Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opponents going forward....
So we have NYJ, Browns, Raiders, Stealers, Chargers, 9ers, Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs and Browns.
We all pretty much know what we are getting with the Browns, Ravens and Stealers. I haven't watched much of the other games this year, but from what I can tell from listening to NFL radio several hours a day:
Raiders are a tough team.
Chargers have Murray, but are horrible at stopping the run.
9ers suck
Broncos have lost to every team they've played with a winning record
Chiefs Offensive line is suspect, their defensive line gets no penetration and they lead the league in turnovers.

For those who have watched these teams, does this match what you see? Because theoretically, if we handle the Browns and this is true I could see us win out.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So we have NYJ, Browns, Raiders, Stealers, Chargers, 9ers, Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs and Browns.
We all pretty much know what we are getting with the Browns, Ravens and Stealers. I haven't watched much of the other games this year, but from what I can tell from listening to NFL radio several hours a day:
9ers suck
Chiefs Offensive line is suspect, their defensive line gets no penetration and they lead the league in turnovers.

For those who have watched these teams, does this match what you see? Because theoretically, if we handle the Browns and this is true I could see us win out.

49ers and Broncos should be winnable, Steelers as well for sure and the Ravens apparently too. The Jets are basically a must-win at this point.

Chargers have a good offense and a good pass defense, I doubt they could just be run into the ground. The Browns are a good overall team with hardly any weakness except maybe QB. The Raiders are nasty. The Chiefs, I'd assume, will bounce back into form. These five games imho are quite hard to win, but not impossible for sure.

I guess we get four wins out of the easier matchups and have to get two of the harder ones for the playoffs. Which I'd assume is possible. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't see a single team on the list I'm particularly worried about. With a bit of luck and a whole lot of getting better the Bengali can be 15-2 by season's end..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Every single game is very winnable. The Bengals should feel like the better team each week from here on out (whether they actually are I am less certain, but they should feel it).

I would be highly surprised to see them actually win them all though. 15-2 would be the best regular season in franchise history. I don't know if this roster packs quite that punch. But all of a sudden great finishes like 12-5 or 13-4 seem entirely plausible. Still, there is a long way to go and many variables yet unaccounted for. I felt like an optimist calling 10-7 before the season started, but that feels like a conservative guess now.
Reply/Quote
I'd say 11-6 is reasonable.

Last three games are going to be a real grind. More so if the Browns get healthy.
Reply/Quote
@ Raiders
vs. Chargers
@ Broncos
vs. Chiefs
@ Browns

These strike me as the five toughest games remaining given team quality, timing, and/or location. Of course one can never overlook the home games against the Ravens or Steelers either. So out of those seven, if they pull out four wins and lose no more than one game otherwise --> 11-6.
Reply/Quote
Looking ahead doesn't do much because of probable injuries on each team and any given Sunday! One game at a time!
Reply/Quote
Jets, Broncos, 49rs maybe KC all seem like they should be games the Bengals win.

I will never count out a division rival. The Steelers are obviously ripe for the picking but Im just not ready to write them off. Yeah the Bengals spanked the Ravens but for some reason I could see that getting flipped in the next meeting because they have too much talent and Lamar is too good to let that happen twice. And I don't really know how the Browns match up but I see a real slug fest.

The other games; Chargers, Raiders I can see being split.

12-5 or 13-4 seems in reach but 11-6 would probably be enough.

I cant believe I thinking a 13 win season is possible but this teams got me excited.
Reply/Quote
Remaining healthy, I would be surprised to lose more than 3 from here on out.
Reply/Quote
At the start of the season, I (like I'm sure many) expected several of those teams to look better at this point in the season. Who knows how it'll play out, but Denver, 9ers, even KC, they're not looking that good. Bengals have shown they can beat Pit and Baltimore, so the question is just execution and keeping healthy. I have a lot more optimism going into this week looking at the general landscape than I had even a couple of weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
Vegas lines have them favored to lose @Raiders; Kansas City, @Cleveland And unless KC starts to play better that is going to move the other direction

Who would have ever thought that a potential 12-5 or 13-4 record was a possibility for this season. It is quite simply mind boggling

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 03:47 PM)pally Wrote: Vegas lines have them favored to lose @Raiders; Kansas City, @Cleveland  And unless KC starts to play better that is going to move the other direction

Who would have ever thought that a potential 12-5 or 13-4 record was a possibility for this season.  It is quite simply mind boggling

KC has fallen to pieces. Oline stinks, defense stinks.. All they really have is Mahomes and whatsisname. They're what happened to the Bengals towards the end of Marvin's tenure.. I don't care what anyone says. Mahomes was not and is never gonna be the GOAT. He's pretty good, but not when he's big time under pressure..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So we have NYJ, Browns, Raiders, Stealers, Chargers, 9ers, Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs and Browns.
9ers suck

via GIPHY

[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:

via GIPHY

He means Kenneth Murray 2nd year linebacker out of Oklahoma. I think he's on IR though dont know for how long.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: He means Kenneth Murray 2nd year linebacker out of Oklahoma. I think he's on IR though dont know for how long.

He'll be back soon, but he's actually played pretty crappy this year prior to the injury. It was an odd reference in terms of whom to account for.   I'd be most weary of their passing offense, specifically the Allen/Williams duo.  
Reply/Quote
The Browns, Raiders and Chargers are really the only teams I could see us losing to and we should split with the Browns at
the very least. We are at Home I think against the Chargers so I think we beat them. I see a 13-4 record happening if all goes
well. We are young and improving in all of our weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:

via GIPHY

I meant Herbert.... Hilarious ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Lacey is a babe BTW... Wink
Reply/Quote
Somehow the Bengals are still +200 to win the AFC North, at least via the outlet I use most often. If the current division leader wins I triple my money?

*shoves chips into the center of the table*
Reply/Quote
9ers suck

At the start of the season I pretty much predicted that the Jets would be the only the game the Bengals would be favored in from this point forward.

Now, however, the way the team is playing they are capable of winning any of these games. The win against the Ravens really showed what this team can do. It didn't really show before that.

Reply/Quote