Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi-new position
It's yet to be seen what will become of him, but it's painfully obvious he isn't RT material. I hope he succeeds. This team needs him to succeed so since I don't have a working crystal ball I'll just leave it with hope.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter where we put him. He's not strong enough, doesn't have the instincts n just isn't very good at the game of football. As a Bengals fan want him to succeed but doubt it
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 01:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mccshay has him as mid teens in first round so don't think we will be able to get him in second.what I love about him is that he is an very very elite run blocker and aggressive as well. I think the center position with his orchestration would make is top 10 in running and passing. But yeah ur right we will probably get more than a third.
See I want to trade down to 15-18 get elflien since most mocks have him middle of the first. Then use a pick or 2 that we got to trade down to  trade up to middle 20s get his teammate lb raquan McMillan a thumper in run game who is fast and excels in pass protection. Looks like malaluga 2.0 when he first came out. Although I mainly watch big ten and acc

Definately for trading down and picking up a good Center.

Would be for this all the way i just would rather have a LB who is good in coverage over a thumper.

But hey, we might need a thumper now that Maualuga lost his hair which was his power all along.
Reply/Quote
He just wasn't ready. I still have hope for him, but realistically his confidence is probably shot at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately for trading down and picking up a good Center.

Would be for this all the way i just would rather have a LB who is good in coverage over a thumper.

But hey, we might need a thumper now that Maualuga lost his hair which was his power all along.
He's the best of both worlds. A thumper who is good in coverage.
Reply/Quote
Wow
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 06:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He's the best of both worlds. A thumper who is good in coverage.

Awesome, would love McMillan then.

Like your scenario.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, would love McMillan then.

Like your scenario.

like this taking care of our 2 biggest positions of need better than mccshay mock which has us taking lattinore at 8
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 02:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's yet to be seen what will become of him, but it's painfully obvious he isn't RT material. I hope he succeeds. This team needs him to succeed so since I don't have a working crystal ball I'll just leave it with hope.

I wouldn't bet against Marvin and/or Paul Alexander trying to fit another square peg into a round hole. It's obvious to everyone and their mother (who doesn't know jacks*** about football) that Ced is the biggest problem on not only the line but the entire team (Nugent being a very close second). Therefore, expect our brilliant coaching staff to put him back out there at RT at some point soon
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 01:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mccshay has him as mid teens in first round so don't think we will be able to get him in second.what I love about him is that he is an very very elite run blocker and aggressive as well. I think the center position with his orchestration would make is top 10 in running and passing. But yeah ur right we will probably get more than a third.
See I want to trade down to 15-18 get elflien since most mocks have him middle of the first. Then use a pick or 2 that we got to trade down to  trade up to middle 20s get his teammate lb raquan McMillan a thumper in run game who is fast and excels in pass protection. Looks like malaluga 2.0 when he first came out. Although I mainly watch big ten and acc

I have seen Elflein rated mostly in the 40-60 range, and he is generally the #2 rated C behind Pocic from LSU, but not by much.  McShay is the only one I have heard of that has him anywhere near that high.  Not being a top tier athlete, I think his draft stock will take a bit of a hit at the combine, as well.

That said, I like him as a prospect and he would be a major upgrade over Bodine at C or could start at RG for a year if Zeitler leaves and Westerman isn't ready to start.  As bad as C has been for so long, I'd be cool with giving up a 4th to move up from the 2nd into the 30-32 range to get him and have the 5th year option that comes with a 1st round pick.  But, he just isn't worth a mid 1st round pick.  If some team wants him that high, they can have him and we can just wait on Pocic in the 2nd, because its unlikely 2 C's go in the first 40 picks.

My other issue is, I really wouldn't consider trading down unless Garrett, Allen, Williams, Fournette, and Cunningham are all off the board, because an elite talent like them would do a lot for this team.  Even then, it would take at least an early 2nd or a mid 2nd and mid 3rd for me to want to move down that far.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 03:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: I have seen Elflein rated mostly in the 40-60 range, and he is generally the #2 rated C behind Pocic from LSU, but not by much.  McShay is the only one I have heard of that has him anywhere near that high.  Not being a top tier athlete, I think his draft stock will take a bit of a hit at the combine, as well.

That said, I like him as a prospect and he would be a major upgrade over Bodine at C or could start at RG for a year if Zeitler leaves and Westerman isn't ready to start.  As bad as C has been for so long, I'd be cool with giving up a 4th to move up from the 2nd into the 30-32 range to get him and have the 5th year option that comes with a 1st round pick.  But, he just isn't worth a mid 1st round pick.  If some team wants him that high, they can have him and we can just wait on Pocic in the 2nd, because its unlikely 2 C's go in the first 40 picks.

My other issue is, I really wouldn't consider trading down unless Garrett, Allen, Williams, Fournette, and Cunningham are all off the board, because an elite talent like them would do a lot for this team.  Even then, it would take at least an early 2nd or a mid 2nd and mid 3rd for me to want to move down that far.
I guess I'm really high on him due to how agressive he is as a run blocker. Z and boling are both aggressive in run blocking feel like elflien is the missing piece. Right now mccshay has us with a corner at 8. and I believe if we went down to 15 he is worth it and we would get a second and third maybe even a 4th considering if we're moving down 8 spots. In draft central portion of , I went into detail on both the prospects I believe we should get elflien at 15 and McMillan in the mid 20s by using that 3rd and a 5th Comp to move up. I also included what pro scouts had to say about  them before this season as well as individual awards. Read that and if u still don't believe he's worth a mid first round pick we just have differing opinions . I think he is the cornerstone of our line for 10 years. 
Reply/Quote
If we drafted between 10 n 15 Rueben Foster from Alabama should be the guy. Reminds me of Bowman from the 49ers who I really wanted when he came out of Penn St. Cunningham from Vanderbilt looks to thin for my liking. Kinda has the built of Flowers or Brian Simmons for you older Bengal fans.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You all might want to bookmark this post because I am going to admit that I was wrong.
Don't worry. I've thought that plenty of times already, in the past. No biggie.
But....what does all that have to do with Og?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't worry. I've thought that plenty of times already, in the past. No biggie.
But....what does all that have to do with Og?

I deleted that post.  Don't know why it still showed up.
Reply/Quote
Who are you and what happened to Fred?
Reply/Quote