Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oline hopes.
So we all know our oline has been inconsistent. But run blocking has seemed prett good overall. I really want see if our dline has just improved that much or if our oline is just that bad. We will see quickly in week 1. thays what I'm waiting forward to see. Is Lawson that god/ogbuehi that bad, etc. etc. if our oline holds up against Tampa bay team 1s it will be very encouraging.
Reply/Quote
There's one sure fire way to find out and it isn't by listening to the pundits. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
my "hopes" for our o-line are dwindling day by day! "HOPE" I'm wrong!

Reply/Quote
I would have to see our o-line stink in games that matter before I panic. However, I believe the 2016 season was full of games that mattered where our o-line stunk...so consider me spooked.
Reply/Quote
...that Alexander pulls a vaginal muscle and retires from the NFL as an imposter positions coach?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 11:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I would have to see our o-line stink in games that matter before I panic.  However, I believe the 2016 season was full of games that mattered where our o-line stunk...so consider me spooked.

I'm very spooked right with ya.
Reply/Quote
Acting like a bunch of scared little bitches. Grow a pair and have a little faith. This is an eleven to thirteen win team. How can anyone not see this?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 08:20 PM)McC Wrote: Acting like a bunch of scared little bitches.  Grow a pair and have a little faith.  This is an eleven to thirteen win team.  How can anyone not see this?

Yes, it is.  People forget that our defense is formidable, our Special Teams are generally effective, and the offense should have plenty of 'One play score, ability".   This team has the ability to be very much like the 2000 Ravens team that won a ton of boring games, but just smothered their competition.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 08:20 PM)McC Wrote: Acting like a bunch of scared little bitches.  Grow a pair and have a little faith.  This is an eleven to thirteen win team.  How can anyone not see this?

Perhaps we remember what kicking issues and a crap o line  did you last year's 11-win team.  Nah you're right, wimpy bitches all of us. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps we remember what kicking issues and a crap o line  did you last year's 11-win team.  Nah you're right, wimpy bitches all of us. 

Last year's dead and gone.  Get over it.  Dare to believe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 02:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So we all know our oline has been inconsistent. But run blocking has seemed prett good overall. I really want see if our dline has just improved that much or if our oline is just that bad. We will see quickly in week 1. thays what I'm waiting forward to see. Is Lawson that god/ogbuehi that bad, etc. etc. if our oline holds up against Tampa bay team 1s it will be very encouraging.

I personally think it's a combination of both. I think the dline has improved with youth and speed. I also think our o line is mediocre at best. Our d may keep us in some games...but this isn't 2000. The game and rules have evolved. IF the o line steps up....this team can do good things before Mediocre Marv chokes in round 1 of the playoffs again. If not....the defense won't let us lose more than 8 games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 05:27 AM)McC Wrote: Last year's dead and gone.  Get over it.  Dare to believe.

[Image: T.I._-_Dead_and_Gone_-_Official_Single_Cover.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 05:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: I personally think it's a combination of both. I think the dline has improved with youth and speed. I also think our o line is mediocre at best. Our d may keep us in some games...but this isn't 2000. The game and rules have evolved. IF the o line steps up....this team can do good things before Mediocre Marv chokes in round 1 of the playoffs again. If not....the defense won't let us lose more than 8 games.

Yep. Essentially if the offensive line is bad...the defense is going to have to create a lot of turnovers to compensate.

To do that, we'll need a good pass rush and I feel we've improved in that area.

Mixon and Bernard being able to catch well helps the offensive line as we can use screen passes to keep the defense from blitzing constantly.
Reply/Quote
#70 might be the worst lineman I've ever seen on the bengals. Looks lost n soft as hell. My hope is gone the min i see him on the field
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 05:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: I personally think it's a combination of both. I think the dline has improved with youth and speed. I also think our o line is mediocre at best. Our d may keep us in some games...but this isn't 2000. The game and rules have evolved. IF the o line steps up....this team can do good things before Mediocre Marv chokes in round 1 of the playoffs again. If not....the defense won't let us lose more than 8 games.

Not that long ago teams named the Seahawks and the Broncos won championships because they had defenses that overwhelmed teams and mediocre offenses.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 09:49 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: #70 might be the worst lineman I've ever seen on the bengals.   Looks lost n soft as hell.  My hope is gone the min i see him on the field

I watched him in camp last week for 2 hours. When did you watch him this year? I am curious since you seem to have formed an opinion, correct me if you have watched him in 2017 training camp or just spouting off based on 2016.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I did see where Trey Hopkins played all 3 interior Oline positions during the scrimmage. Hopefully that is good insurance and can allow Andre to move outside if required.

For all the shit folks talk about PA, he did show that he will pull you if you continue to underperform; as he pulled Ced last year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 05:27 AM)McC Wrote: Last year's dead and gone.  Get over it.  Dare to believe.

Meh, I see our team being really good next year too. People are just upset with our first bad season in a while. The team was a lot better than a 6 win team last year (7 out of 9 of our losses came within 1 score). We were in most of the games, and that's with our offense not really having Eifert and Green on the field at the same time, and the defense not having a 100% Burfict for about half of the season. The team is absolutely loaded everywhere other than the OL. We got a ton of speed on our DL (Willis and Lawson) and Billings > Peko and Minter > Maualuga. Plus we get to see what WJ3 can do. The defense is going to be insane. If we stay healthy we have better weapons than we did in 2015. Our WR core is insane right now, Eifert is a beast, and Mixon, Gio, and Hill should be a really good backfield. It's not like we couldn't move the ball down the field last year. We just couldn't get into the end zone because we didn't have our weapons healthy. With a VERY easy schedule this year I can easily see us getting double digit wins.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 10:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I did see where Trey Hopkins played all 3 interior Oline positions during the scrimmage. Hopefully that is good insurance and can allow Andre to move outside if required.

For all the shit folks talk about PA, he did show that he will pull you if you continue to underperform; as he pulled Ced last year.

I just wish it hadn't been 10 games too late.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 10:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Not that long ago teams named the Seahawks and the Broncos won championships because they had defenses that overwhelmed teams and mediocre offenses.

Good point, although I'd say the Seahawks had a pretty good offense.  I'm not sure our defense is overwhelming, but we will see soon enough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote