Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On to Pittsburgh
(09-20-2021, 09:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pittsburgh has a better defense than the bears...

but a lot of injuries among the starters right now.. CB-Haden, LB- Busch, LB-Watt, DE-Tuitt, NT-Alualu 

Alualu is definitely out with a broken ankle.  The others may play but they won't be 100%

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:23 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Ian Rapoport just tweeted, that TJ Watt has a chance to play this Sunday against our Bengals.  

So there went a little bit of glimmer of sunshine

If he truly has a groin injury, he won't be back by this weekend. If he is, he won'e have any mobility and will just injure it further. "If" he truly has that injury....
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Trai Turner got ejected today for spitting on an opposing player. Wonder if that will draw any kind of suspension as we face them next week.

Should be arrested for attempted murder since covid is spread by droplets.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:08 PM)pally Wrote: but a lot of injuries among the starters right now.. CB-Haden, LB- Busch, LB-Watt, DE-Tuitt, NT-Alualu 

Alualu is definitely out with a broken ankle.  The others may play but they won't be 100%

Tuitt's on IR, so he's definitely not playing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 02:58 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate, i respect what your saying, however, I've heard this song and dance WAY too many times.  

We made so many mistakes, IF we clean it up we have a chance to win.  

How often have we said that the last 3 years?  How often have went back and won the next game after saying if clean up these errors we'll win next week?  

My optimism for a good outcome next week just isn't there. 

I getcha, but the last 3 years we had a terrible DL and Linebackers on Defense. This is significantly better this year if you 
haven't noticed TJ. If's happen every game, we are a play here and there from being 2-0 and we are also a play here and 
there from being 0-2. We just need to play more disciplined and smarter with the ball and keep up our play on Defense 
and good things could happen.

Finley beat these guys last year for God sake and he played bad in doing it.

(09-20-2021, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm hoping Burrow takes those INTs personally and comes out on fire against Pittsburgh. Just audibling out of the run plays and throwing deep bombs to Chase and Higgins. Gets the Steelers defense on its heels and then starts audibling into runs and Mixon tears things up. Ooh, I'm getting chills thinking about it.

I mean, I know it won't happen, but still ...

Sure would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:08 PM)pally Wrote: but a lot of injuries among the starters right now.. CB-Haden, LB- Busch, LB-Watt, DE-Tuitt, NT-Alualu 

(09-20-2021, 04:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tuitt's on IR, so he's definitely not playing.

Need to take advantage.
Reply/Quote
Is it too late to bring Thinley back just for this game?!?

[Image: th?id=OIP.MzkB6tNLp2k5gHx8ye-GOAHaEK&pid...=319&h=180]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We started as 4 or 4.5 underdogs which, bring on the road in Pitt, I like it because the home team generally gets a few points.

Their offensive line is dog shit and our interior defensive line has been impressive, IMCO. That's especially beneficial because Ben's not as mobile as he used to be, so forcing him out of the pocket will be a good thing when that's where he'd do his damage in his younger days.

We can't keep lining up in shotgun and we need to feed Mixon the rock early and often because they can't run block for anything. Control the game with the run and that will open up the pass.

My fear is that Taylor will try and be cute with it and pass the ball a lot, line up in shotgun, empty sets, and other things like that.

Keys to victory:

-Establish the run and stick with it. Give Mixon 25-30 carries.

-Don't let them establish the run. Stop Harris early and often.

-Get Uzomah the ball up the seam. It will keep the safeties honest and off our outside receivers. I'm not saying Uzomah's as good as Waller, but he gave the Steelers trouble and I think Uzomah has looked good, even if the stats don't show it.

-As I said above, pressure up the middle and force Ben into making turnovers.

-Don't give up any special teams' big plays and don't make any mistakes. STOP TAKING THE BALL OUT OF THE ENDZONE!

LET'S LEAVE PIT WITH A W IN OUR BAG!
Reply/Quote
Their O-line is bad,

Open season on Pig Ben

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Is it too late to bring Thinley back just for this game?!?

Need to get that pic where he is on his side with that Busey smile. Frickin' hilarious! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to get that pic where he is on his side with that Busey smile. Frickin' hilarious! Hilarious

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.0.png]
Reply/Quote
THATS IT!!! LMAO!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Is it too late to bring Thinley back just for this game?!?

C’mon…at least use the right picture!

[Image: Ep2wJukUUAA2xG3.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm hoping Burrow takes those INTs personally and comes out on fire against Pittsburgh. Just audibling out of the run plays and throwing deep bombs to Chase and Higgins. Gets the Steelers defense on its heels and then starts audibling into runs and Mixon tears things up. Ooh, I'm getting chills thinking about it.

I mean, I know it won't happen, but still ...

I hope ZT can hear the pleas of his star players and open up the playbook deep.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:40 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I hope ZT can hear the pleas of his star players and open up the playbook deep.

You know when they asked Taylor about taking deep shots and he said they called them, but the defense took them away? Yeah, those sacks. The deep ball only works if the QB has the time. Face it, the Bears front four is the best we'll see this year, they are the best in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to get that pic where he is on his side with that Busey smile. Frickin' hilarious! Hilarious

[Image: quote-t-e-a-m-stands-for-together-everyo...-46-59.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey, ya never know. Maybe Zac will use his semi annual creativity against the squeelies.. Dink and dunk ain't gonna cut it. We have the horses to go grab deep routes, but will Burrow get killed trying to do them is the question..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I suspect they will come out and take a lot of deep shots, and if we lose Taylor will be criticized for putting Burrow at too much risk.
Reply/Quote
I believe we line up well vs. Steelers and have a good chance in this game.

If we only had a competent playcaller/gameplaner
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We started as 4 or 4.5 underdogs which, bring on the road in Pitt, I like it because the home team generally gets a few points.

Their offensive line is dog shit and our interior defensive line has been impressive, IMCO.  That's especially beneficial because Ben's not as mobile as he used to be, so forcing him out of the pocket
will be a good thing when that's where he'd do his damage in his younger days.

We can't keep lining up in shotgun and we need to feed Mixon the rock early and often because they can't run block for anything.  Control the game with the run and that will open up the pass.

My fear is that Taylor will try and be cute with it and pass the ball a lot, line up in shotgun, empty sets, and other things like that.

Keys to victory:

-Establish the run and stick with it.  Give Mixon 25-30 carries.

-Don't let them establish the run. Stop Harris early and often.

-Get Uzomah the ball up the seam.  It will keep the safeties honest and off our outside receivers.  I'm not saying Uzomah's as good as Waller, but he gave the Steelers trouble and I think Uzomah has looked good, even if the stats don't show it.

-As I said above, pressure up the middle and force Ben into making turnovers.

-Don't give up any special teams' big plays and don't make any mistakes.  STOP TAKING THE BALL OUT OF THE ENDZONE!

LET'S LEAVE PIT WITH A W IN OUR BAG!

The bad thing about the part I highlighted is the Stoolers are saying the EXACT same thing about the Bengals OL, and their DL.  

Their saying Joe Burrow is a statue, and doesnt move out of the pocket.  He'd moved once or twice not much.  So he's pretty much just a large target back there like Carson Palmer used to be.  

Even if Ben is old as dirt, he can still run the ball and isn't afraid to run the ball. 

Burrow even though 24 yo is not fleet of foot currently and probably wont be for the 2021 season so there's no fear from the Pitt defense he's gonna take off.  
Reply/Quote