have to give us a hint.  No floriculturists around here.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to give us a hint.  No floriculturists around here.

Starts with a pan and ends with sies.. The Bengals have even had a few on the team from time to time..

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 01:35 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I hope Boling gets healthy; rumblings on the inter webs indicate that might not happen.  Westerman is an enigma.  He never plays yet we hear how talented the guy is.  RG should be better this year, hard to be worse.  The guys we signed are just guys though.  Price should hopefully improve with an NFL offseason and conditioning under his belt.   The big issue is tackle.  Glenn can’t stay healthy, Hart is a backup at best, and there is zero depth behind them. Hard to look at this line and not see another bottom 5 unit.  Turner is better known for Bullygate than his coaching prowess.  We shall see, but hard to be optimistic given that the line, with LB, were the biggest team weakness and the FO half-assed the improvement at both position groups.  The Achilles Heel last year will likely be the Achilles Heel this year.

When Westerman has played, he played rather well. So from what we've seen, he's good. The confusion is why someone who appears to be good isn't really getting more of an opportunity. An easy assumption is there's something going on in practice that isn't being communicated out but we don't know that for sure. And even if it was, we may not see that as big of an issue as someone on the staff would see.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pansy

Had to try, lol.
So, the singular is ok. Baffling!

I can say Liberace is a pansy.
But I can't say the Steelers are a bunch of *******.

It's just wrong to apply PC rules to the Steelers.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When Westerman has played, he played rather well. So from what we've seen, he's good. The confusion is why someone who appears to be good isn't really getting more of an opportunity. 

He hasn't looked that great to me.  He got abused on a two point conversion play last year that led to a sack.

We just don't see him get abused a lot because he has never even played as many as two-thirds of the snaps in any game.  I think they may pull him out more on passing plays.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 03:21 PM)SladeX Wrote: Pansy

Had to try, lol.
So, the singular is ok. Baffling!

Sad

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When Westerman has played, he played rather well. So from what we've seen, he's good. The confusion is why someone who appears to be good isn't really getting more of an opportunity. An easy assumption is there's something going on in practice that isn't being communicated out but we don't know that for sure. And even if it was, we may not see that as big of an issue as someone on the staff would see.

For crying out loud, It's not a mystery! It's been communicated, Several of the o-line coaches have said it, it's just that many fans aren't hearing it. Westerman is a beast going North and South, but lacks the lateral movement necessary for the past teams schemes..... if we are going to run the ball straight at teams this year, he will most likely be the guy. If the Guards are going to have to do a lot of pulling, etc., he ain't it....
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 03:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For crying out loud, It's not a mystery! It's been communicated, Several of the o-line coaches have said it, it's just that many fans aren't hearing it. Westerman is a beast going North and South, but lacks the lateral movement necessary for the past teams schemes..... if we are going to run the ball straight at teams this year, he will most likely be the guy. If the Guards are going to have to do a lot of pulling, etc., he ain't it....

You're right, I had forgotten the lateral issue was mentioned. I do find it interesting that he exhibited athleticism and was praised for the same coming out of college yet the mention of lack of lateral movement contradicts that.

I just went back to what Pollack was quoted last year, which wasn't the same as the lateral movement. 

Quote:He’s got to clean up his technique. He got high at times. But he’s grinding on that. He’s got to work on better hand placement.
I now remember reading that before but somewhat surprised these little(?) things would keep him from seeing the field given how bad Redmond was last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 03:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sadly, it seems that many have already written Billy Price off as a bust, because he didn't make the NFL All-Pro team as a rookie.

Billy Price wants to be great,however I feel he has some not of his fault issues in that he is too short to play the position,I saw him last season just get pushed 10 feet back against big nose tackles and I feel he cannot hold up against the best of the best called the NFL. I see his backup in Trey Hoskins being a better fit as he played very well last season when price was injured.I see Price getting banged up during the season and someone will be replacing him.Does anyone know the names of all the backups for the entire O-line and are they good enough to come in and hold up and to me we go as far as the line will allow Dalton to play and he likes to bale out as soon as he feels the pressure of the line not holding up.We shall see how it goes.Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing a ZT offense in action.who-dey :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So tell us, "brand new member", how do you know so much about past game day threads and specific member's comments?

Hmmm...   Hmm
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 04:42 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Billy Price wants to be great,however I feel he has some not of his fault issues in that he is too short to play the position,I saw him last season just get pushed 10 feet back against big nose tackles and I feel he cannot hold up against the best of the best called the NFL. I see his backup in Trey Hoskins being a better fit as he played very well last season when price was injured.I see Price getting banged up during the season and someone will be replacing him.Does anyone know the names of all the backups for the entire O-line and are they good enough to come in and hold up and to me we go as far as the line will allow Dalton to play and he likes to bale out as soon as he feels the pressure of the line not holding up.We shall see how it goes.Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing a ZT offense in action.who-dey :andy: ThumbsUp

This is definitely what could hold him back. He has over 1" shorter arms than James Daniels and Frank Ragnow. If he can't get his hands on the DTs, he can't be effective. He will need to have really active hands to hit defenders' arms away so he can get into their chests and drive them back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 09:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I see a lot of "he's a QB coach, and didn't do well at UC".....but people keep ignoring the fact that the last HC to lead us to a SB was a QB coach, that didn't do so hot at IU. Mellow

Dilly Dilly!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 02:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......and he was calling the plays at IU, where he came up with the premise of running the no huddle to try and bridge the Big 10 talent gap.

The point is......Wyche learned some things by failing, and learning on some pretty good coaching staffs.  One thing he was, was innovative.  There's a pretty good chance that ZT is going to be rather innovative as well, and has learned on some pretty good staffs and from failures at UC.

And if I remember correctly he only won 1 game as HC.....?
Reply/Quote
I think it's a valid point though. Wyche learned from that 1 win season, obviously. It's conceivable ZT will make a game costing mistake or two, from lack of head coaching experience. I'm willing to stick with him through whatever learning curve he'll encounter, though.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Learning curve is one thing. I think it remains to be seen if ANY coach can win a championship here with the way the Bengals front office operates.

Let's face it...not signing 2-3 quality upgrades in free agency puts soo much pressure on the draft each year...and they've been whiffing.

Losing Williams this year is extremely costly.
Reply/Quote
I'm not happy with losing Williams.
Nonplussed with FA.
I don't know what it would take to get past the FO.
Still, looking forward to training camp.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote