Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Denver
The NFL will come out and some point and say they made a mistake regarding CJ's TD and kneegate, but that won't change the fact that we came out with an L and need to come out with some fire next Sunday against that Denver D.

The positives watching this Colts/Broncos game: Their offense doesn't scare me one bit. And their Defense is giving up points at home to Luck and the Colts offense.

Come out and make a statement win at our home opener, and lets get this ship back on the right path. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I agree. We'll be playing on a field that is actually NFL caliber with a promising WR corps who are going to shine. I'm pumped for next week. We better get our mindset right and hit the ground running.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When are we going to acknowledge the O line? We can't beat Denver with Andy taking this kind of abuse.

WE need to think about QB saftey.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:28 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When are we going to acknowledge the O line? We can't beat Denver with Andy taking this kind of abuse.

But PA is the best Oline coach in the history of the known universe.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:28 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When are we going to acknowledge the O line? We can't beat Denver with Andy taking this kind of abuse.

Not just O-line from a pass protection perspective, but also running the ball...What did we have? 30/40 yards rushing today?

Gio's yardage came from screen plays. We NEED to open up the running game somehow, and Denver's D is notoriously good against the run...I don't have the answer, but something needs to happen.
Reply/Quote

Pass Pro was definitely good enough to get the job done today. Running though, looks like we're screwed.
Reply/Quote

WE need to think about QB safety.

Paul Brown had excellent offensive lines in Cleveland and Cincinnati. It was his number one item.
Reply/Quote
Denver's D > Pitt and the Jets

We are in trouble IMHO.

Their O is pretty good too. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:33 PM)Whacked Wrote: Denver's D > Pitt and the Jets

We are in trouble IMHO.

Their O is pretty good too. Lol.

Their offense has 20 points against arguably one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and at home...They aren't scoring 20 against us, unless their defense scores.

I think if we score over 20, we win this game. Our run defense actually didn't look that horrible - and they rely heavily on Anderson.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is taking way too many hits and we're only two games into the season. They have to do something, and fast.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:32 PM)treee Wrote: Pass Pro was definitely good enough to get the job done today. Running though, looks like we're screwed.

he means "even though he's ignorning me now" that our best pass game was to screen to gio out of the backfield. in that respect it "was" just good enough to get the ball out. in time to the back out of the backfield. gameplan.
Reply/Quote
The way the O-line is playing next week Denver may set records sacks in a single game.
Reply/Quote

Many here HAVE acknowledged it.  So what does that mean??

Not sure WE can do anything about anything.
Reply/Quote
DeMarcus Ware broke his arm today so will either be out or seriously limited next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Brown had excellent offensive lines in Cleveland and Cincinnati. It was his number one item.

So does Bill B. in New Englandville.
Reply/Quote
I support this thread, let's look forward and come up with a solid game plan for Denver.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I think Cincy will definitely need its 'A' game Sunday for sure. Have no clue what we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:22 PM)mroudfly Wrote: The NFL will come out and some point and say they made a mistake regarding CJ's TD and kneegate, but that won't change the fact that we came out with an L and need to come out with some fire next Sunday against that Denver D.

The positives watching this Colts/Broncos game: Their offense doesn't scare me one bit. And their Defense is giving up points at home to Luck and the Colts offense.

Come out and make a statement win at our home opener, and lets get this ship back on the right path.  ThumbsUp

I have thought for some time that the NFL does not respect Marvin or Mike. They get screwed early and often and never let on that they are bothered by it. Do that crap to Jerry Jones and Kraft from NE and they call out the league at news conferences. Marvin and Mike never fight for our team and players with the league. Even Urban Meyer had the stones to tell the OSU administrators they were wrong to suspend a player for a semester. Marvin says get up and hand the ball back. The league doesn't worry about the Bengals getting screwed. It's not going to stop any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:22 PM)mroudfly Wrote: The NFL will come out and some point and say they made a mistake regarding CJ's TD and kneegate, but that won't change the fact that we came out with an L and need to come out with some fire next Sunday against that Denver D.

Come out and make a statement win at our home opener, and lets get this ship back on the right path.  ThumbsUp

Win all home games (they will), split all road games (they have) and you will be 12-4 and AFC North Champions.  The home winning streak starts Sunday.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Win all home games (they will), split all road games (they have) and you will be 12-4 and AFC North Champions.  The home winning streak starts Sunday.  
While I agree that the Bengals can (and will) go 12-4, I just looked at Pitt's schedule and they have quite a cake walk...I think they will be 13-3 or so, so lets do better than splitting the road games...I think we will need to  Cool
Reply/Quote