Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
(03-22-2023, 03:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have already stated that Jonah is not a terrible LT and in fact he is a very average LT and there is value in that. However, availability is a huge asset when it comes to being a player and unfortunately he has missed a considerable amount of time since he has been in the league. I would think the major issue that most have with Jonah is how often he is able to be driven backward to the QB. You will have a hard time overpowering Orlando Brown Jr. I agree that many are attempting to degrade the game of Jonah in an attempt to elevate the position of Brown. 

The fact is that even in his worst graded season Orlando gave up no more than 4 sacks and in Jonah's best graded season he gave up 8 sacks. Those are the facts of the situation. Protecting the franchise means keeping him standing.

Spot on. As you’ve been on this thread
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So the player holds no responsibility in his development? Oh wait as was pointed out earlier his highest graded season was in 2021 which was a pretty good jump from that of 2020 so would you not say that was improvement? What they cannot help is his inability to stay healthy.

The Bengals have been pretty bad at developing drafted lineman. If it were 1 or 2, its one thing. But, its like every one. Jonah came into the league pro-ready and now they're looking to dump him. But, there's a list of other drafted lineman that didn't develop here. Price, MJ, Ced, Fisher, Westerman, etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have been pretty bad at developing drafted lineman. If it were 1 or 2, its one thing. But, its like every one. Jonah came into the league pro-ready and now they're looking to dump him. But, there's a list of other drafted lineman that didn't develop here. Price, MJ, Ced, Fisher, Westerman, etc.

They are huge on players from major programs. Carman/Clemson Jonah/Bama . They need guys from Iowa
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They are huge on players from major programs. Carman/Clemson Jonah/Bama . They need guys from Iowa

Iowa and Wisconsin. Wisconsin keeps pumping out great lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have been pretty bad at developing drafted lineman. If it were 1 or 2, its one thing. But, its like every one. Jonah came into the league pro-ready and now they're looking to dump him. But, there's a list of other drafted lineman that didn't develop here. Price, MJ, Ced, Fisher, Westerman, etc.

MJ and Westerman were mid round picks and Fisher had heart problems. Oh my God, making excuses for PA now... Shocked

(03-22-2023, 08:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They are huge on players from major programs. Carman/Clemson Jonah/Bama . They need guys from Iowa

Depends on the guys. I did like Linderbaum, but I don't know as much about Iowa's OL this Draft. At least not yet.

(03-22-2023, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Iowa and Wisconsin. Wisconsin keeps pumping out great lineman.

Wisconsin for sure, they have a couple dudes this Draft I would also like to add to our OL room.
Reply/Quote
NFL Network is replaying the Cincy/KC regular season matchup. First time I've paid more attention to a player on the other team. #57 got used on the last offensive drive by KC.

I ABSOLUTELY love the OB signing, just saying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jason Kelce on Orlando going to the dark side lol
https://www.wlwt.com/amp/article/cincinnati-bengals-orlando-brown-travis-kelce-podcast-mayor-jabroni/43420812

Reply/Quote
The Mayor is living in Kelce's head, or Kelce is just racist against Indians, because he seems obsessed with him.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have been pretty bad at developing drafted lineman. If it were 1 or 2, its one thing. But, its like every one. Jonah came into the league pro-ready and now they're looking to dump him. But, there's a list of other drafted lineman that didn't develop here. Price, MJ, Ced, Fisher, Westerman, etc.

Whitworth came in as a second round swing player and developed into one of the best LTs in recent memory. You have guys such as Zeitler and Steinbach that get developed and other teams wish to overpay for them. 

MJ was grossly over drafted as I believe Ogbuehi was as well. Ced was a draft of athletic potential that never materialized which I believe is more the player than the coaching in his case.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 03:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Travis Kelce on Orlando going to the dark side lol
https://www.wlwt.com/amp/article/cincinnati-bengals-orlando-brown-travis-kelce-podcast-mayor-jabroni/43420812

That is Travis, so fixed it for yah, but yeah, it is like stealing a good player from an in Division rival. Love it man.
Reply/Quote

He had a 58.1 PFF grade last season, and they’re paying their new RT $20 million a year…

KC might seriously regret letting Brown get away.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 06:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
He had a 58.1 PFF grade last season, and they’re paying their new RT $20 million a year…

Good, I hope that O Brown gets the lead block on a Chase Brown TD run to put the game away when the Bengals face the Chumps this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Smith is a real issue. Shocked posters here worship/love KC’s drafting and they drafted a DE and WR before a tackle. And we’ve bitched and moaned 364/24/7 because we passed on Mayer.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 06:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Sad thing is, they signed Jawaan Taylor originally to play LT.  Looks like the move did not go well.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: Sad thing is, they signed Jawaan Taylor originally to play LT.  Looks like the move did not go well.

And likewise..... Sad thing is that many on this forum wanted Donavan Smith during free agency period.  And low and behold, Duke shocks all of us!
Reply/Quote
Did they sign Taylor to play LT or was that the media saying that given his contract. This board has said (when talking about Jonah) RT get paid big money too. Maybe Taylor playing RT was always in KC's plans. It was the only position he played in the pros.

I'm not sure they should be questioned at this point. Given their success. Folks may be trying too hard to make them seem inept.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did they sign Taylor to play LT or was that the media saying that given his contract. This board has said (when talking about Jonah) RT get paid big money too. Maybe Taylor playing RT was always in KC's plans. It was the only position he played in the pros.

I'm not sure they should be questioned at this point. Given their success. Folks may be trying too hard to make them seem invincible

FIFY
Last I looked Zac/Joe are 3-1 vs Reid/Mahomes. But you are right they are the top team and really have been or almost 5 years running. But what they’ve done in the OL is surprising

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did they sign Taylor to play LT or was that the media saying that given his contract. This board has said (when talking about Jonah) RT get paid big money too. Maybe Taylor playing RT was always in KC's plans. It was the only position he played in the pros.

I'm not sure they should be questioned at this point. Given their success. Folks may be trying too hard to make them seem invincible

Last I looked Zac/Joe are 3-1 vs Reid/Mahomes. But you are right they are the top team and really have been or almost 5 years running. But what they’ve done in the OL is surprising

Reply/Quote

I'm not sure they should be questioned at this point. Given their success. Folks may be trying too hard to make them seem invincible.

Reply/Quote
Sooner and Carolina the same person……. Noted.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote