Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Thing That Infuriated Me More Than Anything...
... was that they CONTINUALLY sent DEs out on WRs.

When they hard a 3rd and 7, 3rd and 6, they would do this stupid shit constantly.

BD and I talked about this last week too, how they did it once in a while.

Well today it burned them *4* times; Clarke on Williams, MJ on Beasley (who really isn't that good at all; poor man's Baby Hawk) and MJ on Whitehead, I think it was. Then Dunlap on someone as well, think it was Witten.

None of us (or the team) should care if it throws in a wrinkle or a different look, etc.; IT DOESN'T WORK, ITS NEVER WORKED, SO STOP DOING IT.

Screw the big runs or anything else that happened today, when you need stops and you have the opportunity, mortgaging those opportunities is the worst and stupidest thing you can do.

Season is far from over and we're still in good shape with Eifert coming back next week, but you can bet your rear that NE will exploit this play every single time if we run it.

Just stupid, utterly stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree completely. I would love to see an accounting on how many times that has worked positively as opposed to how many times it either didn't work at all, or really hurt us.
Reply/Quote
Agree for once
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:03 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I agree completely. I would love to see an accounting on how many times that has worked positively as opposed to how many times it either didn't work at all, or really hurt us.

Many of us (including me) have seen EVERY snap this team has had, since 2009 (some, even longer) and the ONLY time I can remember it happening, was Will Clarke in the PS against Minnesota, this year.
Reply/Quote
I really don't think Eifert's going to make that much of a difference. He's not going to make the C and RT suddenly become good players. Nor is he going to get Marvin and the coaches get their head's out of the rears. What he will do is help take some pressure off AJ Green and give Dalton a reliable target. That's not enough I'm afraid.

The season isn't over, but it's looking more and more like we're headed for a top 10 pick.

Reply/Quote
The one thing that infuriated me was a complete lack of urgency from our staff. Down 14-0 and the D is getting gashed and we punt in Dallas territory? Score there and maybe the D comes out reinvigorated. Down 21-0 attempt a 50 yard FG. Either way it's still a 3 score game! Why would a player being laying it all out, when the coaches aren't showing any fight
Reply/Quote
A concerning pattern is beginning to emerge.

For the second time, a Marvin Lewis lead team appears to be falling apart with the mental aspects, after a successful run the previous season and heavy expectations coming in.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I really don't think Eifert's going to make that much of a difference. He's not going to make the C and RT suddenly become good players. Nor is he going to get Marvin and the coaches get their head's out of the rears. What he will do is help take some pressure off AJ Green and give Dalton a reliable target. That's not enough I'm afraid.

The season isn't over, but it's looking more and more like we're headed for a top 10 pick.

Sorry, IMO you're throwing in the towel much too early.

Problems with the oline aside, they aren't the reason we lost today or against the Stoolers and Bodine, despite his struggles, handled Suh VERY well. We'll be fine, with or without them.

Eifert going to make a huge difference and both lines of the Patriots are not stellar. It'll be a mountain to climb, but unlike everyone here, I don't give up.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, IMO you're throwing in the towel much too early.

Problems with the oline aside, they aren't the reason we lost today or against the Stoolers and Bodine, despite his struggles, handled Suh VERY well. We'll be fine, with or without them.

Eifert going to make a huge difference and both lines of the Patriots are not stellar. It'll be a mountain to climb, but unlike everyone here, I don't give up.

still think Zeke is "OVERRATED"?

me hardly thinks so!

Reply/Quote
Not going for it on 4th and half a yard down by 21 in the first half didn't exactly make me happy.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ... was that they CONTINUALLY sent DEs out on WRs.

When they hard a 3rd and 7, 3rd and 6, they would do this stupid shit constantly.

BD and I talked about this last week too, how they did it once in a while.

Well today it burned them *4* times; Clarke on Williams, MJ on Beasley (who really isn't that good at all; poor man's Baby Hawk) and MJ on Whitehead, I think it was. Then Dunlap on someone as well, think it was Witten.

None of us (or the team) should care if it throws in a wrinkle or a different look, etc.; IT DOESN'T WORK, ITS NEVER WORKED, SO STOP DOING IT.

Screw the big runs or anything else that happened today, when you need stops and you have the opportunity, mortgaging those opportunities is the worst and stupidest thing you can do.

Season is far from over and we're still in good shape with Eifert coming back next week, but you can bet your rear that NE will exploit this play every single time if we run it.

Just stupid, utterly stupid.

Agree completely,

I'd add Zampese calling a play action pass on that drive to start the 4th quarter where Dalton ended up running for his life or got sacked, can't remember. Zampese just flips thru playbook and is like oh, we haven't ran anything on this page for awhile.

And the lack of urgency, just inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
Truck, I agree with your op and premise. You are right about the DE's dropping and it was terrible!

That said, plz don't dare and try to defend the offensive line play today against that d-line and defense. That was a mismatch all day everyday in the Bengals favor, or at least it should have been.

The o-line absolutely stunk in PP. Stunk!!

That said, Zampese didn't help matters.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Not going for it on 4th and half a yard down by 21 in the first half didn't exactly make me happy.
God that was bothersome too...

(10-09-2016, 09:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree completely,

I'd add Zampese calling a play action pass on that drive to start the 4th quarter where Dalton ended up running for his life or got sacked, can't remember. Zampese just flips thru playbook and is like oh, we haven't ran anything on this page for awhile.

And the lack of urgency, just inexcusable.

I thought the play-calling really wasn't that bad; only three times did I get pissed at what was called (2nd 10, run hill on a sweep and he hurts his hand, was incredibly stupid), but the lack of urgency was garbage as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Truck, I agree with your op and premise. You are right about the DE's dropping and it was terrible!

That said, plz don't dare and try to defend the offensive line play today against that d-line and defense. That was a mismatch all day everyday in the Bengals favor, or at least it should have been.

The o-line absolutely stunk in PP. Stunk!!

Not the o-line, Zeitler, Bodine and Ogbuehi; Whitworth and Boling were pretty damn solid.

But again, they weren't the cause of the loss today; this was on D and scheming.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps this is Haslett or Coyle (both former DC's) putting **** in Paulie G's ear?

This is Paulie's 3rd year in, so I don't see why he'd divert from what's made this D successful for 8 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Perhaps this is Haslett or Coyle (both former DC's) putting **** in Paulie G's ear?

This is Paulie's 3rd year in, so I don't see why he'd divert from what's made this D successful for 8 years.

As BD and I discussed, they literally only did it once or twice a game and it usually resulted in nothing.

But today they continually ran it and it backfired. They should just stop running it and put Dunlap to pass rush, which is what he's best at.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: God that was bothersome too...

I thought the play-calling really wasn't that bad; only three times did I get pissed at what was called (2nd 10, run hill on a sweep and he hurts his hand, was incredibly stupid), but the lack of urgency was garbage as well.

Hill running sweeps is just nuts, agree. But in my mind that's part of Zampese not really knowing what he's doing. He just calls plays at random "just because" and has no real plan. No real grasp of what he's doing or attempting to do.

It's not the best example but good pool players are playing a shot ahead. Great ones are playing two shots ahead ! Zampese is just like a bad pool player hoping he can make the shot he's on. There's no form or function. Granted he has no O-line and is handicapped there, but that's far from his only problem. He's completely out of his league at calling the offense for an NFL team !
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not the o-line, Zeitler, Bodine and Ogbuehi; Whitworth and Boling were pretty damn solid.

But again, they weren't the cause of the loss today; this was on D and scheming.

Sorry man but Bodine and Ogbuehi were not good. You go look at the Cowboys Dline depth, then go look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how all of that 4th-7th rd talent owned all of that 1st through 3rd talent on the Bengals.

Tell me plz how our qb wasn't scrambling for his life for most of the game while being sacked 3 times and not having any time whatsoever to look down the field.

This game was lost in the trenches on both sides and it was our trenches that sucked!!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hill running sweeps is just nuts, agree. But in my mind that's part of Zampese not really knowing what he's doing. He just calls plays at random "just because" and has no real plan. No real grasp of what he's doing or attempting to do.

It's not the best example but good pool players are playing a shot ahead. Great ones are playing two shots ahead ! Zampese is just like a bad pool player hoping he can make the shot he's on. There's no form or function. Granted he has no O-line and is handicapped there, but that's far from his only problem. He's completely out of his league at calling the offense for an NFL team !

Naw, that's a GREAT analogy!

(10-09-2016, 09:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sorry man but Bodine and Ogbuehi were not good. You go look at the Cowboys Dline depth, then go look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself howall of that 4th-7th rd talent owned all of that 1st through 3rd talent on the Benglas.

Tell, me plz how our qb wasn't scrambling for his lif for most of the game while being sacked 3 times and not having any time whatsoever to look down the field.

This game was lost in the trenches on both sides and it was our trenches that sucked!!
I said that :p

We didn't lost because of their pass rush; AFAIR, it stalled only 1 or 2 drives (the oline play).

We lost because we couldn't stop anything on D and the scheming was terrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sorry man but Bodine and Ogbuehi were not good. You go look at the Cowboys Dline depth, then go look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself how all of that 4th-7th rd talent owned all of that 1st through 3rd talent on the Benglas.

Tell, me plz how our qb wasn't scrambling for his life for most of the game while being sacked 3 times and not having any time whatsoever to look down the field.

Hate to go against my boy Truck, but Cincy.com (Enquirer) put all 4 sacks on Ogbuehi and Bodine. Bodine got abused on a stunt yet again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote