Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange jerseys/Black pants
(12-05-2016, 06:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's the combos for this year.  Somebody at the stadium should be able to confirm or deny, I would think.

Dude, they never wore orange pants. End of story. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Impossible to get anything online, unless you want tickets or gear.

You could give them a call.  I posted what the Bengals have about their unis,  the pics of orange pants are obviously photo-shopped, as an 18 year STH I've never seen orange pants, and Pat seems pretty confident he hasn't, either. So, of they've worn orange pants, I'd like to know when they did.  And, why haven't they since?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You could give them a call.  I posted what the Bengals have about their unis,  the pics of orange pants are obviously photo-shopped, as an 18 year STH I've never seen orange pants, and Pat seems pretty confident he hasn't, either. So, of they've worn orange pants, I'd like to know when they did.  And, why haven't they since?

Tried that.  Couldn't get past Customers' Service and no one knows there.

I could be wrong, but I go back to the beginning in 1968, but it seems to me within the last 10 years I thought they were in all orange for a home game, same as Go Cards remembers.  I guess if there's nothing beside the one picture on Google, it must not be. Not important enough to spend anymore time on it than I already have.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You could give them a call.  I posted what the Bengals have about their unis,  the pics of orange pants are obviously photo-shopped, as an 18 year STH I've never seen orange pants, and Pat seems pretty confident he hasn't, either. So, of they've worn orange pants, I'd like to know when they did.  And, why haven't they since?

Yeah, they've never worn orange pants. No big deal though. And like I said he's probably thinking of the 2004 games against the Cowboys and Browns where we wore orange jerseys/black pants and orange socks. At first glance it looked like orange pants, but not quite. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's tough isn't AO??  Admit you're wrong. Man up!!

I  would if i'm wrong but i'm not wrong. I am not bullheaded in the least. You on the other hand are  wrong..so maybe you should follow your own advice like a good Christian and "man up".[Image: jesus-sp-smiley-face.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's the combos for this year.  Somebody at the stadium should be able to confirm or deny, I would think.

Why would you need someone from the stadium to confirm it? Several people here already have. 

Hell, i even showed you the original pic that was photoshopped to make the pants look orange. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: WeezyBengal
You guys realize that the color of the jersey that the Bengals wear has absolutely nothing to do with how well they play, right?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:11 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I  would if i'm wrong but i'm not wrong. I am not bullheaded in the least. You on the other hand are  wrong..so maybe you should follow your own advice like a good Christian and "man up".[Image: jesus-sp-smiley-face.gif]
Been there and done that, from an earlier post above.

"Tried that.  Couldn't get past Customers' Service and no one knows there.

I could be wrong, but I go back to the beginning in 1968, but it seems to me within the last 10 years I thought they were in all orange for a home game, same as Go Cards remembers.  I guess if there's nothing beside the one picture on Google, it must not be. Not important enough to spend anymore time on it than I already have."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys realize that the color of the jersey that the Bengals wear has absolutely nothing to do with how well they play, right?

(12-05-2016, 08:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

No, he's right.  Yesterday's win was because I wore my lucky underwear.

You're all welcome.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, they never wore orange pants. End of story. 

Good enough for me.  If the Weez says it, it has to be true!!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No, he's right.  Yesterday's win was because I wore my lucky underwear.

You're all welcome.

Wearing your wife's underware and defining that as 'lucky' has nothing to do with football AL!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Wearing your wife's underware and defining that as 'lucky' has nothing to do with football AL!!!

It's all I got.  She stopped letting me leave the house with her bra on.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's all I got.  She stopped letting me leave the house with her bra on.  

Thanks for that 'halftime' visual AL!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 03:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I think somehow we could manage to discern who's who.

[Image: ff_2504106_full.jpg&w=340]

that is not a 70's browns jersey
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: that is not a 70's browns jersey

Correct, that's what they look like now.  So, were we to wear out throwback unis now, no one would confuse us with the Browns, even if we wore them playing the Browns.
Reply/Quote
FYI, here's the link to the photoshopped image from another chat board:

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/73031-bengals-records-in-various-uniform-combinations/
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Correct, that's what they look like now.  So, were we to wear out throwback unis now, no one would confuse us with the Browns, even if we wore them playing the Browns.

If the Bengals wore throwbacks then the Browns wouls also.  And very few people would be abel to tell the difference.

The point I was making is that i don't see the purpose of playing in throwback jerseys that look like high school crap.  I like the uniforms from the mid 90's through the early 00's, but those are not really old enough to get excited about being throwbacks.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If the Bengals wore throwbacks then the Browns wouls also.  And very few people would be abel to tell the difference.

The point I was making is that i don't see the purpose of playing in throwback jerseys that look like high school crap.  I like the uniforms from the mid 90's through the early 00's, but those are not really old enough to get excited about being throwbacks.

I completely agree. I'd love it if we wore our 90's throwbacks (plus the helmet BS wouldn't come into play). But as you said, not exactly old enough and pretty similar to what we have now.

If we do go throwback for "Throwback Thursday" night games and if we somehow draw the Brown's for our Thursday night game, we could wear 60's style black with their 60's (and earlier) style white. Or if we're in Cleveland they go 60's style brown and we go 60's style white. It would look different for both of us since the Browns have gone the Oregon route with their uniforms and ours have got more stripes than actual tigers. The old black jerseys just have circular stripes.
Reply/Quote
And why did someone delete another one of my responses? I said nothing even remotely offensive or controversial...
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I apologize to every Bengal fan who couldn't give two s**** about the uniforms but I am an admitted uniform junkie and I was ecstatic to see this combo make a return today.

We haven't worn this combo since we played the Browns in 2005. That's 11 years, folks. This combo is long overdue. I nearly forgot how much I liked it.

How could the previous generation of players hate the orange on black so much? I don't understand it. Granted, the orange on black with orange socks looked horrendous (wore it twice in 2004) but with black socks? Looks damn good. Besides, it's no worse than the creamsicle-looking orange on white.

Does anyone know what made the team finally break these out again? They were extremely against it for 11 years.

I don't really like the Orange jerseys and really only liked them cause we usually win in them but the Orange
with Black pants didn't look bad to me for some reason. Black on Black is my favorite of course. Just always
wear the Black pants man, they look slick.
Reply/Quote